Stamp Collectors
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

STAMP SCAM...or not ? Opinions please....

I've been selling stamps on eBay since its existence. Please let me know your opinion on this one. Buyer is in Israel and I can't name because of rules violations. He bought an Israel lot from me for $30+ in August 2019. Never heard anything for a mo...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Odd seller issue - bids cancelled - scam?

Anyone had this experience: i ask ask a seller to confirm it had properly identified a very expensive stamp for sale in an auction listed at $2.99 starting bid. The seller says “I think so”I ask if I can return it after their 14 day policy if I get i...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Stamp postings as "Rare" when obviously they're not

I hope I'm doing this right. Okay, I have tons of stamps & one thing I know is that stamps can be decieving. But I am seeing alot of stamps that really aren't anything special (as you can tell just by the low variety of these stamps). Maybe I'm a knu...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

required items in item description for listings

Who at EBay decided which items are mandatory under item description when one is listing stamps for sale? I list covers. Probably less than 5% of listed covers are certified, and grading is irrelevant. Place of origin?? It's shown in the category! Wh...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Rare George Washington stamps

I recently inherited a small collection and have a couple of stamps that I think may be valuable and want to sell but can't find clear info on. Getting a better idea of their approximate value and their eventual sale is my main goal but any info at a...

What is this Norway item?

Can anyone tell me what this is? I suspect a lottery ticket of some kind. The top and bottom appear to be intended for seperation as there is some kind of roulette perforations.

User avatar by Scout
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Franking of shipments from Sellers

This long time trend of stamp dealers to use discount USA stamps on their sendings to collectors needs to stop. The buyer is paying the postage and then some. They are collectors and need the new stamps from the current year ( you can buy them at the...

• 6 replies
  • 1 helpful

New Illegal Stamps Reference

I have started a new section on the site that images illegal stamps. It is a new concept. Taking a verified UPU Circular and showing every or almost every illegal stamp the circular defines. By imaging the illegal stamps it is the perfect reference f...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 7 replies
  • 2 helpful

Odd problem — scam? seller cancels all bids

Anyone had this experience: I ask ask a seller to confirm it had properly identified a very expensive stamp for sale in an auction listed at $2.99 starting bid. The seller says “I think so”I ask if I can return it after their 14 day policy if I get i...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Stamp replica

I just received a temporary suspension for listing the following:303143226821 - USA Revenue Sc. R37a 10c Power of Attorney 1862-71 canceled I.eBay has declared that this is a stamp replica, which violates their terms.There seems to be no way to chall...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Now I feel threatened!

Ck stamps sent me an email almost demanding me to Change my feedback. Wouldn't you want the truth spoke? I feel threatened now. My feedback spoke all truth. My experience with ck stamps was not good. And when I sent them messages, sometimes no respon...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

CHICAGOPEX (Itasca, IL, USA) Nov. 16-18, 2018

http://chicagopex.org/chicagopexcurrent.html November 16-18, 2018 Westin Chicago Northwest400 Park BlvdItasca, IL 60143 Groups meeting at the show: France and Colonies Philatelic Society, Inc.Society for Czechoslovak Philately, Inc. 1 book signing: N...

2018ChicagopexBourseDiagramBig
Most Marked as Helpful Authors