cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay stole my money

Well, this is a good forum that is new to me.  Ebay is going downhill so fast.  I'm done with blaming the economy and will blame at least as much on Americans, but ebay is reallysucking by their overzealous catering of buyers, now I'm out $130 AND the item!

I sent a camera part to Japan because I've had success smelling out rats and shipping overseas.  It came back, in pieces and a complaint about 'item not as described' - WTF?  They disassembled it.  So, then I'm sitting n a destroyed $100 item.  Ebay goes and refunds their complete money order, including overseas shipping.  I've complained over and over and just get standard replies.

I WARN ALL PART-TIME SELLERS.   Ebay is not looking out for you.  I trust no buyers or ebay or Paypal now and will only sell junk I don't care about or has no complexity (ability to be wrecked or dismantled).

Message 1 of 91
latest reply
90 REPLIES 90

Re: Ebay stole my money

altruisticsales
Enthusiast

The same thing just happened to me, ebay assisted a person in steeling my money and ripping me off. I don't have the money or my laptop because I shipped to an address the buyer requested in an ebay email message! However because the item didn't go to the exact address on the invoice I'm out the money and my laptop, ebay owes me $500. I will NEVER use them again!! Beware of using ebay, don't sell anything here unless you want to be ripped off.

Message 16 of 91
latest reply

More a case of Beware of not protecting yourself

and selling without understanding the basics. You

should only ship to the address specified on the

account. You should also, seriously reconsider your

'No Returns' policy.

eBay didn't assist a deadbeat in stealing your money...

you did.

Message 17 of 91
latest reply

How about this. Buyer recived the item but did not like it, so he open the case with ebay. Then he send an empty box which I refused , but ebay still refund his money. I have no chance to complain or explain my situation to them . They only listen to buyer side. lost $100. The refund the price for buyer but still keeping paypal and ebay fees. ripoff

Message 18 of 91
latest reply

Did you appeal?> http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/appeals.html

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 19 of 91
latest reply

Wow...when did this turn into the Buyer Central board?Smiley Happy

@multimedea_media wrote:

Wow...when did this turn into the Buyer Central board?Smiley Happy

It's not, as a rule we take them, as they come.

The good, the bad and the ugly. That is what

makes the PT Board unique amongst others.

photo smile.gif

Message 21 of 91
latest reply

And boy, do we ever get the U-G-L-Y!!! 

Message 22 of 91
latest reply

Yeeah, ebay stoll my money as well. Thetydone everything so clever and by the end of the day, the seller is removed by ebay, I haven't received my item from China and I will never receive it + I am out of my money. Thanks ebay, for your "money back guaranteed". I tried to contact you, but it is impossible. Hopefully I will never buy any single item from you. And hopefully you will be judged for that. 🙂

Message 23 of 91
latest reply

To the post above this. first of all you should have opened a Pay Pal claim within 45 days. Pay pal will refund you if the seller can not give a valid tracking number that you recived your item. secound Don't buy from china there are alot of China sellers that open ebay accouns ship well for a month or two then they sell a ton of stuff and never ship grab the money and run. never ever on ebay pay with anything but Pay Pal you can even use you visa card with pay pal.

Message 24 of 91
latest reply

@eliteautomobile wrote:

To the post above this. first of all you should have opened a Pay Pal claim within 45 days. Pay pal will refund you if the seller can not give a valid tracking number that you recived your item. secound Don't buy from china there are alot of China sellers that open ebay accouns ship well for a month or two then they sell a ton of stuff and never ship grab the money and run. never ever on ebay pay with anything but Pay Pal you can even use you visa card with pay pal.

Actually, there are a lot of reputable sellers from China, but you have to do your homework, you can't/shouldn't just buy from anyone.  Remember, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.  Also, I would not buy from a seller located in China unless they have been around eBay for a long while. 

Message 25 of 91
latest reply

@cowabungamusic wrote:

@eliteautomobile wrote:

Actually, there are a lot of reputable sellers from China, but you have to do your homework, you can't/shouldn't just buy from anyone.  Remember, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.  Also, I would not buy from a seller located in China unless they have been around eBay for a long while. 

Also, people have really got to stop throwing around that '45 days to open a case' number. The policy has changed! It's now 30 days from the last/estimated delivery date. So, if you made an international purchase, you could have a lot of wiggle room to open a case. But, if it was a domestic purchase that shipped to you pretty quickly, it could easily be way less than 45 days.

@bronx-dog wrote:

More a case of Beware of not protecting yourself

and selling without understanding the basics. You

should only ship to the address specified on the

account. You should also, seriously reconsider your

'No Returns' policy.

eBay didn't assist a deadbeat in stealing your money...

you did.

I can totally appreciate this post.

Message 27 of 91
latest reply

Top100

You don't even know the ebay policy. I returned  item  to the "address specified on the account" , Ebay Res. explain to me that was not the address to return it to. You return the item  to address that the Ebay Resolution department  tells you. Never return items without opening  a case against  the seller!

The seller has my money $730.00 , Has the product to sell again , seller admits in Ebay e-mail/message items was returned to him ,  Ebay Res. departmemt  voted in seller behalf because I shiped it to the " account address" and not the one Ebay Res. told me to. Then to cover it up, they remove my feed back. My feed remarks where in complacency with ebay's printed rules.

It short what ebay supports

seller keeps item. seller keeps your money, and doesn't allow for honest feedback. 

Blocking feedback by ebay makes the whole understand of ebay bad. 

"Recently, you opened an eBay Buyer Protection case for ****. We also received the feedback you left for the transaction, but it's been removed from the seller's feedback profile because of a recent decision on the eBay Buyer Protection case"

Believe it ebay can do it to you!

Message 28 of 91
latest reply

I always get a chuckle from "ebay/paypal stole my money" threads.....they almost always boil down to "no returns".

Folks need to learn the difference between "giving" money away, and "stealing" money.

Best advice to be given is to stop here and read BEFORE selling, instead of after.

Honda has a quite good thread about returns that has been here since the beginning of time.

Message 29 of 91
latest reply

Never return items without opening  a case against  the seller!

Why would you even consider returning such a high value item without the assurance that you'd get your refund ?

GEEZE LOUISE........that's what Buyer Protection is all about !!

Well that's a lesson learned the hard way !

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 30 of 91
latest reply