cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New eBay Is garbage for sellers

Just came back to eBay after a few years off selling things occasionally to try to sell a few items I had around.  I have a flawless feedback score and have been an eBay member for over 20 years, YET……I’ve found that eBay is playing games with delivering money to sellers.  “Up to 24 hours” I was told and also told it has nothing to do with status or feedback or history, it’s just the “processing time.”  However then she goes on to say “as you sell more, that time will come down.”  Contradicting exactly what she just said.

I ask to speak to a supervisor, because i sold my item, the buyer has the information or ive jeen instructed to ship or deliver the item, yet now, in ebays new world, they can wait a day to allow you to have the money.

Disappointed, i asked to speak to a supervisor who told me "were in a new virtual world where money doesn't exist until we go to the ATM" and "processing can take different times, and the WEATHER can affect processing." 🤣🤣🤣🤣 dear god. I inquired what planet she lives on that she doesn’t get charged the minute she swipes her card.    Lol. She said “not always.”

🤦🏻 it’s a redundant argument to have with eBay.

ill just wait til some class action sues them for playing with peoples money.  Absolute trash.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Welp, 24 hours have come and gone & now customer service says it COULD take until end of day for funds to be available.

And their only pre-canned answer for explanation is….. “it could take up to 24 hours for processing & sometimes til the end of the next day.”

thanks eBay.  You’re truly great.  🤦🏻

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Since you haven't sold much lately, they can hold the funds for 30 days.

Yes, it does take a little time for the payment to process and the funds become avaliable.

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

You're behind the times by a few years, Paypal used to "credit" your funds before they were truly processed. Almost all online payment processors have a wait time unless you pay a fee to get the funds fronted (which you can now do on ebay if you need it so fast). Ebay's CS reps, in their wishy washy way were telling you the truth. A lawyer would say the same. It's very basic economics.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Yup, some time to process.

eBay does not instantly "front" the payment while it is processing the way PP did.

Instant when I swipe my CC?  I come home, and the next day my store purchases often show "pending".

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

02- 02-24
EBAY CLOSED MY CASE ON 1-12-24 BECAUSE BUYER USED HIS OWN LABEL AND ADDRESSED IT TO A DIFFERENT ADDRESS AND NAME LISTED ON PACKAGE WHICH I SUBMITTED PROOF FROM USPS, I DID NOT RECEIVE THIS IPHONE, AND THE NEXT DAY 1-13-24 EBAY REP. NAMED CARLO C. REFUNDED BUYER WITHOUT CHECKING MY INFO AND DOCUMENTATION, OR EVEN REACHING OUT TO ME OR CONTACTING ME TO FIND OUT WHAT THE ISSUE WAS, AND AFTER REACHING OUT TO NUMEROUS AGENTS, WITH NO RESULTS, NOW EBAY IS TRYING TO MAKE ME PAY FOR HIS MISTAKE, THIS IS NOT MY FAULT AND EBAY NEEDS TO LOOK AND READ ALL THE DOCUMENTATION WHICH I PROVIDED THROUGH EMAILS AND POSTAGE MAIL FROM POST OFFICE. - SOMEONE IS NOT DOING THEIR JOB, AND I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS. I AM BEING PENALIZED, AND EBAY CLAIMS THEY PROTECT SELLERS FROM SCAMMERS, AND "WE GOT YOUR BACK" NOT HERE, THEY NEED TO GO AFTER THE BUYER AND EBAY REP. ALSO EBAY IS VERY AWARE OF THIS SCAM ADDRESS, 3601 OLD CAPITAL TRAIL UNIT 7 , WILMINGTON, DE. 19808-6042, ITS POSTED ALL OVER ON EBAY COMMUNITY INFO. ITS A SCAM, LOOK AND READ THOROUGHLY. THIS IPHONE NEVER CAME TO MY ADDRESS. ITEM 276230182787, I WANT CHARGES REVERSED. IVE BEEN WITH EBAY FOR 17+ YEARS NOW WITH GOOD STANDINGS AND BEING TREATED UNFAIRLY AND UNJUSTLY BECAUSE OF AN AGENTS POOR JUDGEMENT ? AND I HAVE TO SUFFER FROM HIS MISTAKE. ? I HAVE PROOF CUT AND DRY. NO ONE THERE WANTS TO LOOK AT MY PROOF,,WHY? AND WHERE IS BUYERS PROOF?  EBAY WANTS MONEY FROM SELLERS THAT HAVE PROOF?  MUST CALL THE BBB AND ATTORNEY GENERAL OFFICE TO LOOK INTO THIS MATTER.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

They told me that recency and selling amounts have nothing to do with how long it takes to “process” their payments. 
When I jumped back on, the first one took over 24 hours and each one since has.

are you telling me that in fact that’s NOT true and eventually if I sell more the funds will “process” into my account faster?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

But pending still HOLDS your money.  Once the processor closes their day, that money is theirs.

if eBay is processing the money, how come front you the money to pay shipping? 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

AND you used to be able to pull the money the minute PayPal “fronted” it to you.  So then it became real.  PLUS, on a pickup item, why even give eBay Money, just sell it on Marketplace and have them take nothing🤷🏻‍♂️?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Why do people keep harping how it used to be with PayPal? What purpose does that serve?

Not to be mean but get over it.

Look up eBay Payment Holds on the search bar on the Help & Contact page. It explains the conditions for payment holds. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply