Stamp Collectors
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

German Stamp Forgeries, et al, ARE BACK!!!

Good comments from experienced dealers & buyers in the posts. But alas, eBay refuses to flag the heaping mounds of FAKES that are meant to defraud the buyer into thinking they're getting a great deal. I'm SO tired of trying to communicate with anyone...

FAKED Cancel.JPG Voiziers Karlsbad FAKE INK 1.jpg Voiziers FAKE INK 2.jpg Voiziers FAKE INK 3.jpg

Guide to Spotting FORGED Overprints Flooding the Market

It is my wish that collectors at all levels will benefit from SEEING HOW forgeries look and how to detect them prior to spending money. This (hopefully) will ensure that the buyer is getting the genuine article & preserve values through time. It's no...

Toner Ink 3.JPG Comparison Front.JPG Rear Comparison.JPG Forged Ovpt over Cancel.jpg

Help with Stamps.... Are these reprints????

Hello, I have come across a private collectors enormous stamp collection and slowly selling it off. Could someone help me with these in the pictures. They look too good to be original are they reprints? Thanks....

unnamed (87).jpg unnamed (88).jpg unnamed (89).jpg unnamed (90).jpg

Help

I just inherited a big box of my grandma's stamp collection with really old stamps from all over the world some were never taken out of their original books and are still sticky some have postmarks others have wax paper protecting them. There are tho...

The selling of Fake Stamps on Ebay

Is it possible for someone controlling Ebay, to maybe make a place, or another "listing category area", specifically made for known fake stamps and replicas? I have noticed an increase in Ebay sellers that are now selling "Phantoms, Cinderellas, Repr...

Stampboards.com and other's opinions of it

I would like to find out if there are others that are members of Stampboards.com and what their opinions are of it. Please be honest as my opinions are absolutely awful and horrendous. The ownwer is rude and totally on an ego trip and uses the site f...

“Destination Country Discrepancy”

Recently, I sent one registered item to Thailand and one to the UK. They came back to me with labels that said the following: “Destination Country Discrepancy” Your package was rejected for export as a discrepancy between the electronic customs manif...

STAMP SCAM...or not ? Opinions please....

I've been selling stamps on eBay since its existence. Please let me know your opinion on this one. Buyer is in Israel and I can't name because of rules violations. He bought an Israel lot from me for $30+ in August 2019. Never heard anything for a mo...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Odd seller issue - bids cancelled - scam?

Anyone had this experience: i ask ask a seller to confirm it had properly identified a very expensive stamp for sale in an auction listed at $2.99 starting bid. The seller says “I think so”I ask if I can return it after their 14 day policy if I get i...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors