cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds on hold Bull Crap

I've been a seller on ebay since 1998

I sold two items earlier this month and wondered why I haven't got my payout yet. Come to find out they placed them on hold till delivered to the customer.

I use ebay shipping have 100% positive feedback and never had an issue with my customers getting their items. These items were shippped immediately and tracking populated on the listings for all to see. The mail and UPS have both had some delays this month due to weather back south here in TN. But still we're shipped the day of or day after the sale. I don't sit on items. That's not how I run a business. 

The rep said it was because of account inactivity since my last sale was the end of November. 

This is unacceptable since the last sale was 5 weeks from the next one. Ebay has became a joke. 

So while on the phone with the rep I deleted my existing listings and once paid out I will be deleting my ebay account. There are many options on the web to sell the items I sell at. 

So bye bye ebay from a long term seller ok your platform. Your business practices do not make my business run smoothly.  

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Funds on hold Bull Crap

I see you've sold over 1000 items but I can't see any sales before 11-3, the sales I do see since 11-3 seem spread out one every other week and average $30-$50 and then this one was for $470.   I think it is that "high" amount that triggered the hold.   Ebay algo wants to make sure the sale is covered if the buyer flakes out.  Your track record don't mean squat in the trustless world.  Congratulations on the sale, grit your teeth and you will get your funds.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

FYI you still have a couple listings live. Careful, they might sell.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

I've sold lots of high end stuff on ebay. Since 1998. This year hasn't been much sold on ebay since my other sales channels like Reverb.com is best for selling musical gear. Lots of the things sold on here since June this year have been action figures and things like that. 

470 isn't much money compared to the guitars I sell on reverb which I do list here too. Issue is the listings here get watchers and no buyers. 

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Congrats for being a Top Rated Seller since 1998 with 100% feedback ratings! Please don't throw that away. You've worked hard to get such ratings. I know no one likes anyone fiddling around with their funds, I urge you to calm down and exercise patience.  Give eBay another chance and continue using the platform. Yes, there may be other platforms, but sometimes when you think the grass is greener somewhere else, just water yours more. Stay safe and be well. Happy Selling!

PS. I don't make much sales, but I'm hanging in there until eBay decides to terminate me from their platform. 

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

This is obviously not true. If this was true, all ebay business would come to a halt immediately. They are clearly picking and choosing an arbitrary amount of customers to enact this suddenly very harsh draconian policy. You have replied to enough users to have realized the varying amount of circumstances. Veteran sellers, persistent sellers, infrequent sellers, high value seller, low value sellers, even buyers are having issues with out of blue suspensions and restrictions.

It was our product, our investment in time in resources. Ebay got their share of our returns and and refuses to pay sellers in a timely fashion. For people who depend on Ebay to run their business and have a long history of good customer service, this can be life ruining. For infrequent sellers who use Ebay to sell old items because they have a bill that need to gets paid it can be just as damaging. All of these people complaining here about funds being held will likely be a lost customer for Ebay. That means less traffic and buzz, which means less traffic to your store. Ebay's Spanish inquisition may have not touched you yet, but if they continue on this path, rest assured you will touched by it's hand.

I know 100 percent that this is not about safety and protection of the community. If all these restrictions that are happening were valid, Ebay would be able to give a specific reason to each individual user they suspend or restrict or hold from from. Yet they use the same vague nonsense about here are a list of policies. Guess which one you have violated, and maybe you haven't violated any, we just want to protect our babies from risk. They are literally running ads that say buy a thing, sell a thing. Everyone they are advertising too in that case would be considered a new seller and everyone that "buys a thing, sells a thing" would be instantly hit with payment holds and account restrictions simply because they are considered a "new seller".

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

" Ebay's Spanish inquisition may have not touched you yet, but if they continue on this path, rest assured you will touched by it's hand."

I have already said I am an occasional seller, and my funds were held. But as I expected that, I had no problem with it. Hardly a 'Spanish Inquisition'. I presume your funds on your four recent sales were held as you havent had any sales here for a year. That is as it should be.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 21 of 22
latest reply

@stephenmorgan wrote:

Had an item sold and it was  first stated hold for 30 days. Then once shipping label purchased it was changed to 15 days with a statement it would be earlier if item delivered and Positive Feedback received. Item purchased on Friday, delivered on Monday and Feedback left on Monday. I just figured they don't have enough money to pay me and when enough new money comes in they will be able to pay me. 

Item shipped and received in four days. Positive Feedback left on the 5th day. Payment released today (15 days after sale). Obviously it does not matter how quickly a item is shipped or if Positive Feedback is received. A time is given and that is when funds will be released. I fully understood what would happen so I have no disappointment in the process.

I think the part about receiving payment quicker based on shipping speed and Feedback should not be included in the notification of the hold. This creates a false sense that the funds may be released sooner.

Don't know this to be true, but I wonder if every time someone interacts with eBay about their hold if this causes the release date to be extended?

Message 22 of 22
latest reply