cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeing issues with the new Community platform?

Thank you for helping us catch those bugs! While we did work hard to make sure we caught any issues before we released the new changes to the Community, there might be some issues that we didn’t catch. If you find any issues, please post them only here. The Community team will be actively monitoring this post and we’ll work as fast as we can to get them resolved. No need to @ mention us, if you post here.

Be sure to include links to the pages, screenshots, which browser you’re using and other relevant information you can share.

Update as of 03/05: Thanks for your feedback! I'll be tracking updates here.

Message 1 of 354
latest reply
353 REPLIES 353

Re: Seeing issues with the new Community platform?

Message 346 of 354
latest reply

https://community.ebay.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences

@somanypcs 

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 347 of 354
latest reply

@somanypcs wrote:

I don't know how to get to the Site Preferences for the community.  My account Site Preferences doesn't show this.  When I click on Community I'm taken to the new Community Platform.   Any help would be appreciated.

@somanypcs 

Just look upthread a few posts.  I provided Pics of where to find the settings.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 348 of 354
latest reply

Hi Sheila. Still no answer for me? It seems to be the most problematic and most asked about issue. Because of the issue, I have almost no way to tell if you did answer me - so apologies if you have. Can you even see this? Can you see me? How would you keep track? Can you message me if you do have an answer so I can find it? I've been here 15 years and have never felt more like just giving up. Perhaps I should. 

#######
Don't believe everything you think.

Message 349 of 354
latest reply

@atypicaloldgoat 

You may want to start a new thread and at mention sheila@ebay 

There are a bunch of issues going on right now. 

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 350 of 354
latest reply

@atypicaloldgoat wrote:

Hi Sheila. Still no answer for me? It seems to be the most problematic and most asked about issue. Because of the issue, I have almost no way to tell if you did answer me - so apologies if you have. Can you even see this? Can you see me? How would you keep track? Can you message me if you do have an answer so I can find it? I've been here 15 years and have never felt more like just giving up. Perhaps I should. 

I apologize for not getting back to you on Monday. It's been a very busy several days. I'm tracking all of the feedback here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Community-Platform-Feedback/Community-redesign-feedback-list/td-p/3166...

When I have update to share, I'll post there. Please keep in mind that we're a small team and haven't had an opportunity to go through all of the posts yet. 

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 351 of 354
latest reply

Okay I managed to find this one. Thank you Sheila!

#######
Don't believe everything you think.

Message 352 of 354
latest reply

@community_team, sheila@ebay 

We need our own personalized board to find our own items quickly ... example below.

1 MR LINCOLN BOARD.jpg

It will avoid the confusion of trying to find things through the complicated pull down and side shift menu format ... collage pics below of various choices ... arrgh.

1 COMMUNITY BOARDS.jpg

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 353 of 354
latest reply

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

I've gone through this post and have gathered all of the feedback. You can find the status of most of that feedback here. When I have news of updates, I'll post in that thread. The ones that haven't made it on the list are in my backlog. Though I can't promise anything, all feedback will be reviewed.

I'm going to close this post, but if you would like to give new feedback, please post a new post in the Community Platform Feedback board. 

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 354 of 354
latest reply