cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad (Really None) store communication!!

I was trying to purchase a item from a seller on ebay (The Mark Newson AirMax Day Airmax Vapor) since last month. I am new to ebay and the whole set up and of course I did hesitate to just order with out asking a few questions. The product I wanted to buy I asked the seller Twice about the product. Simple questions. Where did the stock come from as it was sold out everywhere. And if they delivered to Europe as I was not in the U.S. at the time and how much and since I was close to Rotterdam if I could pick it up.

As I stated I emailed TWICE!! and now the item is sold out and as I have waited on them I cannot find my size anywhere in the shoe. I am not sure why I did not get a reply email to my simple questions but I really have to say that was VERY Rude and Disrepectful for them not to reply. I cannot offer feed back on the site so i came to this fourm to voice my displeasure. Why ebay will not allow feed back if you have not brought something is crazy. It should not be limited to that and cover all interaction!!

Thanks for NOTHING for making it so I missed out on this shoe that I have searched for for a Long time. If anyone knows where I can grab a 11 or 11/5 let me know I would appricate it!!

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bad (Really None) store communication!!

@trueshoeconnosuier1

Welcome to eBay!

I understand your hesitancy and commend you for asking questions.  However, I would consider what I asked. 

I wouldn't ask where the stock came from; that is privileged information as no seller is going to share his source with you.  It also kind of implies that you doubt the authenticity, which is kind of rude and disrespectful.

I would not ask if they delived to Europe as that info is in the listing.  You could ask if you were asking for a special consideration, which most probably would be declined.

I would not ask about pick up unless the seller offered pick up on the listing.  Again, you could ask for a special consideration, which most probably would be declined.

Most of this info that you asked for was most probably in the listing, if not specifically, then by its absence.  If it doesn't say local pick up, there is no local pick up.  If they don't ship internationally, they don't ship internationally.

It could have seemed to the seller that this transaction would be problematic, you are asking for a seller's source (which they don't reveal), you are insinuating the item is fake, you ask if they ship to Europe, which they may not, and if you can pick it up, possibly on a listing that did not have local pick up specified.  Generally if local pick up or international shipping is not listed on the listing, it is not being offered.  That could be why they did not respond.  

Hope this helps.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Naming and shaming isn't allowed here.  Your post will be edited to remove the sellers names once the moderators see it. 

Used er to you could leave feedback without being in a transaction and it was a hot mess of competitors leaving bad feedback and friends boosting each other's feedback.  It's a bad idea.  

Honeslt since the the seller didn't answer not buying from them is likely best.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 2 of 49
latest reply

By the way the item is not sold out.  The seller ended the listing early.  It may get relisted you never know 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 3 of 49
latest reply

@trueshoeconnosuier1,

One thing you have to realize about ebay seller's is that most of them even some of the very high volume ones are only 1-2 person operations, and they cannot be at their computers 24/7. 

Another thing about ebay sellers is they are afraid of (0) feedback buyers, and many block them, because of their lack of knowledge on how eBay works, also because some are scammers.  From the seller's point of view, you are registered in the US, have no ebay experience, and questioned if they would ship to a location in Europe. That is how many scams are perpetrated.

Your other questions about where the shoes came from would be a red flag as well. You're starting out by questioning the authenticity of the shoes, without actually saying that, by asking them about their source. 

Since you were close to Rotterdam at the time, you may have gotten further simply asking for their phone number and/or address, since you were in Europe at the time and close to them.

Judging by the photos in the seller's listings, they are a brick and mortar store using eBay to increase their sales. They probably would have been happy to have you show up in person.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 49
latest reply

Sorry for any confusion the edits may have caused. The edits were to the topic title only. Thanks for your understanding. If you have any questions in regards to the edit, please contact me via private message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- miss.kitty.kat
Community Moderator
Message 5 of 49
latest reply

Where the seller gets their items is not any of the buyers business. That, on top of the confusing situation, would probably have caused me to ignore and block.

Message 6 of 49
latest reply

@trueshoeconnosuier1 wrote:

I was trying to purchase a item from a seller on ebay (The Mark Newson AirMax Day Airmax Vapor) since last month. I am new to ebay and the whole set up and of course I did hesitate to just order with out asking a few questions. The product I wanted to buy I asked the seller Twice about the product. Simple questions. Where did the stock come from as it was sold out everywhere. And if they delivered to Europe as I was not in the U.S. at the time and how much and since I was close to Rotterdam if I could pick it up.

As I stated I emailed TWICE!! and now the item is sold out and as I have waited on them I cannot find my size anywhere in the shoe. I am not sure why I did not get a reply email to my simple questions but I really have to say that was VERY Rude and Disrepectful for them not to reply. I cannot offer feed back on the site so i came to this fourm to voice my displeasure. Why ebay will not allow feed back if you have not brought something is crazy. It should not be limited to that and cover all interaction!!

Thanks for NOTHING for making it so I missed out on this shoe that I have searched for for a Long time. If anyone knows where I can grab a 11 or 11/5 let me know I would appricate it!!

If you asked me where my products came from, you would get this response: "I can assure you I acquire them legally.  They are from many sources".  I wouldn't tell you because you could try and buy out my source of income, or you could be accusing me of something.  I don't know which, and not taking that chance.

Why don't they offer feedback on a transaction that never happened?  You are why this isn't allowed.  Why should you get to neg me, because you didn't give me time to answer, you asked questions that aren't relevant, or you didn't get told what you wanted to hear?  This is absolutely frivolous.  Not to mention, why can't I leave a buyer anything other than a positive?  Maybe I want to neg you for acting this way?  Is that fair to you?

Message 7 of 49
latest reply

@trueshoeconnosuier1

Welcome to eBay!

I understand your hesitancy and commend you for asking questions.  However, I would consider what I asked. 

I wouldn't ask where the stock came from; that is privileged information as no seller is going to share his source with you.  It also kind of implies that you doubt the authenticity, which is kind of rude and disrespectful.

I would not ask if they delived to Europe as that info is in the listing.  You could ask if you were asking for a special consideration, which most probably would be declined.

I would not ask about pick up unless the seller offered pick up on the listing.  Again, you could ask for a special consideration, which most probably would be declined.

Most of this info that you asked for was most probably in the listing, if not specifically, then by its absence.  If it doesn't say local pick up, there is no local pick up.  If they don't ship internationally, they don't ship internationally.

It could have seemed to the seller that this transaction would be problematic, you are asking for a seller's source (which they don't reveal), you are insinuating the item is fake, you ask if they ship to Europe, which they may not, and if you can pick it up, possibly on a listing that did not have local pick up specified.  Generally if local pick up or international shipping is not listed on the listing, it is not being offered.  That could be why they did not respond.  

Hope this helps.  

Message 8 of 49
latest reply

Listing may have been ended intentionally.

A re-list may not happen for awhile.

Message 9 of 49
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@trueshoeconnosuier1,

One thing you have to realize about ebay seller's is that most of them even some of the very high volume ones are only 1-2 person operations, and they cannot be at their computers 24/7. 

Another thing about ebay sellers is they are afraid of (0) feedback buyers, and many block them, because of their lack of knowledge on how eBay works, also because some are scammers.  From the seller's point of view, you are registered in the US, have no ebay experience, and questioned if they would ship to a location in Europe. That is how many scams are perpetrated.

Your other questions about where the shoes came from would be a red flag as well. You're starting out by questioning the authenticity of the shoes, without actually saying that, by asking them about their source. 

Since you were close to Rotterdam at the time, you may have gotten further simply asking for their phone number and/or address, since you were in Europe at the time and close to them.

Judging by the photos in the seller's listings, they are a brick and mortar store using eBay to increase their sales. They probably would have been happy to have you show up in person.

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@trueshoeconnosuier1,

@trueshoeconnosuier1

Don't ask for the seller's name and address.  That could seem as if you are attempting an off ebay transaction, which would reflect badly on both you and the seller.  ebay is monitoring all contact and the communication could be flagged as an attempt at an off ebay transaction, something which eBay frowns upon.  Generally shipping info, as to where they ship, is in the listing, and if they do not say local pick up, there is no local pick up.  Since it is thought that this is a store, you could try to google it.

Message 10 of 49
latest reply

@myangelandmyprincessI did name but did not shame. If you are a business and a professional one at that than you should be professional and if you are not you are held accoutable period!!

Message 11 of 49
latest reply

@deep-garnet-red Where the supplier gets its product is not any of the buyers business? Are you serious!! It sure is my BUSINESS as I am any other buyer wants to know how legit it is for the prices some of these products cost I have questions and if you are legit you should have no problem with the answers. Period. What you said makes no sense at all!!

Message 12 of 49
latest reply

@xgoblazersx First I am not sure how scammers work on here and I am sure they work both ways or as you say I could buy out the supplier. But As I did not fully understand your wording I will reply best I can. It was a simple quesiton. I am not sure how it goes in Europe but in the U.S. and to be honest it should not matter where you are. If you are a legit Business than any question should not be a problem long as it protains to the product and nothing personal. I gave them plenty of time to answer also. You are not them so what you would do does not mean anything! And you say I ask questions that are frivolous and not relevant. How is it you can tell me what questions I should and should not ask. I am spending MY Money not yours. So when you start to pay for my Items then you can tell me that!

Message 13 of 49
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories Thanks for the comment. This one is one of the few that makes sense. I can understand what you say but in my opinion if you are a legit business than you have nothing to be insulting about. You would know that people get scammed all the time on site like ebay and that people will ask question especially when items cost in the hundreds. Also Ebay say that the seller shipped to where I was located in Europe and to contact the seller for more info so i did that and again no answer. I could feel insulted also. If they felt there was a problem they should have said it but not saying anything is a insult and not profesional. Customers drive commerce and a company should not have any problem with a customers questions.

True about the stock I could have worded that a bit different but in the same regard they could have send a email saying well we cannot tell you that but our suppliers are legit and products are fully Real or something to that nature. If they have soft skin and feelings get hurt so quick they should get out of that business!

Message 14 of 49
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories Thanks again castle. I appricate your comments as they are helpful. Again I would also add that as I am new and stated this in one of my emails the seller could have explained this to me aslo. True I could have maybe looked it up on ebay but again a prefessional business would have no problem inforing a protential buyer.

Thanks for the welcome and again for the info. I will remember that in the future!!

Message 15 of 49
latest reply