cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price changed

I had several item in my cart.  When I went to paypal to purchase them every single item had an increase in price.  Why?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Price changed

How long did you have them in your cart?  Unless I'm mistaken, putting an item in your cart doesn't make it unavailable to other potential buyers.  Nor as I understand it, does it keep sellers from editing the listing until you commit to buy it.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Price changed

I had them for about 2 or 3 hours maybe.  There were 5 or 6 items from more than 1 seller and every single price was increased.  One item went from $1.65 to $2.24.  Help!

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Price changed

@glomor11 wrote:

I had them for about 2 or 3 hours maybe.  There were 5 or 6 items from more than 1 seller and every single price was increased.  One item went from $1.65 to $2.24.  Help!

Nothing you can do.  You havent purchased sellers can raise the price.  And sellers aren't even aware of when buyers put items in their cart 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Price changed

Thanks for your help.  I jiust put another item in my cart.  When I went to checkout it was an increased price again.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Price changed

@glomor11 wrote:

Thanks for your help.  I jiust put another item in my cart.  When I went to checkout it was an increased price again.

That's just weird! Maybe stop puting things in your cart and just buy them when you find what you want. Put the items in your watch or wish list instead if you want to keep track.

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Price changed

Possibly there was  a sale that dropped off and prices reverted to a higher cost.  I agree with the previous poster; just use your Watch List to save items you want to purchase.

If you want combined shipping, you can message the seller and ask for a quote if you include your zip code and what items you are interested in. Sometimes the cart can have issues as well.

Hope this helps!

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Price changed

@glomor11 wrote:

It might be one of those famous eBay glitches.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Price changed

Sounds like a currency exchange issue. Are you in the US using US currency buying from US sellers?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Price changed

Good point.  The OP appears to be registered in the US, but we don't know about all the sellers.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Price changed

Hi

Yes, I am in the US and the items are coming from China.  But I have ordered some of these same items before with no problem. 

I now have another question..The letter C is in front the price of some items.  What does that mean?

Thank you all!!

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Price changed

Canada.

Those items are listed on the .ca site and show in Canadian dollars, so the price in US dollars will be different. Usually lower though.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Price changed

I see.  The price says C$0.99 and below it says ($0.73) US.  But in the checkout it says $0.99.  Ok.  I had it.  Even though I don't like the idea, I'm just gonna pay it so I can get what I want.  I'll be more watchful from now on.  Thanksk everybody.  I'm getting am ebay eduation here!!

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Price changed

perhaps they had the items on sale and the sale ended?

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Price changed

No, i checked.  i tried again, and the same thing happened.  But thanks for your concern.  Its just weird or a glitch.  Cant figure it out, but eventurally someone will have an answer for me.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply