cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Ridiculous is EBAY's new GTC on all fixed priced listings for store owners?

Yesterday I went online to see what items sold and what items ended from my listings. I also knew I had both fixed priced and auctions available to list being it's the months end...to my surprise all my fixed priced listings were used up. I went into my ebay page and noticed 150 items that were relisted were charged .25.

Is this a joke? I pay for the store, we in the collectibles are charged the highest price commission at of all categories and ebay takes the same 9-10% on all shipping paid (which is a loss every time). Not to mention another 3%+ at paypal.

What if I had a clothing store on 42nd st. I paid rent every month to the land lord, I even give the landlord a commission on every sale. Does that give my landlord the right to start moving things around in my store? What if I had a sale on something for a specific period of time? What if I wanted to group a few items if they didn't sell?

When is enough enough? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

This is a complete **bleep** move!!  I certainly don't believe that 80% of listings are GTC.  If anything, I would believe just the opposite.  I haven't seen any intelligent rationale for this.  I prefer to decide if, and when, I will relist my items, whether it be seasonal, or not.  I like to rotate my inventory and may wait one, or two, months before relisting some items.  It will be a royal PITA to try to remember when to end listings early, to avoid GREEDBAY slapping on more fees.  This is nothing more than a back door scam to increase their revenue.  Absolute **bleep**!!

This new policy was implemented on March 18 and was touted as a way to increase our sales.  There are several other discussions, about this, on other boards.  Several hundred people have read these posts, with many responses.  But several hundred people is like a pimple on an elephant's butt, considering the millions of sellers on GREEDBAY.  A huge majority of sellers, like you, were caught off guard and are now being slapped with the additional listings fees.  This has to be one of the worst "improvements" GREEDBAY has ever foisted upon us.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

This is a complete **bleep** move!!  I certainly don't believe that 80% of listings are GTC.  If anything, I would believe just the opposite.  I haven't seen any intelligent rationale for this.  I prefer to decide if, and when, I will relist my items, whether it be seasonal, or not.  I like to rotate my inventory and may wait one, or two, months before relisting some items.  It will be a royal PITA to try to remember when to end listings early, to avoid GREEDBAY slapping on more fees.  This is nothing more than a back door scam to increase their revenue.  Absolute **bleep**!!

This new policy was implemented on March 18 and was touted as a way to improve our sales.  There are several discussions about this on other boards.  Hundreds of users have read them and many responses.  But hundreds of users is like a pimple on an elephant's butt, considering the millions of sellers on GREEDBAY.  The majority were caught unaware, like you, and are now being slapped with relisting fees.  This has to be one of the worst "improvements" GREEDBAY has ever foisted upon us.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply