cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Label Cutting off edge

I noticed this morning that the layout of the shipping label is different when printing....it puts the label in the upper left corner of the page and cuts off the edge!  I can't figure out how to change the layout.  I don't want "fit to page" because the label would be too large.  Why can't they just leave things as they were??

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are eBaying quite a bit, why are you not using a dedicated shipping label printer ?

Are you really still cutting out shipping labels from paper ?!

Most Ebay Labels glitches do not affect a dedicated printer that has no choice but to print the label on the same sized sticker sheet. 

Faster, easier, 99% glitch free.

Buy a thermal printer and a few rolls of labels....sometimes a few rolls come with the printer.

After initial investment it's pretty much trouble free.

You can find good deals on them here on eBay.......well worth doing.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 20 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I literally just made a post about this too, almost drove me nuts 

I had to use adobe reader DC to force the label to print in the center of the page. Nothing I else did would suffice I wasted almost 45 minutes to print one label right and about 12 pages of paper.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Seems to be happening a lot lately: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/Printing-labels-cut-off-all-of-a-sudden-Was-fine-2-da...

You should be able to go into advanced settings, choose "Custom Scale," and input the size that you want, whether 50%, 25%, etc.  Good luck!

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

You need to reset your browser to open PDF files with Adobe and not its built in reader.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

I don't have Adobe and I should not have to do this!  I have printed labels for years and they never printed this way.  I should not have to pay for software to print eBay labels!

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

You are right, you shouldn't have to reset to Adobe as some have mentioned. I didnt make any changes to my computer so I shouldnt have to make a change. This is an eBay problem.

I am using the same computer, same browser and same printer since June.

Problem started this morning. All labels appear wrong orientation in the upper left corner. It is NOT  because my browser is not set to Adobe as some have mentioned. I did that and it didnt matter. I tried multiple browsers, different browser versions, different computers and all the same bad result. This is making my shipping life miserable! come on ebay, fix this **bleep**!

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

I have been trying to fix this issue for 3 hours just to print one dang label. The labels are HUGE! I have gone though HP support for my printer and nothing I've tried works. It is definitely an Ebay problem! This is pretty ridiculous!

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Agree that it is an ebay problem. I am using the same computer, same browser and same printer since June.

Problem started this morning. All labels appear wrong orientation in the upper left corner. It is NOT  because my browser is not set to Adobe as some have mentioned. I did that and it didnt matter. I tried multiple browsers, different browser versions, different computers and all the same bad result. This is making my shipping life miserable! come on ebay, fix this **bleep**!

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

I used Adobe Reader DC, it was free, download the label then open it in there. just uncheck all the extras (virus scanner and junk) before you download it. I was immediately able to print label center of the page 1st try to at least get my package to the mailman before they came for the day.

Saved me big time after i wasted almost 45 minutes myself.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

The Adobe reader is FREE to download and use.  Ebay shipping can be very picky about not using Adobe for shipping labels, although some other readers will work.

You don't need to have made any changes yourself.  Often an update to the browser will affect this.  Also some other application that has used your printer or your PDF reader may have alter the settings, and then not return them to the original settings upon exit.  This can even include settings to Adobe or your browser page setup settings, which can include scale, orientation, size, etc.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

I haven't updated the browser or anything else.  I found an acceptable fix for this issue although the labels are larger.  I print them 130% and it doesn't cut off my return address, just the left side line.  I don't care about the line, I just don't want my address cut off.  This is an eBay problem, they need to fix it!  I shouldn't have to waste time downloading anything or changing anything about my computer when labels have worked for YEARS just fine!  EBAY FIX THIS ISSUE!

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@mynewfindstore 

Post a screen shot of your Adobe label preview.  Or if you want to test this, don't print the label, but save it to a PDF file, then manually open the file with Adobe and try to print it.

I have tried this label format on Chrome, FIrefox, and Edge, and when the settings are correct and Adobe is used it prints correctly as it always did.  If this was an ebay system wide glitch nobody would be able to print the label correctly.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

I can only open it in Preview....I had Adobe Acrobat Pro but the trial expired and now it wants me to purchase it.  But, when I go to print the one shown in Preview, I have downsize the label and it's in the center of the page looks like.  What a pain though, I have to download each label!  

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Exact same problem here with labels starting today.  What's going on eBay?

Message 15 of 25
latest reply