cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does ebay allow you to offer both volume discounts and combined shipping?

During listing VOLUME DISCOUNTs are highly recommended by ebay so we selected them. Note we are first time sellers. 
We don't want to overcharge for shipping so we added allowing combined shipping to our preferences.  However, when we went to another account and added items from the same drop down listing, the COMBINED SHIPPING button had a little 'i'nformation button that said, "You can't request combined shipping because the seller has already offered a discount for these items."
Item discounts and shipping discounts are different.  What is the best suggestion for offering volume discounts and not over charging for shipping?   thanks

Update1: I took off all VOLUME EVENTS, and now it says, 'You can't request combined shipping with immediate payment".

We don't want to wait for payment but we are new at this so it's probably something about payments I need to learn now. Thanks.

Update2: In SHIPPING PREFERENCES-->COMBINED PAYMENTS-->SPECIFIED, it has 
Allow Buyers to send one combined payment for all items purchased. with a 3 day window

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Set up a combined shipping rule here: https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

On the listing, apply that combined shipping rule.

On the shopping cart checkout page, buyers should see both the volume discount and the automatically combined shipping without the need to request a manual invoice.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hello, thanks for the reply.  I did exactly that but then had a friend try to buy several items and the REQUEST COMBINED SHIPPING 'i'nformation button said , 'You can't request combined shipping as the buyer offers other discounts" (or something similiar).
So I took off all VOLUME EVENTS, and now it says, 'You can't request combined shipping with immediate payment".

We don't want to wait for payment but we are new at this so it's probably something about payments I need to learn now. Thanks.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@leimcgra-0 wrote:

I did exactly that but then had a friend try to buy several items and the REQUEST COMBINED SHIPPING 'i'nformation button said , 'You can't request combined shipping as the buyer offers other discounts" (or something similiar).

When you set up combined rules as I described, the system automatically combines shipping based on your rules. Therefore nobody should be using the manual request total link in the shopping cart.

As long as there is a discount of some kind (volume, sale, promotion), the cart will not allow a manual combined shipping request.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Ah it must be the shipping rule where first item is $5.95 and addt'l are $2.95..
Although not sure why it would, after removing volume discounts, it now says, "'You can't request combined shipping with immediate payment".  But i'll remove it and see what happens. Thanks for your time. Hope it wasn't wastingtime101!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I think that you might have misunderstood.   You already have a combined shipping discount on there so there is no reason to request an invoice.   I put 4 of your items in my cart and I was charged 5.95 shipping for the one  item and 2.95 for each of the other ones.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply