cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Fees too High .. sellers leaving in droves.

Ebay Final Value Fees are too high. They won't learn till the sales drop and drop. Also, gimmicks not working.. all the games they play with the web pages  ..just irritating.

10% fee on final sales and Shipping Cost! Crazy.

5% fee tacked on by Paypal. Crazy.

Some dumb wing nut will say "Raise your price to cover the fees."

Answer: What happens when you raise price? Nobody will buy it.

So, conclusion is to find somewhere else to sell where they don't "tack on' lots of fees which kill your business.

Message 1 of 178
latest reply
177 REPLIES 177

So true. As a single mom raising an autistic adult daughter full time they make it impossible to really make any kind of profit. Between shipping fees, eBay final value fees on item and shipping and Paypal fees it leaves hardly any profit.

Message 2 of 178
latest reply

A-Men to that .. I am leaving EBAY as soon as I receive my last order .. I will mark them off as **bleep**sville ..

Message 3 of 178
latest reply

I closed my Ebay account after 15 years. I listed an item for sale. It sold but the buyer backed out. Relisted it, sails the item locally so I ended auction. Got an invoice for 331.00. EBay charged me for listing it and charged me for ending the auction early. And charged me for the sale that didn’t happened. Good bye eBay. I’ll stay with Craigslist and Facebook marketplace. 

Message 4 of 178
latest reply

Oh there are so many fees it’s insane people still use this to seek.  After I end my auctions this week I’m closing my account with eBay.  They are always changing things and adding in fees you didn’t even know existed.  Offering 50 free listing fees and they charge you listing fees for everything you’ve listed.  Which, for me, was under 50 auctions.  They are sneaky.  I say good riddance and dump any stock you may have because this Company has been screwing people around Goff are too long.  Also, has anybody been able to talk to a Live person to Get any answers ?!!

Message 5 of 178
latest reply

I hope you didn’t pay the $331.00!!!
Message 6 of 178
latest reply

ok i wasnt going to write anything but then i thought...WOW ..

had a few comments to add..

1. TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION IS TYRANNY ..hmm boston tea party anyone! 

2. buy one share of cheap ebay stock and go to the shareholders meeting in san jose if you can and scream there...that should get attention from someone ..invite the press! hmm..do they offer refreshments? might be worth the trip for the bad coffee..

3. write to devin not to the forum..i bet he just hates email by now. the delete key is probably broken by now too.

4. do a stand up routine on ebay and you might get some attention from someone ..at least you will get a few laughs..

5. continue to sent email to customer service. i have been waiting for the search engine to work on my account for more than 8 months. no reply..are they afraid? 

6. if so what are they afraid of?

7. its a search engine platform not a retail store. they need decent software. spend a few bucks on that and maybe things will improve overall. 

8. i could go on but i am starting to not feel like this is funny anymore(not that i did but its time for action..you know..i am sick and tired and not going to take it anymore. talk is cheap..invite the press. invite devin ..to try to sell something. he will fail on this platform.oops thats already happening. 

so sad to have to write this but its true. one share of ebay stock allows you to go to the shareholders meeting. doesnt everyone know that?

Message 7 of 178
latest reply

I became a member in 1999. I listed a Murano glass egg aquarium with 10 beautiful fish swimming around a blue coral covered in gold it weighed 5lbs. I had a charge of 19.95 for shipping so it could be packed well. It sold for .99 cents. eBay charged me $13.99 good bye eBay.

Message 8 of 178
latest reply

After mistakenly putting a listing on thinking it was "max 1 pound seller fee" and removing it within seconds when i saw the fee would be over 20 quid plus final value fee and paypal fee ( item was about 500 pound) , i received invoice even though i said i removed it in seconds. They wont get the money off me. Keep chasing ebay .....you wont get it. When i sold a 18 quid item i ended up with 12 quid ....a 70 quid item gave me 59 profit. Not worth it ebay so Goodbye and keep chasing you wont get it 🤣

Message 9 of 178
latest reply

Just listed and sold my first item in ages.  Cost was $115 plus shipping for large package for a total of $205.  Just got and invoice for $20 and change- how flippin insane is Ebay.  Between what I got charged by PayPal, paid for the shipping and now this crazy bill from Ebay it was hardly even worthwhile.   This was the first time I sold on here in a long time and is the last time I will in the future.  They must be out of their minds- 10%, it was high enough when it was 5.   It's hardly worth while to buy on here anymore, let alone sell anything.

Message 10 of 178
latest reply

honestly I was shocked how much I sold and I wound up paying more money . It isn't worth listing stuff by the time u list it take pictures

Message 11 of 178
latest reply

You have to get your product for free to make a profit on ebay. I have a product i can get for  $200.  i can sell for $250 on ebay After shipping i lose $3.not even counting my time and packaging materials plus ride to post office.  ebay will be gone soon like sears ,kmart ,andtoysrus. now they have a sales tax. stick a fork in ebay

Message 12 of 178
latest reply

Same here, long time member, rare seller. Not bad if you are a buyer, but selling stuff is another matter entirely. GREAT deal for these eBay folks, BAD deal for sellers. Move on.
Message 13 of 178
latest reply

The sales I made this month vs. the $186.00 seller fee invoice I just received is just not worth it. The seller fees are just too high. I’m an individual cleaning out my closet, not a store. Your better off selling on Market Place. I listed 5 items on Market Place and sold everything in one day. No shipping or fees.
Message 14 of 178
latest reply

I definitely agree. There's a few other sellers that sell what I sell so I need to price my items competitively. Made quite a few sales my first month selling on here, so I was pretty excited. Then I got hit with the FVF and all the profit I made I literally had to pay back. Not sure what the point of selling on here is. I ran around all month mailing packages just to give all my profit back at the end. Definitely done selling on ebay and will open my own site to start selling 

Message 15 of 178
latest reply