cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS to replace First Class Package, Retail Ground, Parcel Select with Ground Advantage Summer 2023

As USPS implements price & service changes every July (think the first year was August), I expect that's about the time they're planning to roll this out.

https://postalnews.com/blog/2023/02/10/usps-seeks-to-replace-first-class-package-service-with-usps-g...

WASHINGTON, Feb. 10, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — As part of its overall strategy to enhance its shipping offerings, the United States Postal Service today filed a procedural filing with the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) notifying the commission of the Postal Service’s intention to replace its existing First-Class Package Service category with USPS Ground Advantage. USPS Ground Advantage will feature two-to five day service standards for packages up to 70 pounds.

The filing streamlines and simplifies package shipping options for customers and enhances the Postal Service’s ground product offering with the anticipated summer 2023 launch of its improved ground product — USPS Ground Advantage.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 164
latest reply
163 REPLIES 163

Re: USPS to replace First Class Package, Retail Ground, Parcel Select with Ground Advantage Summe...

I tried listing an item on computer using media mail and it kept telling me the "Starting July 9th" message over and over and over again and wouldnt let me list.  I'm not even using First Class or Ground Advantage ! Finally had to switch to the phone to list the item and it went through fortunately. 

Message 151 of 164
latest reply

Re: USPS to replace First Class Package, Retail Ground, Parcel Select with Ground Advantage Summe...

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@dadanddaughterantiques wrote:

I just put in an item. it was 4.24 and on the 9th it will be 8.07??!!So basically doubling the previous postage.!!

The online postage cost for packages up to 15.99 ounces will stay the same for Ground Advantage as it currently is for First Class packages. I don't know how you got $8.07.

I've just pretended to buy a label for an item that I mailed yesterday (7/10), and today my label options are correct. But... Saturday night (7/8), the Ground Advantage price was $9.03 (if I remember correctly)... so I ticked 'FC' and paid the $5.33 price... true story. I'm thinking this error was 'sooo last week' and has now been corrected. 🤞

Screenshot (56).png

Message 152 of 164
latest reply

It's probably not important considering all the hiccups that are occurring, but I just printed a label for my item that weighed 15.3oz.   So I debated what to enter, and I guess I should have entered 15oz, but I went ahead with the old method of entering 16oz, which would end up as 15.9oz on my label.   Well, it ended up showing 1 pound on my label, but I was still charged the rate for up to 15.9oz. 

Message 153 of 164
latest reply

Good to know!! 😉

Message 154 of 164
latest reply

terribly slow...I used Ground Advantage for the first time for a 12 ounce, 13x10x2 inch Manila Envelope...Wow !...it never gets delivered !...My package I sent out...on the July 12th, is still not delivered yet. Holy cow!  today is July 21st.....shipped from California to Alabama.  so slow

Message 155 of 164
latest reply

Hopefully this is the simplest question of the day, but overnight several dozen of my listings disappeared, I am guessing because I need to update the shipping. But for the life of me I can't find where those listings went? Are they still in with my "active" listings? "Unsold"? Can't seem to find them.

Thanks in advance.

Message 156 of 164
latest reply

@19benedict wrote:

Hopefully this is the simplest question of the day, but overnight several dozen of my listings disappeared, I am guessing because I need to update the shipping. But for the life of me I can't find where those listings went? Are they still in with my "active" listings? "Unsold"? Can't seem to find them.

Thanks in advance.

@19benedict   This happens to me when fixed price listings are renewing AND a new month has started.    My number of active listings drops and then comes back up again later in the day.   They should show up later today, fingers crossed for you. 

I am sure it doesn't have anything to do with the shipping.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 157 of 164
latest reply

Are they not in your unsold list?  There is a thread on the seller board this morning by a seller of shoes stating many of his listings were ended.  His were in unsold, though. 

Message 158 of 164
latest reply

@19benedict wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Hey @19benedict - don't think your issue has anything at all to do with shipping so if your question hasn't been answered already I suggest starting a new post on the Selling board here.

The most common reasons for listings disappearing:

1. See above post from comics-scifi about listings that disappear temporarily on their renewal date while the system re-indexes them.

2. Seller's listing limits have been reduced. As a result, any listings over that limit will be ended on their renewal date until the seller's account is back within their listing limits. As fern-wood said above, those will appear on your ended listings page.

3. The listings were more than 12 mo old with zero buyer interest. Read about that here.

4. eBay removed listings and sent an eBay message alerting the seller to a policy violation.

5. Some kind of account restriction, but if that were the case I'm sure you'd be well aware already.

6. The seller uses the 'out of stock' setting and the listing had zero quantity available for 6 months, so eBay ended the listings.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 159 of 164
latest reply

I did not read beyond page 1 of this thread but there is still a problem here. eBay in the original listing format when you first either start listing a new item or use a template has the option of USPS First Class but listing with that option doesn't do anything. It is grayed out and doesn't show up as a shipping choice when it's listed under the shipping calculator. I only just discovered this official merger now! I thought it was quite strange that this was not showing up when I viewed the listing from another browser not signed in to my account. The solution is for eBay to COMPLETELY remove this as a shipping option but as of 12/5/23 they have not!

Message 160 of 164
latest reply

I am going to be getting on the phone with eBay later today and pointing out that they still have that First Class Mail shipping option even though it's grayed out and doesn't appear as an option for a buyer to pay with. I will screen shot it here:

Screenshot (863).png

Message 161 of 164
latest reply

When you revise the listing that First Class option magically doesn't appear unless it's a Letter or Large Envelope format but that's untraceable and only for paper docs, NOT regular merchandise:

Screenshot (864).png

Message 162 of 164
latest reply

@lazer*lightning wrote:

I am going to be getting on the phone with eBay later today and pointing out that they still have that First Class Mail shipping option even though it's grayed out and doesn't appear as an option for a buyer to pay with. I will screen shot it here:

Screenshot (863).png

@lazer*lightning  The first class option has been left on the listing form on purpose for sellers who DO ship items with postage stamps.  These items are small flats with a low price that do NOT  qualify for eBay Standard Envelope.   This was brought up in one of the eBay seller meetings I attended not long after first class package was ended.    

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 163 of 164
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 164 of 164
latest reply