cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad (Really None) store communication!!

I was trying to purchase a item from a seller on ebay (The Mark Newson AirMax Day Airmax Vapor) since last month. I am new to ebay and the whole set up and of course I did hesitate to just order with out asking a few questions. The product I wanted to buy I asked the seller Twice about the product. Simple questions. Where did the stock come from as it was sold out everywhere. And if they delivered to Europe as I was not in the U.S. at the time and how much and since I was close to Rotterdam if I could pick it up.

As I stated I emailed TWICE!! and now the item is sold out and as I have waited on them I cannot find my size anywhere in the shoe. I am not sure why I did not get a reply email to my simple questions but I really have to say that was VERY Rude and Disrepectful for them not to reply. I cannot offer feed back on the site so i came to this fourm to voice my displeasure. Why ebay will not allow feed back if you have not brought something is crazy. It should not be limited to that and cover all interaction!!

Thanks for NOTHING for making it so I missed out on this shoe that I have searched for for a Long time. If anyone knows where I can grab a 11 or 11/5 let me know I would appricate it!!

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Bad (Really None) store communication!!

@trueshoeconnosuier1 wrote:

@myangelandmyprincessI did name but did not shame. If you are a business and a professional one at that than you should be professional and if you are not you are held accoutable period!!

You named them and mentioned they had poor communication.  Whether it's true or not doesn't matter   On theses boards its not allowed and is called "naming and shaming".  It's why your title and post were edited to remove the name.  I was simply letting you aware of the rule.  

The seller ended the listing early and I tend to agree with others that it's likely because of your question.  Many sellers don't like being asked who their source is and you asked about if they would ship to you when the listing stated worldwide shipping  so you asked about their source and asked a question that was already answered.  The seller likely got worried and ended the item early.  With expensive items like that the seller is probably really cautious   Just my opinion.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 16 of 49
latest reply

@xgoblazersx First I am not sure how scammers work on here and I am sure they work both ways or as you say I could buy out the supplier. But As I did not fully understand your wording I will reply best I can. It was a simple quesiton. I am not sure how it goes in Europe but in the U.S. and to be honest it should not matter where you are. If you are a legit Business than any question should not be a problem long as it protains to the product and nothing personal. I gave them plenty of time to answer also. You are not them so what you would do does not mean anything! And you say I ask questions that are frivolous and not relevant. How is it you can tell me what questions I should and should not ask. I am spending MY Money not yours. So when you start to pay for my Items then you can tell me that!

@trueshoeconnosuier1

I understand you don't want anyone telling you what questions to ask.  This poster was just trying, as the other posters have been, to explain to you what most likely caused the block that you are upset about since you couldn't buy something you really wanted and is very hard to find.  Suppose another seller listed these and you asked the same questions, with the same result of being blocked.  You wouldn't want that to happen.  While this may seem harsh to you, you are new and unaware of what could have caused this seller to pull the listing.  This knowledge is for your benefit so you don't run into that situation again.  

There are consequences for a seller for what you have asked.  If they give you their source, you could set up competition for them; that is why sellers don't give up sources.  It is a sticky thing to ask because it also implies lack of authenticity.  That can get a seller shut down on ebay, even if the item is legitimate because if the buyer thinks it isn't, eBay goes by what the buyer says, resulting in a process of proof that even if provided may not be accepted.  There goes their business.

You ask for international shipping when that is stated in the listing.  Seller could think there will be other problems if anything else that is directly stated is not read or seen.  Buyer can claim not as described even though it is, seller has to take back the item, and it costs them shipping for something that was as described.  Seller experiences financial loss, and possibility of damage to business through feedback which future buyers will see.

You ask if they can be picked up on a listing that doesn't say local pick up.  eBay takes this seriously as you are trying to take business off ebay.  Seller and possibly you are flagged for a violation.

In addition, any and all of these, can get you blocked by a now very alarmed seller who is trying to protect his business.

Of course being new you didn't know any of this.  I understand.  But I would like to see you find those shoes and successfully purchase them, which is where these posters are coming from.

i understand, though, criticism and instructions can sometimes sting!  But no offense was intended.

If anything, some posters were offended by some of the questions you asked; hence passionate replies.

Good luck to you; now go find those shoes!Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 49
latest reply

@trueshoeconnosuier1

Sorry I said blocked when I should have said, the listing was ended by the seller.

But actually, you may have been blocked as well.

I hope you find what you are looking for again really soon!

Message 18 of 49
latest reply

Amazing how he needs 20 people to explain something, and he's still fighting.  I thought I explained it as simply as possible, but only time will tell if yours actually sticks.

Message 19 of 49
latest reply

@trueshoeconnosuier1

Sorry I just thought of this but there is another thing to consider:

Try to determine if you possibly can if the item in question is authentic by the pictures.

If you can't truly tell by the pictures and this makes you uneasy with the transaction, it may be best to choose to not buy from that listing.  This will help you avoid  a negative experience where you receive something that you really don't want.

There may also be verbage such as authorized dealer of whatever that can help.  Just be sure.

This is just for your protection.  No one wants a problematic transaction, and if the seller is not responding, again, it may be best to forgo the purchase.  

Hope this helps!

Message 20 of 49
latest reply

You may only be able to determine authenticity if the seller takes pictures of the actual item.  Even then, that can be hard, I understand.

Many sellers use stock photos.  That may or may not indicate the authenticity of the item.

A stock photo that is clearly of an authentic item does not guarantee that you will receive an authentic item.

Hope this helps; a lot of info, I know.

Message 21 of 49
latest reply

It is frustrating when you don't get a reply.

But not everyone is a good communicator and these were questions that could cause a seller great concern.  They may not have been comfortable truly explaining that in an email, or even have the time to do so.  

Many times people's reactions to an uncomfortable situation vary.  They may seek to ignore it, not address it, avoid it.  Or they may lash out.  

It seems that in this situation, the seller chose to end the listing.  That can be construed as a kind of answer, although I know that is not a direct answer, doesn't help you, and certainly isn't what you wanted to hear.   I know that your intentions were innocent, but the seller does not know that and their business depends on avoiding potential problems.

Just some thoughts.

Message 22 of 49
latest reply

@xgoblazersx First I did not need anyone to tell me anything. Second maybe if your English was not so broken I would have understood better so work on that first before you try to explain anything to somepne who speaks a langage not yours!! 

Message 23 of 49
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories.  Hello and thanks again for your comments!!

I would reply that first as for the international shipping When I click a lick provided it said by ebay that this seller did provide international shipping and to contact them for details which was also including in my questions. As far as the product question. I think that is bull. I have looked for those shoes on this very site and have seen quite a few of sellers tell not only where they got the product from but one could go and verify it. As I told another member when you are in business Any business you are hand responsibile and accountable for what you sell. If your skin is so thin or you are scared of what you are being asked and you cannot answer those questions then you do not need to be in business !!

It seems to me (except for your and another member) that all the people who replied to my post only make excuses for the company. As a business you are again held accountable not only for the end sale but for the over all customer dealing communication and so forth.  And as sellers on here sometimes have products in the hundreds (if not more) of dollars they should have no problem with a question and if a buyer asked the question the wrong way then the seller should phrase the answer in a way that answers the question but also show the buyer how to ask the question the correct way in the future!

I am not say the company is bad as they had only one negitive review and they spoke directly with that buyer to try and fix the issue even thought it says they don't go that so I took that as a good thing. I am saying that I was not happen at the customer service end and as I am paying my money for a product I expect a degree of professonal service!

Thanks again for you comment as I enjoy reading them as they are intelligent and provide insight into the online buyer arena! Thanks again!

Message 24 of 49
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories

And I am trying to find those shoes!! I REALLY am trying!!   grinning

Message 25 of 49
latest reply

@trueshoeconnosuier1

@mudshark61369

Actuallly you read my mind, trueshoe.  I wanted to say your basic premises, in expecting answers to your emails, is sound as it is only right that a business assist a buyer.  All I, and the other posters, were trying to do is give you a perspective of why and how your questions may have been seen. Some answers were passionate because while your questions were innocent, you are new, they know the damage that a buyer can do to them as sellers.  While they are a business, sellers and buyers are subject to eBay rules and must protect their accounts so they don't lose them.  An unhappy customer can do untold damage.   I'm sorry you had this experience but you can see why this may have happened.

Another poster advised you to have just emailed asking for the name and address.  Again, please don't do that.  Just a reminder that eBay has implemented new software that takes detecting this to a much higher level; eBay takes this to mean a transaction is being taken off ebay, a VERY serious offense for both seller and buyer.  A seller can lose selling privileges for this. 

You had worried about authenticity.  You are protected by the MBG guarantee from not as described items if you get an item that is not authentic.  

Smiley HappyI'm glad you are looking for those shoes!

Message 26 of 49
latest reply

@trueshoeconnosuier1

Absolutely right!   An expensive item may generate questions for the serious and smart buyer.

Thank you for the posting compliments.  I try to see both sides of the equation and relate.  I can understand seller's and buyer's reaction this way, or at least I try to!Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 49
latest reply

@trueshoeconnosuier1

Thanks for clarifying.  

And I apologize.  Your asking about international shipping was taken to be redundant as it was already in the listing.  But it really wasn't since the listing asked you to email with questions.

So that question really wasn't frivolous.

Message 28 of 49
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@trueshoeconnosuier1

Thanks for clarifying.  

And I apologize.  Your asking about international shipping was taken to be redundant as it was already in the listing.  But it really wasn't since the listing asked you to email with questions.

So that question really wasn't frivolous.

Actually the thing saying to email with questions was because of the eBay glitch that had been happening. At least when I originally looked at the listing it didn't show the shipping cost and said shipping worldwide ask the seller for details.   Several listings have been showing that over the last few days.  The seller had the international cost listed in the description. But if the seller didn't know about the glitch asking could have still made them uneasy.  Who knows.  They are someone who sells just these high end sneakers and good feedback so they seem legit.  I think they may have just been spooked by the questions.   And op that's not trying to make excuses its trying to get you to understand why it may have happened.  Just like you are cautious buying the expensive ifem   Sellers are cautious about selling sometimes.  If something happens to make them worry about being scammed pulling a listing will happen.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 29 of 49
latest reply

@xgoblazersx First I did not need anyone to tell me anything. Second maybe if your English was not so broken I would have understood better so work on that first before you try to explain anything to somepne who speaks a langage not yours!! 

My English is broken?  I've lived in the US my whole life and my English is perfectly fine.  It's called writing coherently and addressing each question.  You must be a bot or something because there's no way what I write is soooooooo hard to understand.  

*someone

*language

* was not so broken, <---- insert comma

* that is not yours

Not bad for someone who, "doesn't speak English as a native" huh?  If that's even what you meant because your English was terrible just then.

As for you needing things explained to you, obviously you do because you couldn't understand why someone wouldn't want to tell you where they get their stock, you couldn't understand that you don't HAVE to, by eBay rules, get a response, and you couldn't understand about just leaving something alone, and moving onto another seller.  I explained that simply, and rather nice for me, and you immediately went into attack mode.  Thanks for the laugh, enjoy being.... Like you.

Message 30 of 49
latest reply