eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

kansas_gal06
Community Member

Re: Automatic Relisting

in reply to demarl2

Another welcome to the part-timers board!

Well, I didn't think caffiene kid's reply was insulting. I see your point on the word selection, but it was your choice to be offended.

There are a gazillion Chinese sellers who have listed necklaces & earrings similar to yours. Their listings start at a penny with free shipping.

With  361,275  results for beaded necklace, I wonder what page of results yours shows up on!

About the auto relisting, not sure what you meant by the "sense of urgency".  Buyers don't know it will be relisted. If you meant ebay putting it lower in the search rank, hmmmm, perhaps. I always use sell similar and relist manually.

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to demarl2

demarl2 wrote:

Not thin skinned at all, I just think if someone asks a question about a new feature, they shouldn't be insulted. I was polite in my reply. I guess I must have better things to do in life than hurl insults at people from behind a computer. I will not be visiting this forum again. It seems to me that you guys have a kind of bully group of people and if you don't regularly contribute or belong to this group, you just get insulted. Kind of like high school. That was way too many years ago for me and I didn't like it then and don't tolerate it now.

Dear De2 :

Welcome to the PT Board...

While I'm sure your comments and experiance will be a fine addition to the community......

remember that once posted comments have a way of sticking around......for better or worse!

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to demarl2

Caff writes..

"Well, cheap costume jewelry is a very large market."

De2 writes....

"even though I may carry Cheap costume jewelry that is not made by me, that is what I sell the most of, so there is a market for it, unfortunately."

???   ...... 

Please use plain text.
scga912
Community Member

in reply to demarl2

I do not use SYI so the option to relist for free isn't available.  However, I do like the option and perhaps in the future I will use it for items that may require some time to sell.  The buyer doesn't know you've used automatic relist. 

May I suggest that you utilize the title better. You can use up to 80 characters.  Think like an inexperienced buyer and what they may search for.   Also, I have no idea what many of your items are made of.  "Necklace and Earring Set in Purple Tones"  Are they glass or plastic?  What are they strung on?  Costume jewelry is a saturated market so you need to cast a wide net.  (You're also competing with chinese sellers who get subsidized shipping)

While your pictures are overall pretty good, there is no Zoom available so a lot of the detail is lacking/cannot be seen.

I'm confused about the "925 sterling (stamped) plated" statement as well.  It is either sterling or it isn't.  There are also no pictures of the stamp.  You said you made some of the items so perhaps you would know from your supplier. 

While you may think some posters are bullies.  A lack of inflection in posted words may cause you to infer what was not implied.  I know I am blunt/direct, but I am not malicious.  I would like every seller to succeed.

** - Suzanne - **
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to demarl2

4 sales, wow, I wish you more. Me 60's and still going strong.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to spdrwb52

I wish I were younger, then the 3 jobs would not take such a toll. I am in my later 50's so I would love to be able to retire soon, unfortunately losing my job last year set me back. I think 70 is the new 65 these days. And I have made a few (4) sales this week.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

Morning to you too. just got up and ready for another great day. Time for some coffee.  

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to demarl2

Fully understand your remarks, I married into a new family that is nothing but teachers and bankers, and I must say the stories are very interesting. In my days (little red school house) we did not behave ugly to anyone and respected everyone. It's a lost art in the unforgiving world  of technology. But again, those in front of us move slow and the ones behind us move to fast. Well from what I have read on any of these family forums, each and everyone have been very helpful and I truly am thankful for their help when I have called out to them. As for the job (s) that you are working....there I can really relate. In my younger days I was working 3 jobs each day with about 5 hrs off before the next one. This went on for over 15 years. I finally retired from my major job and am a better person for it. This selling on ebay is very much part time to me, but I must say that the retirement salary leaves very little for us after all of the bills are paid for. So long story short, welcome to my little family of teachers and bankers and best of luck with your sales.  I don't have many answers when it comes to ebay problems but I will say that those reading these emails do. Oh, the milk and cookies were great last night, really relaxed me and the wife.  I had a sale last night....:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to spdrwb52

Good morning demarl2 and welcome to The Part Timers Forum. And a belated one to dbgb2k and spdrwb52!

"I do struggle with my descriptions." May I suggest?..Writing a good title and description..

Hope this helps and good luck with your future auctions!

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to spdrwb52

Well, thank you to the ones that welcomed me. I do read almost all the items posted on this discussion forum. No, I was not bullied as a child so I don't have any issues there. I am a college professor and tutor high school students so I see bullying quite frequently and that behavior or mentality is very disturbing to me. And I see the effects it has on those experiencing it so that makes me quite sensitive to that type of behavior. That may be why I bristled at the replies.

I did find out, however, that the "automatic relist this items up to three times for free" button on the bottom of the summary page was a very new feature. That is what I was asking about, I got the answer from another forum.

I just figure I treat everyone the way I like to be treated, with respect. I do read some of the other forums and I have noticed when there are posts by us newbies some of the comments are less than respectful. If you want to label this a "part-time ebay" forum, then you need to welcome new people to the group. You never know, maybe a newbie might actually be a helpful contributor to the discussion. I would venture to say that unless you have a spouse that makes money and has a great job, the majority of the individual sellers are probably part-timers. Since I do not have that option, I am forced to work full time. Which is fine because I love my day job but it does not cover all the bills. I also work a second job, and a third and sell on ebay.

And by the way, even though I may carry Cheap costume jewelry that is not made by me, that is what I sell the most of, so there is a market for it, unfortunately. I do try to pick the most tasteful members of that category to sell. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

That's fine with me. I've been collecting spidey since the 1960's and have been having fun with it and am now selling some of my stuff off to make room for more. Most of my sales are of the last twenty years only . I finally got a sale tonight and told the wife to break out the good stuff.......(milk and cookies).....wow what a party.....but for real......it's tough selling and I respect each and everyone that takes this onto their shoulders and I do understand their issues and hope the best for all. For now, I think I'm going to go get the milk and cookies and just relax. Thanks for the invite to the family.

Please use plain text.
hidy-hoo
Community Member

in reply to spdrwb52

spdrwb52 wrote:

Just for the record, I'm old as dirt, don't scare at all, and I have learned many things from all of the conversations that have come to this community. Most of the time I just read the conversations and take notes. But if you were to ask me, I would respond if I'm on line at the time. So keep up the good work and maybe others will see the value that is offered here.

spdwb52 ~ Hope it's OK if I call you spd!  You have perfect credentials for sharing your knowledge on this board.  Please feel free to join in, as

new opinions are always welcome. 

How much better would life be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire?flickering flame photo: flame flickering small Flame.gif
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to komokwa

okay by me   :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to bronx-dog

OK, BD.....I'll try to be on my best behaviour !

"Well, cheap costume jewelry is a very large market."

How about...

" Beautuful hand made stunning costume jewelry that sells for under $10, is a very wide and engaging marketplace" 

BETTER ???

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bronx-dog

Just for the record, I'm old as dirt, don't scare at all, and I have learned many things from all of the conversations that have come to this community. Most of the time I just read the conversations and take notes. But if you were to ask me, I would respond if I'm on line at the time. So keep up the good work and maybe others will see the value that is offered here.

Please use plain text.
bronx-dog
Community Member

in reply to komokwa

Komo, have you taken attendance around here lately...

we've got more missing regulars, than those still here.

All I'm saying is if we scare off every new poster, even

if they have issues, we will be talking to each other in

no time.

We need some new blood around this place, it may be

the only thing that prevents the Pt Board from being

assimilated into some other Board, if eBay does decide

to consolodate the number of boards, as they have hinted.

Just my 2 cents.

photo z110525944.png
Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to bronx-dog

Geeze, I didn't know caffine & I constitute a ' group' !

BD...why must you insist that someone who does not want to stick around.....stick around.

Clearly they have old simmering issues of being bullied when they were much younger that cloud their ability to hear the truth now that they are much older.

Please use plain text.
bronx-dog
Community Member

in reply to demarl2

demarl2 wrote:

I will not be visiting this forum again.

Hi demarl2, in my opinion that would be your loss.
Some here are blunt, but if you read between the

the rough edges, you will find the information they

provide can be very helpful.

Stick around, ask questions, take the advice you

receive and use what works for you.

Hope to see you again.

photo z110525944.png
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to komokwa

Not thin skinned at all, I just think if someone asks a question about a new feature, they shouldn't be insulted. I was polite in my reply. I guess I must have better things to do in life than hurl insults at people from behind a computer. I will not be visiting this forum again. It seems to me that you guys have a kind of bully group of people and if you don't regularly contribute or belong to this group, you just get insulted. Kind of like high school. That was way too many years ago for me and I didn't like it then and don't tolerate it now.

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to demarl2

A little thin skinned , are we darlin ?

Please use plain text.