cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeing issues with the new Community platform?

Thank you for helping us catch those bugs! While we did work hard to make sure we caught any issues before we released the new changes to the Community, there might be some issues that we didn’t catch. If you find any issues, please post them only here. The Community team will be actively monitoring this post and we’ll work as fast as we can to get them resolved. No need to @ mention us, if you post here.

Be sure to include links to the pages, screenshots, which browser you’re using and other relevant information you can share.

Update as of 03/05: Thanks for your feedback! I'll be tracking updates here.

Message 1 of 354
latest reply
353 REPLIES 353

Re: Seeing issues with the new Community platform?

Did you see the list of three or so things they fixed?

No.  I did notice a couple of new 'funky' things going on though.  Probably only me since I use a computer..LOL. and it is only affecting a few users. 

@fern*wood 

Message 331 of 354
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

So I'm tired of trying to find the end of the thread to see if any updates have shown up.............sigh......this really has gotten old fast.........

At the top of each page in a discussion just under the Op's post on the  No. of Replies line is: 

Sort:   Oldest to newest   and    Newest to oldest

Just click on Newest to oldest and you will always be at the end of the thread.

Message 332 of 354
latest reply

Right about now I would be thrilled just to have the link back at the top of the page to escape and get back to my Sellers Hub in 1 quick click!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best that I can do on that is the 2 clicks.

clicking on that  little ebay logo up on the left opens a window where I can then hover on "my ebay" and click selling.

Message 333 of 354
latest reply

@hurryagain wrote:

@ittybitnot wrote:

Page 33?  I see you on Page 22?   
@no_zero369 

That is funny...now I will just go away.  Have another look at Elvis and Bob the eBay seller to check the seller board one more time for errant hijacked accounts and cheap trinket scams.   No telling what freaking page it is, or what Monday?

I think that the page numbers might be different if you are on a computer or a phone...eBay's mobile app might have a different configuration causing the difference???

...Or it just might be yet another glitch...oh yay!

20 posts per page on my PC.   (note to self. left thread on page 17)

Message 334 of 354
latest reply

@somanypostcards wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

So I'm tired of trying to find the end of the thread to see if any updates have shown up.............sigh......this really has gotten old fast.........

At the top of each page in a discussion just under the Op's post on the  No. of Replies line is: 

Sort:   Oldest to newest   and    Newest to oldest

Just click on Newest to oldest and you will always be at the end of the thread.

I don't want to be at the end of the thread😊  

I want to pick up where I left off, and I want to read down😊

Message 335 of 354
latest reply

where has link to eBay site status gone?

Message 336 of 354
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@hurryagain wrote:

@ittybitnot wrote:

@no_zero369 

That is funny...now I will just go away.  Have another look at Elvis and Bob the eBay seller to check the seller board one more time for errant hijacked accounts and cheap trinket scams.   No telling what freaking page it is, or what Monday?

I think that the page numbers might be different if you are on a computer or a phone...eBay's mobile app might have a different configuration causing the difference???

...Now THAT is interesting...

I'm on a laptop (pc) and I am only getting 15 per page...???

I used to get 20 per page in the old format.

What the heck???

@buyselljack2016 

Message 337 of 354
latest reply

@hurryagain 

Will this help?

Khoros - topics per pageKhoros - topics per page

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 338 of 354
latest reply

@hurryagain wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@hurryagain wrote:

@ittybitnot wrote:

@no_zero369 

...Now THAT is interesting...

I'm on a laptop (pc) and I am only getting 15 per page...???

I used to get 20 per page in the old format.

What the heck???

@buyselljack2016 

How many you get per page is under your control in your Site Preferences for the community.  I have mine set at 50 per page which I think in the maximum.  Let me go look .......................  Well it has changed a bit and you can enter what ever number you want or so it appears so.

45.JPG

@buyselljack2016  @hurryagain 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 339 of 354
latest reply

Thank you @shipscript you are so AWESOME!!! 

If it wasn't for you and @eburtonlab , I would know what to do in regards to techincal issues.

Thank you @mam98031 , you posted exactly what I was going to ask next since I noticed that there was no drop down menu and it seemed as if I had to write it in...I thought...does this mean that I can write in any amount I wanted (more or less... I'm sure that there is a limit.)...

...reading my mind again...???  LOL!!! 🏆

Now this feature IS an upgrade!  YAY!  I found one thing that I like. 😋

Message 340 of 354
latest reply

where has link to eBay site status gone?

Don't think it really matters.  It has had "all green" lights for years, even when the site is not functioning.  Try poking around in the Announcements section...?????

@apantiq 

Message 341 of 354
latest reply

@hurryagain wrote:

If it wasn't for you and @eburtonlab , I would know what to do in regards to techincal issues.

Thank you @mam98031 , you posted exactly what I was going to ask next since I noticed that there was no drop down menu and it seemed as if I had to write it in...I thought...does this mean that I can write in any amount I wanted (more or less... I'm sure that there is a limit.)...

@hurryagain wrote:

If you click on your avatar on the upper right side of the community, you can locate all your preferences.

46.JPG

IDK if there is some limit to how many you can have per page.  But I do know I've had mine set at 50 for years.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 342 of 354
latest reply

Are we going to get any updates or responses to our concerns from Ebay anytime in the near future? 

Message 343 of 354
latest reply

I don't know how to get to the Site Preferences for the community.  My account Site Preferences doesn't show this.  When I click on Community I'm taken to the new Community Platform.   Any help would be appreciated.

Message 344 of 354
latest reply

At the top of every page of this discussion is a link to the updates to the Community issues made on 3/1/2021.

Message 345 of 354
latest reply