cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds on hold Bull Crap

I've been a seller on ebay since 1998

I sold two items earlier this month and wondered why I haven't got my payout yet. Come to find out they placed them on hold till delivered to the customer.

I use ebay shipping have 100% positive feedback and never had an issue with my customers getting their items. These items were shippped immediately and tracking populated on the listings for all to see. The mail and UPS have both had some delays this month due to weather back south here in TN. But still we're shipped the day of or day after the sale. I don't sit on items. That's not how I run a business. 

The rep said it was because of account inactivity since my last sale was the end of November. 

This is unacceptable since the last sale was 5 weeks from the next one. Ebay has became a joke. 

So while on the phone with the rep I deleted my existing listings and once paid out I will be deleting my ebay account. There are many options on the web to sell the items I sell at. 

So bye bye ebay from a long term seller ok your platform. Your business practices do not make my business run smoothly.  

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Funds on hold Bull Crap

Your payouts are on hold because you are either a new seller or an infrequent seller.

eBay may hold your payouts for up to 30 days. 

Payments on Hold policy

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Funds on hold Bull Crap

Payment holds happen. Don't  take it personally. 

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Funds on hold Bull Crap

Infrequent sellers could have had their account 'taken over by scamming thieves, coupled with all Buyers having a 30 day Money Back Guarantee, the site has to cover those buyers-which they don't want to do so that is why they 'hold'. 

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Funds on hold Bull Crap

Bye!   !!!!!!!

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Funds on hold Bull Crap

Not only inactivity can lead to a hold. So can a spike in dollar value of the items you sold.

Throughout the internet the leashes have been tightened on 3P sellers to improve buyer safety and avoid the marketplace sites having to refund because of dishonest sellers.

Sellers are being profiled and when they exceed a certain risk level, even if they are honest, their funds go on hold.

You may find any other site you choose to move to is as likely to put your funds on hold.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Funds on hold Bull Crap

Not a new seller . Been selling since 1998. They said it was because it had been over a month since my last sale. I have had things posted nut they aren't moving on ebay. I sold 6 guitars on Reverb 1 on Facebook Marketplace during December and nothing sold on eBay.  I also have figured out if you search for items they don't always show up in the search unless you boost the item. I'm done with eBay which saddens me since I used to love it. But it's just not as good of an option as other sites at this point then add the funds hold to it and it's not worth my while. 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Funds on hold Bull Crap

Had an item sold and it was  first stated hold for 30 days. Then once shipping label purchased it was changed to 15 days with a statement it would be earlier if item delivered and Positive Feedback received. Item purchased on Friday, delivered on Monday and Feedback left on Monday. I just figured they don't have enough money to pay me and when enough new money comes in they will be able to pay me. 

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Funds on hold Bull Crap

I almost think they are starting to run it like a ponzi scheme. 

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Funds on hold Bull Crap

There are way to many devils advocates in here. If I didn't know better I almost think that these are either AI bots or employees lol The fact is we need to not browbeat our fellow sellers and make them feel worse by giving examples of why holds happen. Talk about insult to injury. But unfortunately this is all part of a very large designed plan and it's going to get worse and worse my friends! Read your Constitution and get to know it well it's our saving grace?🇺🇲

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Funds on hold Bull Crap

bonjourami_0-1706304642431.png

What in the world does the constitution have to do with Ebay guidelines for held funds? This is not the U.S. government,its Ebay, with their own rules and regulations for selling here.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Funds on hold Bull Crap

Yeah some of these people are playing that know it all keyboard warrior **bleep**. 

I know why they do it. It's just **bleep** to do that to an account that has things listed and just didn't sell anything in December. My other sales sights I sold lots of items but unfortunately for music gear there are much better options for people than eBay currently. They used to be the only game in town. On the positive note they do offer super cheap rates to us UPS now. Last guitar I shipped cost me 20 bucks.  So that part is a positive. Just wish they wouldn't play with the payouts and do unnecessary holds to 28 year sellers of the platform. 

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Funds on hold Bull Crap

Doesnt matter how long you've been on Ebay, a sense of entitlement doesnt help either. The rules are the same for everybody regarding holds, no exceptions.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Funds on hold Bull Crap

Really sense of Entitlement? So you sell an item that is yours you ship said item you have 100% feedback been a seller on ebay for almost 30 years and cause you want your payment your entitled? Excuse me for feeling entitled. 

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Funds on hold Bull Crap

You dont seem to get it that none of that matters, you keep saying the same things over and over. All that matters is you dont have a recent selling history and Ebay treats that as the same criteria for a brand new seller and your funds will be held. Ive been here selling for twenty five years, and am an occasional seller too, and my funds were held. If its any consolation,, it wasnt for long,maybe a week.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply