cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

It appears to me that eBay is doing lots of things to make it hard on their sellers and the final value fees are only one of them!

Message 2 of 1,161
latest reply

you add it to your start up price

Life Is A One Time Offer,
Use It Well.
Message 3 of 1,161
latest reply

To lower your final value fees you need to open a basic Ebay store.

Message 4 of 1,161
latest reply

their is a lot more to just their rises in fee's .its their rules that are also a big problem to get your 20 % discount you have to have one day shipping and that cost is big time to the small seller as it cost me 5.00 just to go to the post office and with  small orders its a loser also all the other cost like PC's ,hight speed internet,repairs ,supply's,lights ect. this place is a loser big time for the small seller and their are so many sellers who can't see they are lossing money .the only one's making money is e-bay and pay pal.my stuff is all gave aways .i have a item that only sells on e-bay so i am stuck until sold out.i will miss e-bay but the fun is gone and so are the my profits .its a lot of work to get paid 0 dollars for my time .

Message 5 of 1,161
latest reply

I've been reselling iPods for the past few months and I've finally realized I'm not making any profits when I received a $60 final value fee just from the six iPods I sold on April.  

It sucks because I spent so much time thoroughly testing the iPods thinking that I might make a small profit on each iPod sold, now I learn that all that hard work was for nothing.  Add up the trips I took to the post office to drop off the packages and I probably ended up losing money!  I guess my little side business of reselling iPods is over.  

Message 6 of 1,161
latest reply

Another issue with the one day shipping, especially for smaller sellers....

lets say you sell tropical plants. You try to arrange shipping so that orders arrive during the week and do not sit over the weekend in a warehouse somewhere. 

Often this means shipping on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday delivery.

If you get an order on Thursday, you aren't going to ship it until Monday. BAM. No one day shipping, no discount, and you are effectively punished for being a responsible seller.

Message 7 of 1,161
latest reply

Hate to say this but if some people have been reading the news latley goverment are taxing all online companies like ebay. So everything will increase.

Message 8 of 1,161
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

To fforce, why does it cost $5.00 just go to post office? I am curious.

Why does eBay charges only 4% for computer, stuffs, while charge 9% for other categories?  I am sure that there are way high % of computers, stuffs being sold all the time, so why not 9% for that categories.  Is there any real reasons for only 4% for computer, stuffs category??  Anyone knew?

Message 9 of 1,161
latest reply

I agree, Im still kinds new to selling and I had already paid a invoice, then a few days later it said I have another that's costs even more, I still don't understand all the charges..

Message 10 of 1,161
latest reply

I don't get the part about charging a fee for postage? I guess I don't really understand any of it. Between PayPal fees, eBay fees, postage fees, and all that, how is someone supposed to sell anything and hope to break even?

Message 11 of 1,161
latest reply

thats a easy one 5.00 may be to little for people who drive 5 miles or more ..its wear and tear on my new car and gas that is a big time cost.had one order for a 8.00 coin with one day shipping i lost money on that one .i have a few more buy it nows in fix prices so if i sell them on diff days it cost me 5.00 every time .i have these on 30 days because it takes a long time to find the right buyer .sold one item that was up for about a year this week.their are many other back end cost to sell but many sellers can't see them.when my stock is gone so am i.at this stage in my life my time is worth a lot more to me .use to sell big lots back in the old days of e-bay as high as 14,000.00 .times have changed e-bay is nolonger is a place to sell for small seller to make money WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE is over here

Message 12 of 1,161
latest reply

I have been selling high quality acoustic guitars. Now that eBay eliminated the reduced fees for items over $1000.00, my final value fees have increased by almost 300% - unbelievable - It's not even worthwhile to sell at this point.

Message 13 of 1,161
latest reply

Just sold some motorcycle parts at very competitive prices, then was whacked about 15% between Final value fees, shipping fees and Paypal fees. Basically, I lost money selling them through E-Bay.

After more then a decade dealing with E-bay, I am done.

Message 14 of 1,161
latest reply

ebay  fees  are  about  twice  what they  should be.. that's the  problem

Message 15 of 1,161
latest reply