Did you mean: 

♥ Playtime ♥

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1 of 9,230
latest reply
9,229 REPLIES 9,229

Re: ♥ Playtime ♥

Minniemouse1.JPG

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1546 of 9,230
latest reply

What a cute Minnie blouse! I forgot to say I love your Summer with the "good girl" t shirt. I actually love t shirts for dolls but they do seem sort of scarce to come by.
Message 1547 of 9,230
latest reply

Kira models her new sweater, made from a sock. Kira and her boyfriend play with their new iphone.
Message 1548 of 9,230
latest reply

hello Playtimers 🙂

my reply text window looks different **tsk** ebay is at it again

brrrr already ~ it's sweater time

BBsw.jpg

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1549 of 9,230
latest reply

Hi Ash and Diane!

"Playtimers"...I like that!  We gotta have our playtime and fun to share with each other! 

Ash ~ I truly do like your Kira!  That is the best sock sweater I think I have seen yet!  Love the colors and it goes so well with Kira!  More nice photos too!  About "Good girl".  I had to go back to look at the photo and can certainly see how it looks like a tee shirt.  It isn't.  It is a very short dress.  I think I have another photo of the doll so you can see it better.  How you been?  Still working those wonky shifts and hours?

Diane ~  I have always liked the white sweater on that doll.  Isn't it a Skipper sweater?  Also like the Francie top on your other Barbie.  Yes, some cold air has finally come, but it is going to warm back up a bit.  For how long, who knows.  I just hope we don't go straight from hot to cold and have a period of gradual cooling.  I like weather where I can dig out my sweaters too.  Love 'em!  When I lived in MN I bought a ton of them!

OK---off to look for the good girl photo.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1550 of 9,230
latest reply

goodgirl&stacie.JPG

Message 1551 of 9,230
latest reply

100_0746.JPG

Message 1552 of 9,230
latest reply

Picture above is corny I know.  At least could have done a scene, but just wanted to take a picture of the faded, beat up Marlo flip Barbie in her halloween sweater.  I think it is one of those sweaters you will find on the little teddy bears.  Also wanted to choose this photo because I want NurseAsh to see what Marlo barbie made her mask out of!!Smiley Very Happy

(don't worry, that Kira was a real mess)

Message 1553 of 9,230
latest reply

Pinupaspirate.JPG

golden pin-up girl barbie is now a Pirate

Message 1554 of 9,230
latest reply

Shirley! I totally screeched when I saw that photo, but it's one of my favorites of yours! I love it! Very expressive and creative- and a little dark! I love that. Also, I love that sweater- I hope to find some this year. I really love t shirts, sweatshirts, and sweaters for Barbie. I'm not a gown girl. Although I have quite a few, I'm a tomboy and I feel that translates into my dolls. It's sort of a shame because I have a vintage (1964?) wedding gown by Mattel. I should put it on a repro and protect it in a glass case. I'll try to get a photo of it in here this week. Same with my Little Theatre costumes. I don't want them to get ruined, but displaying them on a doll long term is bad, right?

Right now I am working 6 days a week with my kids (patients) of which I have two- a disabled 12 year old and a paralyzed 18 year old. My babies! I have one day off. Extra hours will help me and Mr. get ahead, though....

Diane, I so love your sweater ladies:)

I feel like lately it's the three of us in here, I don't mind though. So love you ladies!
Message 1555 of 9,230
latest reply

Shirley, I love your bathtub. Currently looking for one, as I'm building a bathroom for Kira and Pierre. They have a dressing room suite, a bedroom with small sitting area, a living room, and a dining room.
Message 1556 of 9,230
latest reply

A new Kira I got for $5 from a C list seller. Commissioned in 1992 by Franklin Lim Liao, entitled "Bali Blossom." Anyone ever heard of him? Google didn't being up anything; maybe he's out of the biz. His business card said he lived in SF, but 1992 was quite a bit ago.

Pierre says to Kira: "Wanna have everyone over again?"

Pierre and Kira's small sitting area in their bedroom.

Micah takes the BART. (Bay Area Rapid Transit) wearing Asha's top.
Message 1557 of 9,230
latest reply

Ash, somehow I knew you would like the 'Kira Mask' after the initial gasp.

First off,  your new Kira is just so beautiful!!  And what a bargain on top of it.  The headdress is striking, but I love the whole thing.  Can't you see her running a Chinese tea room or something along those lines?  Are you going to keep her as she is or body swap?  I would be tempted to keep her as she is until find out more about the guy who created her. 

Love the B&W photo of Pierre and Kira when he asks about having everyone over again.  She is giving him this look of, "surely you jest".  I always want to call her boyfriend 'Liam' for some reason.

Micah is so pretty always, but she looks super in her borrowed top and jeans.  From your photos, it is easy to get into the story of what is taking place.  How she has to get around in the city to go to friend's apartment for a get together she can't wait to get to.  Cool. 

Also wanted to tell you that DH came in and saw the photo of Pierre and Kira with the new phone.  "hey! that is pretty cute!" 

I love the way you have their 'apartment' set up.  Very natural.

Message 1558 of 9,230
latest reply

Neat couch too!  Wanted to tell you that first time I saw it in one of your photos.  you are getting a lot of accessories (little things) that make a scene.  Collecting dolls or having dolls is more than just having the dolls.  There is the clothing, the furniture, and lots of 'stuff'.  It takes more room and organizing than what one thinks.  I see so many items I would love to get and sometimes feel as though it would be more fun to have fewer dolls and more accessories.  Fewer dolls to play with and pay attention to=more fun. 

You were asking about leaving vintage clothing on display for a long period of time.  I have a few dolls who have been out for a while and they are in vintage clothing.  I keep thinking I do need to get the clothes off and put them away.  They do collect dust and are exposed to light and I suppose a certain amount of the elements even though they are in your house.  Short periods don't hurt though as you have to enjoy your things too.  Again, caring for dolls is better when you have FEWER of them.  On the other hand, I have seen some large collections with dolls OUT and wearing their original outfits.  I know these dolls have probably been on display like that for several years at least.  There also is always the question on the best way to store the items and there is a lot of advice out there on that; varying degrees again of purist to "well it is put away".Smiley Tongue

Last thing:  YOU have been an influence on me.  I just bought a Kira last night.  Color Splash Kira with the 2 tone blue streaks and tinsel hair!!Smiley Happy  And here I thought I could cut downSmiley LOL

Also, a couple of weeks ago, was able to buy a boxed set of furniture for the My Scene dolls?  Got it for $3.00!!!  I have not photographed it because I am still having trouble with burning  photos to a disc.  I was pretty excited about that purchase!  Neat stuff!  Some I did not keep and sorted it out for the consignment shop to sell.  Worked more on a bed too and looks much improved.

The bathtub you like, I do believe I found that at a fleamarket.  You just have to keep your eyes open when you go to places like that if you can.

And yes, I enjoy the three of us over here tooheart

Goodnight and happy doll "playtime".   Glad you love your work too!

Thanks Diane for this thread!

Message 1559 of 9,230
latest reply

backgammon.JPG

photo of 2 photos.  The little backgammon set was so cute!  had to have it for the dolls.  The denim skirt on Syd was made from a pair of jeans using the seam as the front of skirt; adding tiny gold beads for buttons.  Went though a streak where did a LOT of sewing and 'stuff'.

Message 1560 of 9,230
latest reply