cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are you group people? And what's your verdict about THE WORLD SERIES!!

Hello friends, long time no see. I had a hell of a time finding this place again. What do they do, stick you guys in a basement cubicle? Surely there must be a way to advertise or direct folks to this group, instead of to sporting goods, hobbies, toys and paper products. I can't even get into the categtories list via "the community". So I finally have bookmarked this place.

I read some of the posts and see you have some excitement here from time to time,  hahaha. I wanted to say hello to some or all of you. Some names still are familiar, Hello Goldenjet16, Murphy, Savedfrommyspokes, Hello no-plain-white-envelopes! Hello Bestsandy! Howdy Lindycards, Hey Dabigcokeman, Hello Fred! (fyoung17),   What's new Gazebotree2?  And how the heck have you been John? (john4orr) ? And to anyone I missed -- hello!

I'll try to come by more often, but I'm hopelessly ignorant as to what's going on with the new generation of players, teams, cards, except for exciting stuff...(like the brawl last night tween Lakers and the other team, real punches were thrown. Twasn't any little scuffle. Shoving, spitting in the face, pushing hard, right uppercups to the face, team member walking away then turning around and delivering a hard blow OVER the back of another player to get to the intended subject. Wow..they weren't kidding were they? Spitting in a guy's face is pretty darn low, don't even think gang members allow that out on the streets.

Anyway.......my TOPIC or question is: Game 1 of The World Series starts tonight! I'm not rooting for one team over another. But I think Boston is gonna clobber the Dodgers in 6. (though I kinda am rootin for the Dodgers since they have a lot of young guys who've never - and probably WILL NEVER again be in a World Series.

But I love Boston cuz they're sneeky and cheeky, and you just never know what they're up to. Their manager said the team purposely were trying to make the Astros paranoid, and both sides were stealing signs, Boston was giving false or nonsense signs just to screw up the other team's heads and F with the coach.

Opinions, what's gonna happen in this World Series?

(oh, and eBay, don't delete this rambling post because I am putting up some auctions and you may want to wait for your greedy 10% cut of my profits - you tight-fisted greedy, cozy-up-to-the-big-sellers to make a buck corporation.......) oops, better stop. I could go on and on, and on. Ciao friends!  - Nancy (njames51)

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Where are you group people? And what's your verdict about THE WORLD SERIES!!

Somewhere along the line ebay decided a bunch of knowledgable sports guys guys meant nothing to the community and stuck us in the "basement cubicle" as you so eloquently descibe. Why a few of us even bother to still check in is a mystery to me. The best of the board are either gone or don't bother to post anymore. A few bad apple trolls was too much for the ebay gods to deal with I guess! It was way more fun just letting the community deal with it's own problems than ebay stepping in. I guess they just could'nt see it that way. A huge loss for the board and ebay itself IMO.

As for the series: My first thought before the series started was to start Kershaw in the second or third game. If it were up to me I would have started him in LA in the first game there. LA always throws him out in the big game and he always comes up short. If I had to pick a team to root for I would go with the Dodgers even with Puig and "dirty player" Machado. It looks right now like Boston in 4 but for what it's worth, I'll say Boston in 5.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Re: Where are you group people? And what's your verdict about THE WORLD SERIES!!

Hi there, DaBig here!!  I really miss the good old days on the forum, we had a great bunch of guys!!!!  I been living on Facebook now, I am in a bunch of Yankees, Baseball, and Baseball Card groups.  But really miss the old guys here.

As to the series, i hate it, obviously i wanted the Yankees in it, when they didnt make it, i started rooting for Brooklyn, er um i mean LA.  LOL.  So of course the Dread Sux are up two games to none.  Hate it.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Yes Murphy I se what they've done, pukeheads. I may go harass somebody about this. You can't find this group at all! Such **bleep**.

I'm from California but figured the Rex Sox would crush them, especially after Dave Roberts made stupid pitching changes in Game 2 I think and Boston crushed them.

That 19th inning game I stayed up till midnight in the 15th but said hell no! What they finished at 3 a.m.?

Sorry Dodgers, your coach stunk!

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Hey dabigcokeman,

Good to see you.

As I said above, The Dodgers manager stunk! But Boston had a great team.!

Go to facebook and join the TCB club. That's where we all settled in. Private group, but most from the old chat board on here.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

O.k I just wrote a suggestion and submitted it to move this group and to highlight it for a month on the front page. They don't want suggestions but tough **bleep**. They are losing sales because folks cannt get their questions answered. I went to Help/ suggestions/ unsolicited/ and submitted my suggestion to ebay team people. 

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

njames51 - On Facebook I a lot of places come up when I sort on TCB Club.  Not sure which group to join, or even to look at.  Any help?

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

dabig - search: "The Old TCB". It will come up.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

The Old TCB is not giving me anything on Facebook, must be a little something different about what I need to sort on.

DaBig

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Hi Nancy, Murph and Arnie... 

Nancy,

Thanks for the hello.. good to hear from you, I hope all is well with you and yours.. yes this place has become a ghost town.. I guess the new format kinda ruined the board as well as trying to find it.. I check in every so often.  God bless Bud for hangin in here, he was always gracious in offering help. 

Murph,

I see you are here once in a while.. hope you are doin well also.... still hitting the jack pot on those garage sales??.. 👍

Dabig, 

Good to see you pop in as well... hope you and the wife are well.  I immediately thought with a smile of you and Tim meeting up for lunch/dinner.. Tim giving you the business for ordering a Philly cheese steak sandwich.... the give and take you two Had always made me smile.

By the way ... you still have your Mantle rookie... I remember you being on the fence with that... you got a good deal... and made a good decision..

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Oh...... as far as the World Series... sick of Boston.. would have liked the Dodgers to win..

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

goldenjet16 - hi.  Been a bad time here, wife got cancer, fought it for a few years, passed away a year ago, I am devastated and now totally alone in the world, not good, not good at all.

But still collecting, yes i still have my Mantle rookie, got a lot of really great cards this last year or two as I bought stuff out of frustration over what was going on in my life.

Yes, the time i met Tim was great, and i miss interacting with all the old friends i had here!!!!  Hope you are well.

dabig

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

dabig, jeez, that's godawful. so sorry to hear it, man.  Our sincere sympathies.  Hang tough.  

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Dabig,

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife.... my deepest sympathy my friend... sometimes they say god never gives you more than he thinks you can handle,  but it makes me wonder sometimes.. losing the love of your life has to take a toll on your soul.. 

I wish you the best pushing forward Arnie, I know it's not easy losing loved ones, just lost my Nephew he was only 27.. I don't think my brother will ever get over that one, as much support as we give as a family.. they say you never know till you walk in another mans shoes.. truer words cannot be said... I wish you all the best Dabig.. 

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Butch,

Good to see you... been a long long time .. hope you are well..

Message 15 of 20
latest reply