Did you mean: 

♥ Playtime ♥

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1 of 9,230
latest reply
9,229 REPLIES 9,229

Re: ♥ Playtime ♥

Barbpicksadress.JPG

this is the bed I worked on.  Was going to part with it and wanted to make improvements on it before selling it.  Now I like it too muchSmiley Very Happy  Removed the fuzzy blanky and the lace headboard, added some other linens, and did more painting on it to cover the clementine labels ha!  Need to photo the improved bed, but you know the deal with the disc problem.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1561 of 9,230
latest reply

I'll have to answer in 3 replies! So much to respond to. 🙂 I LOVE that bed. Very feminine, and comfy looking. Love that you made it. I saw it before as an answer to one of my questions. You posted it when I was looking for a big bed.

I have 2 actual doll beds. One is a fabric toymax one that is just ok. It's old. 🙂 One is a Barbie brand, maybe from 90's hard plastic. Probably went in a house. It looks alright after you pad it up. One bed I just covered a Barbie box with "bedding" and a throw pillow I made from an AG sized pillow, since it's a bed for two. It's a ok size and I realize now I can go into my stash of boxes I've kept and pick out a bigger one. Some of the boxes like for UNICEF Barbie, for example, are a good size.

I understand you wanting to sell it, because the stuff we accumulate takes up room.

I am SO excited for your Kira to arrive. The same one I have- at least the one I use the most. I have 7 of the Kira/Miko sculpt.

One I just got. UNICEF Kira. I took her out of the crushed box but left her attached to her backing, since I don't need to re-dress her. I have 6 others and if I re-dress her, I have to go through the rigmarole of storing the gown. I already have a bunch of gowns in storage and they're space hoggers for this city gal.

I AM accumulating a lot of stuff! I need a better storage system. I have (that I can think of) about 10 chairs, 4 phones, 2 laptops, at least 100 pairs of shoes, tons of little plastic purses, probably 15 brushes, tons of clothes, sigh... And every time I think I get organized, I realize I'm not.

Message 1562 of 9,230
latest reply

I agree with the storage advice you gave me. Maybe I could get some dress forms. Maybe they would display the dresses better. I need another shelf or three. Lol. I relate to wanting to keep stuff out, because you do forget what you have. On my two days off this week, I bed to go through things, tissue paper wrap some stuff, and maybe even go through my box of "nudes." LOL!!!!

The couch is a jewelry box, Shirley! It was bought right after I began collecting. I was so excited.
Message 1563 of 9,230
latest reply

Kira has an 80's look on today! I do dress her everyday after I get dressed. She's my main doll so she gets a bit spoiled with outfit changes. She also comes to work with me nearly every day.

A pic of my first and favorite Steffie

A pic of a new doll, I won't de-box her just yet although I want to. Maybe if I do I'll leave her on the backing. I do want to get at that gorgeous hair (Style Magic Whitney)

This is a set I want to get (table/chairs)

That's awesome that your husband liked my pic!
Message 1564 of 9,230
latest reply

Awesome about Kira; that you dress her every day and take her with you to work.  She is your travel doll then so-to-speak and obviously your favorite.  i am getting this mental picture of you dressing her each day which I think is kinda cool. I did have a favorite doll that I messed with all the time.  She was also my travel doll when I went on trips.  I still like her a lot though.  She is a Teresa doll who's hair changes color with temperature.(to change her back to normal I just toss her in the freezer for a bit)  The little girl who had her cut one of her pony tails that are bilateral on front of head.  So, I just cut the other to match and she looks kind of like a kittySmiley Happy  If I can find a pic of her already on disc will post it. 

Not sure what I will do with my Kira once she arrives.  If i will swap her body(providing I have one to match her skin tone)or leave her on the older style body.  Sometimes I like the older style body because they have bigger 'chests' (if I say the other word, I would probably get bleeped.) Some of the hands on those are rediculous though. I also like the belly button body for the better fit of low-rise jeans and shorter tops.  The more aticulated bods are nice, but the lower legs are too skinny and not that curvaceous.  Anyhoo, will dig through the clothing box to find what looks good on her and go from there.

The bed I posted looks different now with the changes I made.  That pic is before the changes.  I can always put the fluffy blankie back on when Barbie gets chilly this winter.  (I need to dig out her flannel PJ'S)

I have that Steffie and the Whitney too.   Is that Midge's dress?

Kira looks good in fishnets and sweater!

Cool table and chairs.  Chairs are interesting....appears you can cover with fabric?

The gal on the bottom is feeling rather frisky, eh?

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1565 of 9,230
latest reply

fishergirl.JPG

Here is my Teresa.  Just love her!!  I call her 'FisherGirl'.  Found her at a GW store while visiting in Nebraska.  She had on a homemade calico print dress with elbow length sleeves and long skirt...lace trim.  She has very poseable legs, so set her on the arm of my brother's sofa.  Decided to make her a fishing pole so as to appear to be fishing off the river bank.  (Had to make her some undies)  Even my brother thought she was cute and HE is the one who labeled her "FisherGirl".  So everytime went back to NE, would take her along. ( She does fish once in awhile in her solo in the spotlight dress.  She is such a tomboy at heart) Here she is with her fave dollsheart

Message 1566 of 9,230
latest reply

hello folks

came in to enjoy fab photos~

coffee klatchkitch.jpg

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1567 of 9,230
latest reply

Shirley, I love Fisher girl! Awww! She looks good in Solo. She is the 2000 Teresa face, right? Those chopped pigtail remnants are cute and give her character. My Kira's hair being so frizzy and messy kinda gives her character I think. Except her hair was nice when I got her. My doll friend and I boiled her too long. Anyway that's special that your brother named her. A lot of times I think our families "don't get" our hobby. When my DH makes even a tiny positive comment on a doll I just glow:)

It's funny, I got Kira ready last night for work and I didn't bring her today- been feeling down. You ladies always cheer me. Two days off to look forward to are helping, to!

She is frisky, that is my first Steffie (Dream Date PJ) dressed in a Britney Spears doll outfit and I actually was doing a riff off of one of Britney's Rolling Stone covers with that pic.

I agree, I like the larger chests. And I agree with the belly button bodies being better for certain jeans and such- actually- the clothes slide on better over those legs- the Barbie's with the rubber legs- clothes seem to get caught- anyone else have that problem?

Tomorrow I maybe will debox my new Whitney, I don't know. I got a bunch of new thugs last week, I'll try to take pics for you all.

Message 1568 of 9,230
latest reply

Diane love the outfit, I recently acquired it- isn't the purse awesome? (Cool Collecting outfit)
Message 1569 of 9,230
latest reply

I put in a pic of my only Teresa. That was Midge's dress, and here's her other one on the Steffie I rebodied this am, see she looks too skinny- too much aerobics 🙂 I don't know if I shared this Kira pic.
Message 1570 of 9,230
latest reply

Hi Ash and Diane!

Just doing a quick fly-by tonight.  A storm is brewing so think will get off the puter.  I'll be back tomorrow with comments and some chat!

Aww, you missed your Kira today!

Maybe check the 'sold' completed listings for the Whitney doll before you debox?  Just a thought.

Message 1571 of 9,230
latest reply

Steffie looks good in Midge's dress.  Good match I'd say.

Now I know why I call the boy doll Liam.  That IS his real doll nameSmiley Tongue  He is kind of hard to find and pricey when you do.

Well, I am excited!  Kira is to arrive on my doorstep todaySmiley Happy  She has only her bathing suit bottom, but I have the perfect solution to dig out and put on her if have the time and know WHICH container it is in.  The hunt goes on for 'stuff'.

Yes, I have the grip and drag problem putting hose on the rubbery leg dolls too.  Boots; you can powder the feet for that.

I love Teresa dolls.  Have a few left after dragging my feet to part with some.  This rule of having only so many dolls is painful.Smiley Embarassed

---------------------------------

Diane ~  Always enjoy your coffee clatch gals and LOVE the kitchen BTW.

BBL with any other chat to add.

Message 1572 of 9,230
latest reply

Tore that box open like a doll maniac when Kira arrived.  Man, my heart just sank when I saw her though.  She had this faded pink stripes in her hair...not the blue and turquoise as thought.  So, put the doll down and immediately go to the computer to contact person I bought her from.  I am describing the problem but needed to look at the doll one more time.  I go back to look at her and she DOES HAVE THE BLUE AND TURQUOISE hair!!  Did not realize her hair changed colors due to temperature.(like FisherGirl) Thank goodness I looked at the doll again before finishing my email.  I am so happy with her!  The idea of clothing to put on her did not work.  Wrong size.  I did do a body swap though.  Had a my scene body complete with original outfit to that doll.  Like new.  Mattel made good clothing then too.  Kira looks great with her new body(belly button)and new clothes.

Message 1573 of 9,230
latest reply

auntysweetgrp.jpg

Message 1574 of 9,230
latest reply

Yay! She came! That is so exciting. I love that Kira. She is one of my favorites. The only thing I would change is the foil in her hair. Since my Kira gets played with so much, her hair looks awful and the foil hasn't held up well. 😞 I would love to re-root her the same exact way, with a little more of the blue/green hair and no foil. 🙂

I'm glad you realized before the email was sent! I think my Kira had her hair "stuck" on the pink and white for awhile. Then it changed.

I saw on a website that sells doll hair for reroot, that they sell the color change hair.

I am eager to learn how to reroot.
Message 1575 of 9,230
latest reply