cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay opting me into ebay international shipping (EIS) - how do I opt out?

Ebay just informed me that I will be opted into EIS

I do not use GSP and do not want to use EIS either

as soon as I receive their notice, I want to opt out

where do I go to do that?   

BTW:  why call it opt when I apparently have no 'opt'

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: ebay opting me into ebay international shipping (EIS) - how do I opt out?

go to your preferences page

https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Go to My Ebay, Summary.  Select Account Tab, then Shipping Preferences.  Then unenroll from EIS.  (This is on a PC - not sure where you do this on a phone app.)

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Thanks so much (I am on a pc too)

want to be ready to cut this off at the pass!  

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Just curious?.  Why do people want to opt out of this?  Other than a small international fee, shipping to an ebay fulfilment center is great.  According to ebay (I got the same notice) as long as I get the item there, that's where my job ends.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

When it first started, I read a lot of complaints from buyers that it was much more expensive and they were skipping GSP listings. 

I have no problem shipping with USPS even though it costs me a buck or two more.   

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Like others, I too today recieved the notice. Looks like another daily "to do" task, as I want NOTHING to do with eBay shipping. Thank you very much eBay, but I am more than capable handling all of my shipping needs.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Ditto

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

We got the same message on 3/7 and went to the page you linked, and no 'EIS' - just 'GSP' - We also have re-checked that page and what's shown as international shipping on different active listings and it's still usps, so not changed. So we have to wait and check back to see when they add it so we can turn it off?

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@emilavers wrote:

So we have to wait and check back to see when they add it so we can turn it off?

Yes.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

I thought that they only opted in sellers if they were already using the gsp or did not have any international shipping. If the seller already international shipping set up on their listings using USPS they aren't supposed to be opted in to EIS are they? Some of the posters here already are using USPS international.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Many cannot 'opt' out, or the 'opt out' doesn't work, or even MORE IMPORTANTLY, maybe a seller wants items under $XX to ship internationally, but not items over $XX. 

So, just 'bulk edit' the items you do NOT want to be available for International Buyers through the EIS program (can't stop forwarders, that's another story)- then just 'exclude' all 218 countries all in one fell swoop.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@wastingtime101 

I thought that they only opted in sellers if they were already using the gsp or did not have any international shipping. If the seller already international shipping set up on their listings using USPS they aren't supposed to be opted in to EIS are they? Some of the posters here already are using USPS international.

My listings are set up with USPS international and biz policies but I got the opt in notice on March 7th. Been checking every day so I can opt out. So far my ship preferences page still says: Global Shipping Program - Not enrolled. @pjcdn2005 

"You’ll soon be among the newest group of sellers to be enrolled in eBay International Shipping.

We’ll let you know when your enrollment is complete, so keep an eye on your inbox. Once you’re in, you’ll see this new program as the international shipping service on your new eligible listings.

We’re excited for you to experience the added benefits of eBay International Shipping."

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

They lied.

I've never used GSP and all my IDs got "opted in"

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Keep a eye on it.  I opted out 2 weeks ago because my international buyers was complaining how much it was.  It took 2 days to complete the opt out process.  Last night someone opted me back in!!  I was furious and called ebay, they tried to tell me they have no ability to do that and it was someone on my end.  Im the only one that runs the store and I did not do it!  So now Im waiting for it to complete again.  😡

Message 15 of 19
latest reply