cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

I 100% agree!! These rates are crazy and unacceptable!
There at least needs to be an option to include additional fees upon check out when a Buy makes the purchase.
Having the Seller cover this whole burden on the backend is too painful...and because it takes out nearly all profits makes it impossible to sustain a business.
2.9% -4% for Paypal, 10% plus fees for eBay, and the delays in access/transfers of received funds (i.e. negative cashflow)...is nothing short of robbery.
Message 1021 of 1,161
latest reply

I no longer sell on eBay. For awhile I would only buy, but realized I was part of the problem if I still support. So now, I no longer buy as well.

Message 1022 of 1,161
latest reply

Problem is some things don't make it on other websites. Like the one website that does free shipping and video streaming with subscription...if you know what I mean. So some people are forced to buy on ebay if it's something very nieche and rare.

Message 1023 of 1,161
latest reply

Holy **bleep**! I have been buying things on ebay for years. I just sold one thing for $200 dollars. Paypal takes their $6.10 out of that $200, and now Ebay wants me to pay 10 percent of that fictional $200, that I never got, which is $20 dollars. And, to top it all off, the item was local pickup only, so now I have to wait for my money from paypal for 21 day! Even after the buyer said they picked it up and gave me a good rating. The hell with selling anything on ebay.......

Message 1024 of 1,161
latest reply

I just lost 25% of my sales between eBay and PayPal because of their absurdly high fees (before shipping and listing fees). I don't remember it being this bad. Seriously, 25%? What is wrong with them? Why are they so greedy? I sell stuff from time to time and after these few lists I'm done with their service until they fix this. I've traded in video games at stores and lost less value (to be fair, they were pretty awesome stores). Back in 2016 these fees were tolerable. I'd rather sturggle selling obscure things on the local market than support this business any longer.

Message 1025 of 1,161
latest reply

i sell a 79$ item they take 11.20 plus 1.30 = 13.50 then paypal takes 2.70 total so it is costing me over 16.00 to sell a 79$ item that my friends is stupid. that is over 20 percent we are a custom shop and work hard to build our products but this is not working AT ALL. i would get more out of advertising on tv and radio.
Message 1026 of 1,161
latest reply

Broooo Yes I can't even feed myself because after Ebay and Paypal fees it comes out to about 14.5% total they taking, smh

Message 1027 of 1,161
latest reply

The discount is NO longer 20%.

It is only 10%.

They just keep changing the rules, so that it near impossible to make a profit.  😞

Message 1028 of 1,161
latest reply

Ebay's fees have become so bloated that it's become a buyer's and a corporate seller's market only,  totally betraying the private seller, who was once their bread-n-butter (and without whom there would be no ebay today!).  Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.  My ebay sales have gone down significantly simply because once I calculate in ebay's bloated fees, I have to charge more for my items than the buyer wants to pay.  Eventually an online market that does not screw over it's buyers will come along and push ebay out.  And the sooner the better!

Message 1029 of 1,161
latest reply

E bay fees are a joke. I am starting to throw things away instead of trying to sell them . I just sold a 100.00 item and the fees were 22.00. Plus there is usually some sort of paypal fee on top of that. I'm fine selling on e bay and I've been using it for 12 -15 years. I hope that e v as y goes out of business. 

Message 1030 of 1,161
latest reply

Yeah because we all know they are hurting so bad with some code that makes a post and then refers the seller to a third party payment site. Gee what platform worth it's weight in dog poo. 

Craigslist - FREE 

Being the middle man  charging average sellers insane amounts on items not worth that much from the get go and siding with the buyer almost everytime one tries to rip you off. Ebay you're becoming one of the internets most hated companies with your greedy **bleep**. I am sure it costs so much to put a post up where the user does 99% of the work so you can screw them in the end.

Such a pathetic rip off business model. 

Message 1031 of 1,161
latest reply

I agree, the fees have gotten too high. It's pushing me to sell using other methods. 

Message 1032 of 1,161
latest reply

No you are not! Not only that, but personally, I am fed up with ebay's ongoin Draconian changes to rules. Now, I can't even see what item a buyer left me feedback for. I have a few items listed now. But when they are sold, I will use ebay for purchases only. There are other auction sites now, such as offerup, etc. ebay doesn't have a monopoly on this anymore.

Message 1033 of 1,161
latest reply

Agree. I am about to not be selling. Maybe a good old fashioned boycott will get their attention

Message 1034 of 1,161
latest reply

I have a ebay shop that costs me over $400 per month, I have 4500 items listed. I have just checked on the sales report that combined Ebay and Paypal fees are between 31% and 38% per month That is now unsustainable. I am all for competition but when China can undercut me and offer free postage I really doubt I can continue at this rate. There is no loyalty to Store customers and regularly offer deals to private customers of low cost FVF. 

Message 1035 of 1,161
latest reply