cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay unfair to sellers

why does ebay have such distain for its sellers. Up untill 4 weeks ago I was a top rated seller with 100% feedback (1150 transactions) then I made the mistake of selling to low rated buyers (little or now feedback), at which point I recieved 2 neutral and 1 neg feedback, one was for dust in the bottom of a vase, second was not as described shoe size, when detailed measurements were provided, and my favorite was not shipping to a non verified address, all resulted in my calling customer (non) support, at which time I was denied any resolution, now as a result my seller rating was lowered and my funds are pending on paypal. So I removed all of my listings, canceled my current active auctions and will be moving on, I am sorry I wasted 4 years of my time thinking ebay was great, when it is a terrible environment for sellers, and the people who make policy should be terminated. Just type ebay unfair to its sellers in Google and look at the thousands of complaints. I will be making it my mission to trash ebay on every venue possible, and I will be in good company, also paypal is a joke, 4 years of flawless transactions and they put my funds on hold?????????????????????

Message 1 of 260
latest reply
259 REPLIES 259

ebay unfair to sellers

they have all new sellers a hold on their funds until they hit a certain feedback with their buyers.  i don't know if it is ebay that has set that one up becasue i have sold other items through paypal and i received that money fast.  i think that is ebay's doings.  i know alot of sellers that will not sell to those who are not verified and do not have at least 10 pos ratings, but if nobody wants to sell to newbies how do they get pos ratings to begin their account?

Message 2 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

they have all new sellers a hold on their funds until they hit a certain feedback with their buyers.  i don't know if it is ebay that has set that one up becasue i have sold other items through paypal and i received that money fast.  i think that is ebay's doings.  i know alot of sellers that will not sell to those who are not verified and do not have at least 10 pos ratings, but if nobody wants to sell to newbies how do they get pos ratings to begin their account?  also people need not be soooo stupid & nit picky, have you ever bought something from walmart & it had dust on it?  i have. STUPID people in this world...

Message 3 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

i lost my top rated seller status because i was unable to ship a few items within 24 hours. terribly sorry, but this is a hobby for me...not a full time job. some of us have families and lives that come BEFORE ebay.

Message 4 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

I know how you feel i had one buyer who requested to send an open item back which i can't sell it anymore since it was open and my description states no returns and she knew 100% what she bought so she opened dispute and it went to her favor which is bs ebay has unfair judges who always and always will be on buyer side no matter what. So from now on i'm out of this unfair ebay customer service deal

Seller pays final value fees plus pay-pal charge fees and you as a seller get treated like a trash

sorry ebay but you will loose a lot of sellers with this unfair decisions 

Now Ebay only good for buying for me

Message 5 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

Yes, the exact same thing happened to me.  I didn't realize they could pull that top rated discount from under you just like that with no warning.  20% is a big chunk of money for most of us.  I don't mind so much that they took away my top seller rating, but taking away the discount is brutal and really does make one question whether this is really worth it with the inflated fees they charge. I wish there were an alternative to Ebay that had as much traffic.

Message 6 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

my mom has a case where a woman who has placed multiple requests for refunds due to damage did it to her also. mom told her the insurance process takes up to 3 weeks. she sent mom numerous nasty emails complaining that everyone sends her broken items. she didn't return the item, nor did she send pictures. but mom filed the insurance claim and hasn't heard back yet. it has only been 7 days. the buyer went ahead and made a claim against her through ebay/paypal and now ALL the money for the transaction is frozen. another problem with this is, the woman bought more than one item but ebay froze the entire shipping fee. mom still can't get the woman to return it or send pictures but you know ebay is gonna give her every penny she wants. this buyer is a scam artist and is using fraud to get insurance money and ebay is helping her.

Message 7 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

I agree with "Ebay unfair to its sellers" I am actually typing this after just learning that Ebay once again just ruled in favor of a very dishonest "New" ebay buyer.  The lady stated that the shoes I sold her were in such bad condition that she could never wear them in public and that I somehow "modified" my photos???What? I assumed that this lady was just crazy due to the fact the shoes were wore one time by daughter to school..She demanded a full refund, after my description clearly stated "No Refunds or Returns" I agreed to refund her if she would stop harassing me via ebay message...she said she would send them asap.....10 days later I never received the shoes, so I sent her one last message stating that after this much time has passed that she would not be getting a refund...4 more days passed and the shoes showed up in the mail, I offered to send them back, at her expense, she opened a case against me, I followed all procedures requested of me and she won the case....Incredible!!! I have to agree that no matter what you do or how many happy customers you have Ebay will always favor on the side of the buyer...and screw over the ones who keep this whole thing going....Think twice before NOT giving the crazy, thief, lying customer their way....Ebay will side with them...     

Message 8 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

I agree with "Ebay unfair to its sellers" I am actually typing this after just learning that Ebay once again just ruled in favor of a very dishonest "New" ebay buyer.  The lady stated that the shoes I sold her were in such bad condition that she could never wear them in public and that I somehow "modified" my photos???What? I assumed that this lady was just crazy due to the fact the shoes were wore one time by daughter to school..She demanded a full refund, after my description clearly stated "No Refunds or Returns" I agreed to refund her if she would stop harassing me via ebay message...she said she would send them asap.....10 days later I never received the shoes, so I sent her one last message stating that after this much time has passed that she would not be getting a refund...4 more days passed and the shoes showed up in the mail, I offered to send them back, at her expense, she opened a case against me, I followed all procedures requested of me and she won the case....Incredible!!! I have to agree that no matter what you do or how many happy customers you have Ebay will always favor on the side of the buyer...and screw over the ones who keep this whole thing going....Think twice before NOT giving the crazy, thief, lying customer their way....Ebay will side with them...     

1. That is one strong accusation, have you reported the buyer for misuse of buyer protection so Ebay can investigate the buyer? But at a first glimpse the buyer doesn't seem to get dissatisfied easily from the rare amount of negatives that she left (compared to buying amount), what did she say in messages?

2. It's a fact that Paypal payments give buyers strong enough protection to bypass unreasonable terms made by sellers such as 'no returns' and 'no refunds', in other words Paypal shuns seller policies, not received? INR, not how you preceived? SNAD, as long as buyer wins and follows Paypal instructions, they couldn't care less about your policy of not giving refunds on buyer purchases.

3. You have no say in whether you have to refund or not, only Paypal does. Buyer protection lasts up to 45 days from time of payment, and that's ONLY the time that buyer have to open the case, pretty sure Paypal will give buyer time to return the item even if buyer files it on the last day (and wins).

4. Sellers who get their way usually don't bother with telling the world on the forum, giving a misconception that Ebay is out to screw sellers, truth is Ebay tracks down buyer protection misuse and you'll rarely hear news of buyers getting banned by Ebay.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 9 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

olympia.gr
Enthusiast

The rules have to change.

If you are a buyer you have many benefits to use it. If you are a cheater buyer...you have more benefits. But if you are seller... you can lose your money or/and your items very often. The ebay protection is fair only for the buyers. A seller can not protect by the cheaters. Every seller avoid to ask from a buyer to open a case because this could be affect his reputation. So he prefer to lose his money or/and his stuff. That have to change. Every buyer have to open a case. Every buyer have to be able to open a specific amount of open cases every month. The consume of bay protection have to stop.

All the ebay sellers have to sent messages to ebay to tell them that is enough.
Please copy the previous paragraph and sent a message to ebay. If ebay receive many messages ..thousand messages probably will be act with different way about the ebay protection. Fair rules to Sellers!!!

Message 10 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

EBay is going down, they suspend sellers privileges and expect them to still buy. Wake up, its time another auction company shows Ebay what fair trade is about,

Message 11 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

I've been reading a number of these threads as I am a new seller and I have to say they are mostly sour grapes for the following reasons.

Any business person knows this stuff is going to happen and its a COST not an EMOTIONAL issue. You are all whining and taking it personally.  You shouldn't be in business.

Anyone who has ever worked in sales knows a new company pays ANYTHING to good sales people and lets them do ANYTHING to bring in business.  Once the firm starts getting fat though instead of hanging around the best sales people move on to greener pastures because they KNOW the company will start cutting them back (read all your complaints about Ebay)

Your whining because you can't leave because Ebay provides you with the highest volume in sales so, what are you complaining about?

Why do you expect someone with all the cards to play fair?  Oh, I know because if you had all the cards YOU'D be fair.  :  )

Other online market places will arise and compete with Ebay.  Maybe someday Ebay will be gone (like Alta-Vista?)  In the meantime do what you can to keep yourself out of these situations.  Ask Ebay to be fair, that's reasonable, nothing wrong with asking, then take your losses as a cost of doing business.  

It's the way the world is.

Yours,

Message 12 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

@hobbyglass wrote:

i lost my top rated seller status because i was unable to ship a few items within 24 hours. terribly sorry, but this is a hobby for me...not a full time job. some of us have families and lives that come BEFORE ebay.

That is why you're not a top rated seller anymore, your point?

Message 13 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

At least you got the shoes back. You can always resell them and add her to your block list.

Message 14 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

I agree, business owners have to suck it up.  There's a lady that frequents local thrift stores and changes the tags. They have banned her from the store though she sometimes gets in but they have also notified neighboring thrift stores of her deceitful practices. If anything, these boards can be a service of those to be weary of.

Message 15 of 260
latest reply