cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay withdraws microdeposits?

So ebay deposited 4 cents and 6 cents into my bank account to verify it.  When I confirmed, they said they would withdraw it in a few days?  Really?  A dime?  With all the fees I pay, you can't spare a dime?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Millions are being moved into MP; of course they would withdraw it- just like all other companies do. 

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

@oldskoolmadskilz wrote:

So ebay deposited 4 cents and 6 cents into my bank account to verify it. 

When I confirmed, they said they would withdraw it in a few days? 

Really?  A dime?  With all the fees I pay, you can't spare a dime?

Um, it's a test:

1. That deposits work --  you can deposit in anyone's account, whether or not you know them.

2. That it's your account -- you can see the deposits and confirm the 2 random amounts.

3. That withdrawals work -- ask for ANY amount, in this case the total of the 2 random amounts.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

It is just a test - paypal required me to do this too a few years back.  I had to confirm the microdeposit in order for paypal to send my Ebay billions direct to my bank account.   All part of No Your Customer laws.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I wonder if eBay is charged $0.30 for each of the transactions?

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I’ve had this process done dozens of times. Thus is the first time any company has retrieved them. 

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Yes, I understand the process and what it is for. But I’ve never seen anyone go back and retrieve them. 

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

They deposited a total of 8 cents and withdrew 9 cents on the same day. So they do this a couple of million times and hope no one picks up on it or bothers to fight for a penny. 

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Aha, this would be true but you figured out on your other post  that  they made another deposit of 1 cent is why they withdrew 9.  In all fairness you should have returned here and said nope- never mind, I figured it out. No penny was kept by eBay.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

For my microdeposits they deposited $.10 then they withdrew $.12 hmmmm

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Any word on this? They deposited 9 cents & took 10...

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Back when Paypal got started they did not take them back.  Even better they were in the 0.40 to 0.60 cent range.  

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

This reply is a test. If it had been an actual response, it would be followed by theft charges for keeping money that was not yours & being banned for being a idiot. Leave a message at the tone....

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

I agree.  Deposited 8 cents. WD 10 cents.  I think I need a lawyer.  CLASS ACTION

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Not only is eBay making sure they can send you your seller cash, they're also verifying that they can draw it back out for myriad purposes. 

Like refunding a buyer.

Yes..eBay is busy nickle& diming their sellers for every cent they can.

But this isn't one of those times.

( The end times are coming when I start defending eBay. Stock up everybody!)

Message 15 of 19
latest reply