cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are you group people? And what's your verdict about THE WORLD SERIES!!

Hello friends, long time no see. I had a hell of a time finding this place again. What do they do, stick you guys in a basement cubicle? Surely there must be a way to advertise or direct folks to this group, instead of to sporting goods, hobbies, toys and paper products. I can't even get into the categtories list via "the community". So I finally have bookmarked this place.

I read some of the posts and see you have some excitement here from time to time,  hahaha. I wanted to say hello to some or all of you. Some names still are familiar, Hello Goldenjet16, Murphy, Savedfrommyspokes, Hello no-plain-white-envelopes! Hello Bestsandy! Howdy Lindycards, Hey Dabigcokeman, Hello Fred! (fyoung17),   What's new Gazebotree2?  And how the heck have you been John? (john4orr) ? And to anyone I missed -- hello!

I'll try to come by more often, but I'm hopelessly ignorant as to what's going on with the new generation of players, teams, cards, except for exciting stuff...(like the brawl last night tween Lakers and the other team, real punches were thrown. Twasn't any little scuffle. Shoving, spitting in the face, pushing hard, right uppercups to the face, team member walking away then turning around and delivering a hard blow OVER the back of another player to get to the intended subject. Wow..they weren't kidding were they? Spitting in a guy's face is pretty darn low, don't even think gang members allow that out on the streets.

Anyway.......my TOPIC or question is: Game 1 of The World Series starts tonight! I'm not rooting for one team over another. But I think Boston is gonna clobber the Dodgers in 6. (though I kinda am rootin for the Dodgers since they have a lot of young guys who've never - and probably WILL NEVER again be in a World Series.

But I love Boston cuz they're sneeky and cheeky, and you just never know what they're up to. Their manager said the team purposely were trying to make the Astros paranoid, and both sides were stealing signs, Boston was giving false or nonsense signs just to screw up the other team's heads and F with the coach.

Opinions, what's gonna happen in this World Series?

(oh, and eBay, don't delete this rambling post because I am putting up some auctions and you may want to wait for your greedy 10% cut of my profits - you tight-fisted greedy, cozy-up-to-the-big-sellers to make a buck corporation.......) oops, better stop. I could go on and on, and on. Ciao friends!  - Nancy (njames51)

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Where are you group people? And what's your verdict about THE WORLD SERIES!!

Murph,

I see you are here once in a while.. hope you are doin well also.... still hitting the jack pot on those garage sales??

Hey Jet! good to see you stopping by.

The garage sales have dried up much like ebay sales in many categories. I follow a local estate company in my area that has been good to me in the past, but they have doubled and tripled prices on most of the good stuff in recent years.  Also, the competition is crazy here, dealers and resellers by the dozens. Really has gotten crazy and much of the fun is gone.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Re: Where are you group people? And what's your verdict about THE WORLD SERIES!!

Jet, thanks for the good wishes , and right back atcha!...  but which posts have you (not) been reading?  We try to check in here at least weekly and we've got more "helpfuls" than anybody else here over the past year...  There was almost enough activity on this board this past summer that we thought this thing might actually once again start being as busy as it once was back in the day, but it's tailed off again...  still, good to see at least a few of the old regulars like yourself chiming in occasionally...  

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

With the greatest amount of joy in my heart i can give you the sort of spoiler, ( the new season has already begun) my bloved Boston Red Sox completed their domination of the LA Dodgers in 5 games. Had it not been fortuitous luck or the baseball gods wanting more than 4 games the Sox surely would have swept, my tilt of the cap to you Max Muncy! Never the less the series could still only be summed up as utter Red Sox DOMINATION!

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

I am a Die Hard Sox fan for life! That being said, sure Roberts may have made a mistake or 2, but his rotation wasn't holding up its' end of the bargain either. To that end, neither was the dodger offense. Dave Roberts managed to put the Dodgers in back to back World Series with at best a shaky starting rotation, and in the 2nd WS a closer who looked like a dear caught in headlights rather then an intimidator! 

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Yeah, I agree. The Dodgers were pathetic then, and they're still lousy today. Roberts took a firestorm of abuse for his lousy management decisions, but he stuck to believing he was right and the rest of the world were idiots.

Good going with your Red Sox! They always have some secret weapon they unleash who belts out five homers. I think everybody in the U.S. secretly loves the Sox because they're so **bleep** scrappy! They always look scraggily with beards, long hair, dreads, and they could care a less what people think. Plus they always win! Damnit!

Never been to Boston, but I like to go to a ball game whenever I visit a MLB city. To see the stadium. Saw Cincinnati play in Riverfront Stadium. Sweet.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply