cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad (Really None) store communication!!

I was trying to purchase a item from a seller on ebay (The Mark Newson AirMax Day Airmax Vapor) since last month. I am new to ebay and the whole set up and of course I did hesitate to just order with out asking a few questions. The product I wanted to buy I asked the seller Twice about the product. Simple questions. Where did the stock come from as it was sold out everywhere. And if they delivered to Europe as I was not in the U.S. at the time and how much and since I was close to Rotterdam if I could pick it up.

As I stated I emailed TWICE!! and now the item is sold out and as I have waited on them I cannot find my size anywhere in the shoe. I am not sure why I did not get a reply email to my simple questions but I really have to say that was VERY Rude and Disrepectful for them not to reply. I cannot offer feed back on the site so i came to this fourm to voice my displeasure. Why ebay will not allow feed back if you have not brought something is crazy. It should not be limited to that and cover all interaction!!

Thanks for NOTHING for making it so I missed out on this shoe that I have searched for for a Long time. If anyone knows where I can grab a 11 or 11/5 let me know I would appricate it!!

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Bad (Really None) store communication!!

@trueshoeconnosuier1 wrote:

@deep-garnet-red Where the supplier gets its product is not any of the buyers business? Are you serious!! It sure is my BUSINESS as I am any other buyer wants to know how legit it is for the prices some of these products cost I have questions and if you are legit you should have no problem with the answers. Period. What you said makes no sense at all!!

Of course I'm serious. My business is to sell items, not point you in the direction of where you can buy them for cheaper. If that makes you think I'm not legit...well then I have dodged a problem customer. It would make sense if you were a seller or had a business.

Message 31 of 49
latest reply

@deep-garnet-red wrote:

@trueshoeconnosuier1 wrote:

@deep-garnet-red Where the supplier gets its product is not any of the buyers business? Are you serious!! It sure is my BUSINESS as I am any other buyer wants to know how legit it is for the prices some of these products cost I have questions and if you are legit you should have no problem with the answers. Period. What you said makes no sense at all!!

Of course I'm serious. My business is to sell items, not point you in the direction of where you can buy them for cheaper. If that makes you think I'm not legit...well then I have dodged a problem customer. It would make sense if you were a seller or had a business.

@trueshoeconnosuier1 

I will explain this to you one last time.  IT.... IS.... NOT.... YOUR.... BUSINESS.... WHERE.... ANY.... SELLER.... GETS.... THEIR.... MERCHANDISE.  AS.... LONG.... AS.... IT.... IS.... AUTHENTIC.... AND.... NOT.... STOLEN.... IT.... CAN.... BE....SOLD.... HERE.  IF.... YOU.... WANT.... TO.... BE.... SURE.... IT.... IS.... REPUTABLE.... BUY.... IT.... FROM.... A BRICK-AND-MORTAR.... STORE.... OR,.... THEIR....WEBSITE.  THAT....IS....THE....ONLY....WAY....FOR....YOU....TO....KNOW.  DO....YOUR....OWN....RESEARCH....ON....SOURCING....ITEMS. I....MADE....SURE....TO....TYPE....IT....THIS....WAY....SO....THAT....EACH....WORD....HAS...TIME....TO....SINK....IN....AND....CAN....BE....CLEARLY....SEEN.

Message 32 of 49
latest reply

"The seller ended the listing early and I tend to agree with others that it's likely because of your question. "

So, you're saying the item may not have been legitimate and the buyer's question spooked the seller into taking down a possible counterfeit item?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 33 of 49
latest reply

Why wouldn't a seller want to reassure a prospective buyer that the item is authentic and comes from a legitimate source?

OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 34 of 49
latest reply

I have purchased over 1K items , and totally understand the original issue this buyer has.  Many listings clearly say, feel free to ask questions, then are defensive when a person is a savvy buyer and asks a question.  Look at it like this, as a seller, I would have nothing to hide if my items are authentic, so there is no need for a seller to become defensive when asked ANY questions in my opinion.  Actually, when I don't get a response or a get a negative attitude in return, it really makes me wonder if I purchase this item, is it the real deal.   If I don't get a response in a timely manner, I move on, because to me it is a pattern of how the transaction can go south if any further issues arise.  

Message 35 of 49
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:
"The seller ended the listing early and I tend to agree with others that it's likely because of your question. "

So, you're saying the item may not have been legitimate and the buyer's question spooked the seller into taking down a possible counterfeit item?

No the seller seems legit.  I'm saying its a seller who may have got spooked thinking that the buyer might have bought and then scammed them later.    Seeming to question authenticity and asking questions that are answered can be red flags to sellers of high end items like that.   Please know I'm not saying the op would have done that but the seller could have been worried about it and took precautions 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 36 of 49
latest reply

"Actually, when I don't get a response or a get a negative attitude in return, it really makes me wonder if I purchase this item, is it the real deal. If I don't get a response in a timely manner, I move on, because to me it is a pattern of how the transaction can go south if any further issues arise. "

Sometimes I'll ask a question just to see how (or if) the seller responds. To me, that can be a huge indication of their credibility.

Message 37 of 49
latest reply

Just an observation from reading the Boards.  It doesn't necessarily mean the seller's product are not legitimate, it is the implication that the buyer has doubt.

It seems that the buyer's doubt will override the seller, even if the item is legitimate.  Thus a seller may just get alarmed at the prospect of having an authentic item questioned, resulting in bad feedback and extra expense for a return.  And so the seller takes steps to avoid that happening.

Even if the seller has proof, they may have a hard process to get that proof accepted.  So they block.

To the OP

@trueshoeconnosuier1

Actually you would have been better to buy them on eBay from that seller, rather than pick them up when you were overseas.  Suppose you needed to return them for some reason when you got back?  I don't know if the seller takes returns on ebay, so that may not have been an option, but if they are not as described, you are protected under the MBG.  

Message 38 of 49
latest reply

@ryanrepairs wrote:

I have purchased over 1K items , and totally understand the original issue this buyer has.  Many listings clearly say, feel free to ask questions, then are defensive when a person is a savvy buyer and asks a question.  Look at it like this, as a seller, I would have nothing to hide if my items are authentic, so there is no need for a seller to become defensive when asked ANY questions in my opinion.  Actually, when I don't get a response or a get a negative attitude in return, it really makes me wonder if I purchase this item, is it the real deal.   If I don't get a response in a timely manner, I move on, because to me it is a pattern of how the transaction can go south if any further issues arise.  

@ryanrepairs

I agree you should have nothing to hide if your items are authentic, however, it is the buyer's perception that they are not is what is important here.  If they claim they are not, it can cause many serious problems for the seller. including financial loss and account difficulties. It may be difficult to get their proof of authenticity accepted, causing problems with their account and possibly selling privileges.  So even if they are absolutely authentic items, seller may react and block as protection.

I agree communication can be an indication of how the transaction will go and can be a deterrent to a sale, while good communication can facilitate one.

Message 39 of 49
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:
Why wouldn't a seller want to reassure a prospective buyer that the item is authentic and comes from a legitimate source?

That would be my exact response: "I assure you this item is authentic"

Buyers are covered by the MBG. It is my experience that buyers who are questioning authenticity are setting up the seller. I recommend to any buyer who thinks an item is not legit to move on.

I used to buy deeply discounted clothing from a certain store.  Why on earth would I reveal that source? I did the leg work to find that source. So a buyer tells you they are going to be in your area and asks you where you got the item they want...and you are going to tell them so they can just go there and get it? 

Message 40 of 49
latest reply

Asking a seller if an item is authentic, and getting a reassuring answer means nothing IMO. A scammer is going to reassure the buyer that their fake is authentic just as much as a legit seller is going to reassure the buyer that their real item is authentic. The only difference is a good seller may be offended by the question, and a scam seller will be laughing at it.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 41 of 49
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Asking a seller if an item is authentic, and getting a reassuring answer means nothing IMO. A scammer is going to reassure the buyer that their fake is authentic just as much as a legit seller is going to reassure the buyer that their real item is authentic. The only difference is a good seller may be offended by the question, and a scam seller will be laughing at it.

@southern*sweet*tea

Absolutely right, if it is fake, can we really expect them to TELL you it's fake?

So the answer may, as you say, not mean anything at all.  

You may only know when you hold the item in your hands; and you may not know definitively even then, depending on your knowledge of the product.

Not that I think the OP wouldn't know, she seems to be very familar with this product so I think she would be able to tell.

Message 42 of 49
latest reply

@kh-missy

Excuse me Miss Kitty. I was a bit confussed about the purpise of the forum and did not mean to bring any kind of negitive disruption to the forum. Thank you for your graciuos replies!!

Message 43 of 49
latest reply

@xgoblazersx

You are right your English was good and I read it quickly and replied quickly without reading what I wrote for the most part. So excuse me on that but as for me going into attack mode no never that as it is not that serious. I just do not like when people who think they know everything and or are pompous & pretenious! So while your English may be good work on your people and communication skills!! 

Message 44 of 49
latest reply

@xgoblazersx

And I will SAY THIS TO ONE LAST TIME.  AS LONG AS IAM SPENDING MY MONEY IT IS MY BUSINESS AND IF I HAVE QUESTIONS I WILL ASK EVERYTIME I FEEL LIKE IT. WHEN YOU PAY FOR MY PURCHASES THEN YOU CAN TELL ME THAT. I DO , DO MY OWN RESEARCH ALSO!! AND DON'T YOU THINK I TRIED A BRICK & MOTAR STORE FIRST?    STAY IN YOUR LANE!!

Message 45 of 49
latest reply