cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS AND DELAYED PACKAGES.

Ok am I the only one who has had some packages take an extreme amount of time getting to your buyer? With that being said i had a disgruntal buyer when his package was not there yet amd opened a case against me. So i refunded him. Now what the hell happens when he gets the package in a few days and ive refunded? Ebay you should really be doing something about this as covid has slown basically the only reasonable priced shipper and packages are not arriving in time and the seller is dealing with it and it sucks. Its

an ongoing problem and you should have the sellers back on this as its not so far. Any ifo would be appreciated.  

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: USPS AND DELAYED PACKAGES.

@b86fiero wrote:

I also just had to refund a buyer.  Shipped her package as promised 1st Class on Nov 21.  Going to NJ but stuck in Baltimore, MD since Nov 23.

It was only 2 days and you refunded?

Have a great day
Message 16 of 55
latest reply

If you have refunded.........   you can attempt a "package intercept" if the price of the item justifies.    Intercept,  if successful,  costs something like $12-14.

Message 17 of 55
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

You, as the seller, can increase your handling time a little bit. 

How would that help?

Message 18 of 55
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@soh.maryl wrote:

Due to a combination of some shippers being short-staffed because of the pandemic and the upcoming holiday increase in packages being shipped, there are quite a few delays in shipping.  There is nothing eBay can actually do about this because eBay neither owns nor controls the shippers.  ...

There sure is something that eBay can do about it:  eBay provides the estimated delivery date that the buyer sees in the listing, which in turn determines when a buyer can file an INR claim.

Didn't they extend the estimated delivery dates to give more time for packages to arrive?

At  the height of pandemic delays- but then they shortened them again. The USPS issues I'm seeing since Black Friday are crazy- and eBay hasn't extended ETDs at all. I have so many packages shipped Friday and Saturday that already missed eBay's unrealistic ETDs.

Message 19 of 55
latest reply

I just went from 3 to now 4 packages that usps.com shows arriving late. This is getting out of control crazy.

Message 20 of 55
latest reply

Does anyone know if UPS and Fedex are experiencing these shipping delays also?

Message 21 of 55
latest reply

Recently USPS Priority package took about four weeks. Called them, filed missing mail search, and insurance claim. They will make your head spin like a top. USPS has been having serious delays.  ???? What does this place do????

Message 22 of 55
latest reply

@timzbiz wrote:

I just went from 3 to now 4 packages that usps.com shows arriving late. This is getting out of control crazy.

My 2-day Priority took 6 days.

Message 23 of 55
latest reply

I'm waiting for a Priority Mail package that was shipped and scanned at the sorting center in the seller's state last Wednesday, but no scans at all since then.

Message 24 of 55
latest reply

I  have packages that I handed to the clerk at a Houston Post Office last week that do not even show being accepted by the post office.  The expected delivery date on most is tomorrow.  I do not know what is going on but if I have to refund I guess my only option is to pay to have the package intercepted and returned to me, if that actually works.

Message 25 of 55
latest reply

I posted above about my delay problem --  I sent a First Class package 2+ weeks ago and after 8 days it reached Detroit.  It has been stuck in Detroit for 6 days.  I have been reassuring buyer and had updates sent to him by USPS. Begged my Postmaster to call Detroit hub and try to get it going.  Nothing.   

Message 26 of 55
latest reply

For most USPS packages you can open a missing mail case with USPS 15 days after the shipping date. This has to be the date USPS took possession of the item not the day you dropped it at the post office. If you simply dropped it at the post office and did not wait for a postal worker to scan the item into the system and hand you a receipt you are pretty much out of luck since from USPS's optic they never took possession of the item. 

Message 27 of 55
latest reply

Even before the current problems and issues I never just hand or drop a package at the post office. I stand inline while the postal worker scans the items into the system and hands me a receipt. There is nothing for you to open an intercept on from USPS's perspective they do not have the package in their possession. 

Message 28 of 55
latest reply

Are you checking the status through the eBay link or are you checking through the USPS site? There are serious interface problems with the tracking information in the eBay link. USPS will tell you that 2-3 day priority mail is taking on average 6-9 days. After 15 days from the mailing date you can open a missing package case with USPS. 

Message 29 of 55
latest reply

They are but not as bad. However, on December 2nd FedEx suspended it's money back guarantee on express shipments because of the number of claims. 

Message 30 of 55
latest reply