cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

required items in item description for listings

Who at EBay decided which items are mandatory under item description when one is listing stamps for sale?  I list covers.  Probably less than 5% of listed covers are certified, and grading is irrelevant.  Place of origin??  It's shown in the category!  Why bother??  Also, who is going to list a stamp with gum as regummed? Do buyers not know how to read descriptions or view images?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hello elkman3,

I think possibly the  reason for requesting place of origin is because of the major illegal stamp problem on eBay. Certain users try to evade detection by not listing them with the country of origin within the titles and descriptions which then cannot be found by experts looking for them to eradicate off the site. One policy that is either ignored or missed by many sellers is the requirement to list stamps (on cover or not) with country of origin in the title and/or in the description.

This mainly effects topical collectors where the user lists them under topical stamp categories. Thanks to a few bad users intent on ripping buyers off, this part of the stamp policy is being enforced more and more. Please Google "Illegal Stamps" to gain much more insight to this major problem in the stamp market.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I list dozens of stamps each week and have done it since eBay has been in existence.  Now all of a sudden I have to check the "uncertified" box for every stamp I list.  Seriously?  99.9% of stamps I list are not, and do not need, to be certified.   Just another annoying time wasting exercise.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply