eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Stamp Collectors

Stamp Insider for March-April 2015

1503.png

The March-April issue of the Stamp Insider, journal of the Federation of New York Philatelic Societies, is online and available for free download in PDF format or viewing online with page turning. It is available in both PDF and HTML5-friendly format at:

http://www.stampinsider.org

In the lead article — “It’s a Frame Up” — contributing editor Steve Swain examines the plethora of collars, frames, borders, and rings that wrapped around postal stationery and framed stamps, that merchants employed to advertise their businesses.

Other articles include “The Great Movie Stamp Prop Mystery” that explores the MGM created cinderella that was used in its 1945 “A Letter for Evie,” one philatelist’s search for covers with New York City postmarks showing postal zone numbers, and part two of “Literature and Stamp Collecting in which John H. Bloor of the Rocky Mountain Philatelic Library cites some of the volumes collectors should have in their personal library.

The featured video is “State Birds & Flowers.” The late Charles Kuralt in a CBS Sunday segment interviews Arthur and Alan Singer who designed the state Bird & Flower stamps issued in 1982. Learn how cartoonist Stan Burdick helped select Rhode Island’s bird on page 72 in this issue.

-30-

Stamp Collectors discussion

Mar 1, 2015 10:18:32 PM PT

Stamp Insider for March-April 2015 Online

Hi everyone. I have a question regarding one of the most difficult-to-identify stamps. Beyond identifying it properly, if I pay $50-$100 for an appraisal and find out it's only a #65, then I have wasted considerable money for little return (I'm sure we've all been there at one time or another).  Anyway, I still might end up doing it, but I was curious about what you fine folks think, and this will determine if I get it appraised or just post it on eBay and let the marketplace determine its value.  Here it goes:  I believe the stamp I own shown in the 2 photographs is Scott #104. It is the same brown red color as the only other #104 I've seen on eBay (which has been officially appraised), and in addition it seems to be on stiff white paper. Here are the attached photos:

Stamp Collectors discussion

Mar 3, 2015 6:39:48 PM PT

An Identification Conundrum

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a read-only topic with new unread messages 0 0
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 0
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 2
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 0
This is a topic with new unread messages 1 1
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 1
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 12 687