cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay unfair to sellers

why does ebay have such distain for its sellers. Up untill 4 weeks ago I was a top rated seller with 100% feedback (1150 transactions) then I made the mistake of selling to low rated buyers (little or now feedback), at which point I recieved 2 neutral and 1 neg feedback, one was for dust in the bottom of a vase, second was not as described shoe size, when detailed measurements were provided, and my favorite was not shipping to a non verified address, all resulted in my calling customer (non) support, at which time I was denied any resolution, now as a result my seller rating was lowered and my funds are pending on paypal. So I removed all of my listings, canceled my current active auctions and will be moving on, I am sorry I wasted 4 years of my time thinking ebay was great, when it is a terrible environment for sellers, and the people who make policy should be terminated. Just type ebay unfair to its sellers in Google and look at the thousands of complaints. I will be making it my mission to trash ebay on every venue possible, and I will be in good company, also paypal is a joke, 4 years of flawless transactions and they put my funds on hold?????????????????????

Message 1 of 260
latest reply
259 REPLIES 259

Re: ebay unfair to sellers

Really it would be nice to pay by check or money order but the truth is ebay has got to see the money transaction in order to prove you paid or prove you did recieve payment. I was on ebay when we did money orders. I never had a problem with it but i am sure there were many problems going with that.  For instance a crooked seller could get a picture of something expensive and say " pay by money order" they get that money order and they are gone out of ebay and your life..lol. Where as now paypal will hold your money for the first 3 months of you selling. You wont get paid till they recieve the item and a little longer. So i agree with you but i also understand ebays side.

Message 136 of 260
latest reply

Am I wrong or is a class action lawsuit called for relating to their payment policy restrictions

--

Absolutely 100% DEAD WRONG

There is NO claim

There is NO case

YOu entered into the contract with Ebay so you could use their website.

Don't like the terms? Walk away but you have NO LAWSUIT

But hey go try to find an attorney to take such a garbage claim --- they will only ask for about $750000 up front in a retainer because (1) litigaating against a deep-pocket corporation is expensive and (2) you are gonna lose and probalby get hit with sanctions by the court for filing a bogus lawsuit.

Gawd I wish the public had never ever ever heard of the phrase "class action".  Every clueless perosn complaining abut something yammers on about a "class action lawsuit"

Message 137 of 260
latest reply

I remember waiting forever for buyer's checks to clear. Some bounced. I remember a lot of the "easy" money orders (Walmart comes to mind) were counterfeit. Luckily I didn't get any upside_down

Class action LS ideas always a good chuckle. How could one win? About payment options? Maybe judge Judy though...

Message 138 of 260
latest reply

E BAY HAS NO TOP SELLERS THEY JUST MAKE IT SOUND GOOD,AND YOU FALL FOR THAT **bleep**,ITS WHO YA KNOW YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT BY KNOW,ALOT OF SELLERS CAN DO AS THEY PLEASE.

Message 139 of 260
latest reply

Ebay is just another super rich corporation with no ethical standards. They don’t care what is right and wrong, only what or who makes them the most money. I have learned this the hard way as I was totally scammed by a criminal “buyer” and they couldn’t have treated me any worse. I found plenty of evidence to show that they support criminal activity as long as the criminal gives them plenty of business. Ready to move on myself. 

Message 140 of 260
latest reply

Ebay is terrible for sellers.  They trust the words of scambuyers

Message 141 of 260
latest reply

Its the excessive fees Ebay charge that are mind blowing - I have litterally lost money on items that had all kinds of fees that I was unaware of.    They offered me a small credit but I never got it then after two months of following up  I was told that it was never approved by management.   Horrible customer service.   Sell on Amazon instead. 

Message 142 of 260
latest reply

0h yea the seller fees are outrageous. You can not make a profit. Sometimes i dread selling just before its time to pay that monthly fee. Hoping they dont buy it because this month bill just took any profit i made. They are charging fees and telling me discounts and still being charged listing fees then final value fees. You would have to have the time to sit down and count every penney when you sale. If you have 1 item to watch? Ok. But if you sell 15 or 20 in a few days its hard to keep track. If ebay is your full time job then maybe. And then on top of that I hear they want to start taxing us sellers.. Lol. So if you arent making a profit now? . Uncle Sam wants to make sure of it!!.

Message 143 of 260
latest reply

It is people like you that have killed our confidence in purchasing from eBay.

Almost every Amazon seller I have purchesed from has ripped me off and I highly doubt that you are and different.

Stay out of eBay it is not the place for swines.

Message 144 of 260
latest reply

I would have to admit i purchased one thing from amazon from the hardware department and i was sent a toy! 1st impressions are everything. I never ordered anything else. I deal in coins ans hands down. Ebay is the place to buy.. May not be profitable to sell? But the best prices are here on ebay. And best selection in coins.

Message 145 of 260
latest reply

I agree sellers get the shaft on eBay sold 4 diecast models it a buyer in Canada, somehow between in shipping or the buyer destroyed them they were sent back to me in pieces the buyer got a full refund and I took the loss.

Message 146 of 260
latest reply

Sorry for your loss 

people take advantage and we sellers risk loosing 

Message 147 of 260
latest reply

I agree 

it’s just a money pit . When I list I jack up the price and leave the stuff sit sometimes for a year or until I sell it somewhere else . 

Sometimes people make me a reasonable offer but usually they lowball... so be sure to place limits in your automatic acceptance. 

Message 148 of 260
latest reply

I always mail insured. It cost and most times lose money but in the end it becomes more of a less stress. In your situation there is no way to prove the P.O. didnt do it.
Message 149 of 260
latest reply

Yea if you can wait a year to sell. Those ebay fees are pounding you until then. Lol. I tell you what has ticked me off lately.. If my auction doesnt sell Ebay will send an email stating that and then in that email they give me a suggestion that if i sale it for $10 or $20 less it might sell??  Are you F%#kin kidding!!. I got a better idea Ebay. Why don't you drop your prices and then i can drop mine?  There really is too much competition to make a profit. Sometimes as in my case you just have to enjoy the hobby. 

Message 150 of 260
latest reply