eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

people winning bids, not paying or responding

It really gets frustrating how many people will win a bid and then leave you hanging, no payment or even the decency to say I made a mistake or sorry.j
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: people winning bids, not paying or responding

in reply to 1sweetiepie2013

UID "hang time" has recently been decreased to 2 days [was 4 days]... 

What to do when a buyer doesn't pay (unpaid item process)

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

"They don't keep me here 'cause I'm GORGEOUS, they keep me here 'cause I'm SMART"...Judge Judy

Please use plain text.
johnrj1226
Community Member

It is 2013 and personal integrity by some people, certainly not the majority, has gone the way of the "dinosaur" - buyers & sellers alike.  And there is a whole lot of people that will try to get something for nothing.

I made a living by selling for 41 years and have seen this trend increase.   On eBay you can report a buyer  or seller - they get too many strikes eBay can set them on the bench.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

HI, I am having the same problem i have had 7 people in row not pay, i think ebay needs to do more about it, i have sent alot of emails to ebay about this never get any repsonse back, i think if some win a auction, and doesnt pay e-bay should be able to bill the credit card or there acoount for that amount so the seller can get payed, the winner of the auction is over 18 to bid & should be held responsable of it, it takes time and money to list items, this way this person will think twice about hiting the bid buttom, and waisting the sellers time, i think this would weed out all then non paying bidders, also would benifit ebay.also another think ebay needs to take a look at is the buyer can leave you negetive feedback, but the seller cant, when the buyer hits you with a negetive feedback because he or she cant read , had this happen several times, ebay doesnt give the seller, to leave negetive feedback,  just positive feedback, you can reply back to his /her comment, which no one can see the tiny print from the reply back,below his or her huge negetive comment in big letters,the person who is getting ready to buy from you only see the negetive mark with the big bold letters,the reply back is below in tiny lettering which no one can see, (((there is two sides to a story & people should be able to leave equal comments & feedabck just like the old ebay use.to be))

one  more thing i can t get a striaght answer on i have called ebau about this , ebay  charges  the sellers a percentage of the shipping i dont know how they can do this when i dont get to keep the shipping money , it really hits hard when you have to ship out of the country a large box can cost $85.00 to ship i have to eat this out of my own pocket i think it it is 9 or 10 percent they charge the seller i was told by a ebay representive on the phine i was in shock. i still dont know how they get by with this, when i dont ge to keep the shipping money. i think alot of people are not aware of this. i wasnt. i really like ebay but ther eare somethings that definatily need looked at ,it would make e-bay alot better. this is my own personal opion.

thank you, Jd

Please use plain text.
Community Member

You win the bid, you are committed to purchase that item. Percentage of the winning bid should be paid by the bidder that wants to back out, period. Without accountability you will continue to see these behavior on eBay. 

I have gotten request to back out and they usually give you a lame excuse. I feel eBay needs to do more to change this culture on their site. 

I've put up pictures on my posting and at the end of the posting I insert, "if you have any questions on the item listed, please send me a message. I try to do everything so it is clearly defined. I know pictures don't do justice. 

I feel you 1sweetiepie2013, report the bidder and resolution center will be able to help.

Culture needs to change on eBay and eBay needs to do more. It's glorified craigslist, in my opinion.

For me, I will try this little longer and see if it gets better with eBay.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jaideegirl

I agree 100%, ACCOUNTABILTY.

They need to be charged for inconvience fee to seller.

Please use plain text.
newfierussell2013
Community Member

I think it's outrageous how sellers are getting treated by eBay. It's not because of the buyers either... it's because eBay has enabled buyers to be disrespectful of the whole auction process. I mean come on... aka buyer has no accountabilty at all. Seller can't even give a negitive feedback. That's a joke just in it's self. Not to mention at anytime in 45 days a buyer can claim the item isn't as discribed and get their money back with an option to give a negitive feedback. Good way of renting an item for just the cost of shipping I guess. Total **bleep**. Don't even get me started on the fees. Is it even legal to charge a 10% fee on what a seller charges for shipping and handling?? I don't see eBay offering to help wrap the items or pitching in for gas money.

Think feeBay's motto is to keep the buyers happy so they'll stay and the sellers have no where else to go.

Ebay isn't an auction site any longer for sellers... it's a total **bleep** shoot.

Very sad.

Please use plain text.
itsalesman
Community Member

in reply to newfierussell2013

ITs sad that a good thing like Ebay is being slowly ruined by its own policies. .  

Please use plain text.