Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Advice for all bidders, especially the newbies

I haven't seen anyone post this in a very long time but it still rings true.... BID LATE, BID ONCE, BID YOUR MAX! Back in the day, I used to see a lot of posts that sniping was unfair, illegal, or that the sniper "stole" the item from another bidder....

Buyer Retracted an offer

I recieved a notice of an offer made on an item. This was followed by a second notice that the buyer had retracted the offer and I could see their reason by clicking on the history link on the item page. I have seached all over and cannot find the my...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Fake tracking numbers getting more common

I'm used to Chinese sellers providing a non-working tracking number on their shipments, but now even U.S. based sellers are doing it. It makes me suspicious that they aren't really based in the U.S. One time I bought an item from a seller clearly "ba...

• 14 replies
  • 11 helpful

Inactive Seller

This was stupid on my part, and I am aware. A few nights ago I saw an auction for an Xbox one and decided to take part in it, thinking it was okay to pay a few days later. I won the auction without a fight from previous bidders, but I was told I had ...

Fake USA sellers from China

So, over a week ago I ordered some replacement video card fans from a seller, their listing says they are in The United States as is the item I purchased. Well that's not true, my paypal transaction log says their name in Chinese and their feedback h...

• 7 replies
  • 2 helpful

How to enable buyers to leave reviews?

Hi guys, I've been selling for a few months, but on eBay, where many people sell the same thing, you need something to stand out from the crowd. I got a message from a buyer that he couldn't leave a review, which kind of shocked me because of how dev...

Resolved! Is this a "NEW way to whitewash feedback on Mega Sellers?

So today I was looking at a few Asian Sellers and noticed this. Is this "new" seems like I have never seen it before? Picture one, New Feedback button, picture 2, new window that opens up. Picture 3 actual feedback.Great way to fool Buyers. Seems the...

Seller wants to cancel but I suspect he wants to relist item for more money.

Ok, so I a few days ago I got a pretty good deal on an item. I immediately paid and heard nothing for 4 days. Now, out of the blue the seller is claiming the item is "out of stock". He's claiming it will be 3 months before he can get more in stock. S...

Buying a item

Does anyone have any bright ideas on contacting a seller, If nothing comes up on contacting the seller i have a couple of questions for them and I can't find anyway to get a hold of them. Tried detials tried other tries their page and contact. But no...

Item Marked Paid But I Don't Think I Paid

I won an auction the other day, but almost immediately after wining the seller sent me a message saying: "Hey this item is no" I have no idea what that is suppose to mean, so I asked what they meant. They replied: "Its stock is over" I still have no ...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

refund

hi. how long i have to waiting for refund? many, they are coming to pay pay account or bank account. thanks

receiving packages covered with tape, 30 minutes opening it & 2 broken finger nails.

Lately I am receiving packages from sellers covered all over with tape. It has taken me up to 30 minutes & 2 broken finger nails to open these packages. The object is not to make it difficult for the buyer to open a package that you ship to the buyer...

Not eligible for eBay Money Back Guarantee?

I haven't received an item I paid for and the seller is not responding to messages. I wanted to check if I could still qualify for the eBay Money Back Guarantee and received the message "your purchase is no longer eligible ...since 30 days have passe...

Boards Wonky Again?

Is it just me or are the threads on the boards running in a loop with the original starting post beginning again as the tread moves on?

Most Marked as Helpful Authors