cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HEY EBAY - WTH IS THIS? Why does this keep happening? Guaranteed delivery **bleep**!

Hey ebay - explain to me why this keeps happening!!!

Sold item today - 1 day handling - ship by Monday - guaranteed to buyer buy TUESDAY!!! WTH?

I'M IN MN, THEY'RE IN FLORIDA - 3 DAYS MINIMUM!!!

AND THIS ISN'T SOME ONE TIME GLITCH! THIS IS JUST THE FIRST TIME I'VE SCREEN SHOT IT!

I'VE GOT CUSTOMERS COMPLAINING ALMOST DAILY ABOUT MISSED DELIVERY DATES!!!

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: HEY EBAY - WTH IS THIS? Why does this keep happening? Guaranteed delivery **bleep**!

I do not see a guaranteed date in the screenshot. It says estimated. yes maybe optimistic but I bet you get that in the mail on Saturday it makes it. I just bought from Florida and it made it to me wed to Fri. I Get it though not fair to seller if it doesn't make it. Bet the USPS tracking shows more like may 3rd.

Anyhow it is an estimate. Only guaranteed misses qualify for the voucher/shipping refund. And all you really need to do is make your handling time.

Message 16 of 37
latest reply

Re: HEY EBAY - WTH IS THIS? Why does this keep happening? Guaranteed delivery **bleep**!

@points13 wrote:

I do not see a guaranteed date in the screenshot. It says estimated. yes maybe optimistic but I bet you get that in the mail on Saturday it makes it. I just bought from Florida and it made it to me wed to Fri. I Get it though not fair to seller if it doesn't make it. Bet the USPS tracking shows more like may 3rd.

Anyhow it is an estimate. Only guaranteed misses qualify for the voucher/shipping refund. And all you really need to do is make your handling time.

They always say estimated, but ebay confirmed all but 1 were guaranteed...

Message 17 of 37
latest reply

@points13 wrote:

And NO, that's not the point - I have until MONDAY the 29th to ship an item and they are telling the buyers to start EXPECTING it on TUESDAY the 30th! TOTALLY ABSURD!

Message 18 of 37
latest reply

Yep I see  now. Had a look at your listings. Almost are all guaranteed to me by Friday 3rd. That gives you 5 business days and I am only 295 miles a way. Certainly seems odd you get more time to me than Florida. I suspect you have an excellent shipping record eBay is counting on you never waiting to Monday to ship. I have noticed the guarantee being put on my items as well. I am a very small seller but luckily have not heard anything so far as to late delivery. Aside from extending handling time there is probably nothing we can do.

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

brian@ebay 

Let me get this straight. I have a 2 day stated handling time (and I don't accept returns).

2 orders between 1:30pm and 2:30pm on Friday 4/26 - barely able to make last Blue Box pickup here unless I jump on them immediately (less than 0 day handling time)

1st one that doesn't have to be shipped per my handling time until Tues 4/30 shows Fast 'n Free with an EDD of Tues 4/30 from CA →  LA (zone8)

2nd one that doesn't have to be shipped per my handling time until Tues 4/30 shows Guaranteed Delivery by Tues 4/30 from CA → FL (zone8)

Those 2 have ZERO hope of delivery by the EDD if shipped USPS PM Tues or even Mon, and questionable even if shipped Sat.

You are saying that I am looking at 2 potential SNAD returns here* if I utilize any of my handling time and don't ship same day (if even possible) or make a special trip to the post office on a Saturday?

*with losses of $7.55 ea for original free shipping postage plus $1.30 ea lost PayPal fees beginning 5/7

I want to be able to manage my risk here, and eBay fabricating ridiculous EDDs and then potentially forcing SNAD returns for "late" delivery doesn't help with that.

Does eBay really want me to change my handling time to 3 or 4 days and use that 3 or 4 days sitting on the orders to insure GD or F 'n F never applies and disappoint buyers that way instead?

Message 20 of 37
latest reply

I wont even opt into guaranteed delivery although ebay keeps insisting since we are 1 day shipping how "we qualify" I say NO TY. I already have enough issues like you trying to explain to buyers ebay thinks they are in the shipping business and they are not. Even USPS doesn't guarantee dates. Furthermore the estimated dates ebay creats are way off so buyers get ticked, they don't line up with USPS estimates....at least USPS days are "business days M-F that are counted not like ebay estimates where a weekend doesn't matter. But wait I am confused ebay keeps saying I am the only seller that has these issues with them and their misrepresenting delivery times. Yes they say they will remove negs, but only if they state neg is because it was late,,,,has to be stated messages don't count. And neutral cant remove so yeah big help eh?

Message 21 of 37
latest reply

Yes in my continuing arguments about these dates ebay comes up with they did suggest I change my handling time to like 5 days to meet their estimated dates. Now how crazy is that? I should have to give up on items that now qualify for a measly 10% discount on FVF just so I can meet unrealistic deadlines?

And again ebays says I am the only seller with these issues. I told one CS well I guess you have only been answering calls or worked for ebay what a day at most if you say you have never had a call about the estimated /guaranteed delivery issues on this site? Someone at ebay should actually come read the boards and see there is more than 1 unhappy seller over these issues. And all the disappointed buyers ebay chases away!!!!!!!!!

Message 22 of 37
latest reply

@mysticlake007 wrote:

Hey ebay - explain to me why this keeps happening!!!

Sold item today - 1 day handling - ship by Monday - guaranteed to buyer buy TUESDAY!!! WTH?

I'M IN MN, THEY'RE IN FLORIDA - 3 DAYS MINIMUM!!!

AND THIS ISN'T SOME ONE TIME GLITCH! THIS IS JUST THE FIRST TIME I'VE SCREEN SHOT IT!

I'VE GOT CUSTOMERS COMPLAINING ALMOST DAILY ABOUT MISSED DELIVERY DATES!!!

I'm not a Seller, but after reading through all the posts on this thread I'm amazed at yet another ridiculous thing Sellers have to deal with (which is imposed by eBay). 

If eBay is promising the shipping time, they need to pay for and provide you with a USPS next day shipping label upgrade. 

Message 23 of 37
latest reply

@greg5000 wrote:

If eBay is promising the shipping time, they need to pay for and provide you with a USPS next day shipping label upgrade. 

That statement is incorrect. eBay does not need to pay for and provide a shipping label upgrade. Not sure where you got that information? Perhaps you could provide a link to your source for that.

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

If we do not tell ebay about our concerns, they will not know to change the things that don't work. (not just here in the Community, but you need to contact ebay Help & Support). So, while appreciate that you appreciate that I took the time to contact them, it wasn't just for me. It was for every seller who has this problem. Complaining here won't even move water.
Message 25 of 37
latest reply

@mysticlake007 wrote:

HERE'S ANOTHER!

Hi @mysticlake007 , I checked these orders and want to confirm that the buyer received a later guaranteed / estimated delivery date than what is shown in your screenshot. I've provided more details in an email to you. The delivery date provided to you isn't correct, so I'll go ahead and get that reported. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 26 of 37
latest reply

@berserkerplanet wrote:

brian@ebay 

Let me get this straight. I have a 2 day stated handling time (and I don't accept returns).

2 orders between 1:30pm and 2:30pm on Friday 4/26 - barely able to make last Blue Box pickup here unless I jump on them immediately (less than 0 day handling time)

1st one that doesn't have to be shipped per my handling time until Tues 4/30 shows Fast 'n Free with an EDD of Tues 4/30 from CA →  LA (zone8)

2nd one that doesn't have to be shipped per my handling time until Tues 4/30 shows Guaranteed Delivery by Tues 4/30 from CA → FL (zone8)

Those 2 have ZERO hope of delivery by the EDD if shipped USPS PM Tues or even Mon, and questionable even if shipped Sat.

You are saying that I am looking at 2 potential SNAD returns here* if I utilize any of my handling time and don't ship same day (if even possible) or make a special trip to the post office on a Saturday?

*with losses of $7.55 ea for original free shipping postage plus $1.30 ea lost PayPal fees beginning 5/7

I want to be able to manage my risk here, and eBay fabricating ridiculous EDDs and then potentially forcing SNAD returns for "late" delivery doesn't help with that.

Does eBay really want me to change my handling time to 3 or 4 days and use that 3 or 4 days sitting on the orders to insure GD or F 'n F never applies and disappoint buyers that way instead?

Hi @berserkerplanet, I'd like to clarify some misunderstandings that are going on. First, an item that is delivered after the estimated delivery date is eligible for a return request as the item did not match the description. This has nothing to do with Guaranteed Delivery - it has been our policy for many years. A seller would have to accept and pay for a return when the item is delivered late. Secondly, Guaranteed Delivery does not have any impact on the estimated delivery date - this guarantee is only provided for transactions that would be delivered within 4 days based on the seller's location, the buyer's location, the shipping service provided, and historical shipping data. 

If Guaranteed Delivery was shown on your listing and you ship within your stated handling time, you qualify for additional protections you would not otherwise have. If the item is delivered late, eBay will be able to step in and protect you by potentially compensating the buyer for the shipping cost or covering the cost of return shipping if they wish to return the item. If Guaranteed Delivery was not shown on the listing and the item was delivered late, you would have to address your buyer's concerns and potentially pay for return shipping. Guaranteed Delivery only provides you with additional protections, not additional expectations.

If you were to change your handling time to 3 or 4 days to prevent your items for qualifying for guaranteed Delivery, you are only cutting yourself off from additional protections. Additionally, you are limiting yourself and your business as many buyers do decide to purchase from a specific listing based on the estimated delivery date presented. We do not recommend making this kind of change as it only serves to harm your business and place more responsibility on your shoulders.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 27 of 37
latest reply

brian@ebay
The problem with eBay's GUARANTEED DELIVERY is that the wording makes it seem as if the seller is making the promise.
Buyers are getting upset with sellers who have done nothing wrong, but ebay has given them high and false expectations.

Can you let the movers at ebay KNOW that this GD promise is creating a VERY UNPLEASANT BUYING EXPERIENCE for buyers, and creating havoc for sellers? This is total backfire!
Message 28 of 37
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@mysticlake007 wrote:

HERE'S ANOTHER!

Hi @mysticlake007 , I checked these orders and want to confirm that the buyer received a later guaranteed / estimated delivery date than what is shown in your screenshot. I've provided more details in an email to you. The delivery date provided to you isn't correct, so I'll go ahead and get that reported. Thanks!

Yeah, I got your email. You claim that they are all guaranteed by 05/01 (except 1 with no guarantee offered) and the screen shots I showed from my account say 04/30. You claim that's an error. You also pointed out that if I routinely ship items quicker than my handling time, the ebay system takes that into account on 'predicting' times for future orders. This is despite my stated 1 day handling time in the listing. So I'm shooting myself in the foot being a good shipper.

WHAT I FIND VERY INTERESTING is I spoke to 2 people in the Philippines and you via email.  ALL OF YOU were quick to tell me how to OPT OUT OF GUARANTEED DELIVERY and no one had anything to say about forwarding my concerns up the chain of command. It is clearly evident that the ebay system is OVER PREDICTING delivery times. Even the 5 you say where guaranteed by the 1st are not liking to be delivered in time if I had waited till the 29th to mail them first class mail as stated in the original listing. You ALL claim that ebay handles the 'customer service' aspect of guaranteed delivery - that's a lie. The customer ALWAYS comes back to us with the complaint. It's now our responsibility to explain YOUR new policy to them and how to access the free $5 voucher - more time lost on our part that could be better spent running out businesses if we didn't have this new headache.

NOW, I'm done with this. It's clearly evident from the 3 different contacts I've had with ebay regarding this that no one is interested in fixing anything. I'm by far not the biggest fish in the sea, but I drop over $1,500 in fee's each month here. I would think someone (with ENGLISH as a first language from the USA) could have reached out to me with a phone call, but maybe not. I've wasted too much valuable time one this headache already. I'll continue to refer people to take advantage of your $5 offer and look for other selling opportunities in the future.

Message 29 of 37
latest reply

EXACTLY!
Message 30 of 37
latest reply