cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems signing in - AGAIN

Dont tell me this nonsense is starting again.

After rebooting my laptop last night I couldnt sign in this morning.  I tried using my browser history to go through a Forum page I posted at yesterday, didnt help. The same kind of problem we had here at least 3 or 4 times last year. The only way I managed to get in was going to Incognito mode in Chrome and starting from the beginning with the main Ebay page and that blasted Captcha page. 

Am I the only one?

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I was still signed in overnight, so did not notice any issues like that.

eBay did do some Thursday night updates around 10PM PT, which seems to have caused some glitches for some folks.

I just tried signing out in Chrome Beta and was able to sign back in the first try.

If signing in using an incognito browser window works, but using the normal browser window does not, that might indicate an issue with your browser cache or eBay cookies. Try deleting your individual eBay cookies and see if that makes a difference.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@fashionclubgurl wrote:

Dont tell me this nonsense is starting again.

After rebooting my laptop last night I couldnt sign in this morning.  I tried using my browser history to go through a Forum page I posted at yesterday, didnt help. The same kind of problem we had here at least 3 or 4 times last year. The only way I managed to get in was going to Incognito mode in Chrome and starting from the beginning with the main Ebay page and that blasted Captcha page. 

Am I the only one?

@fashionclubgurl   Hard to tell how many are having any issue other than complaints about Dr Seuss.    I hope the mods get them moved soon.  

I personally had no issues.  I was still logged in from yesterday.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

eBay did do some Thursday night updates around 10PM PT, which seems to have caused some glitches for some folks.

I just tried signing out in Chrome Beta and was able to sign back in the first try.

If signing in using an incognito browser window works, but using the normal browser window does not, that might indicate an issue with your browser cache or eBay cookies. Try deleting your individual eBay cookies and see if that makes a difference.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

Thanks, clearing the Ebay cookies would have been my next move if the incognito trick hadnt worked. The cache was cleared when I rebooted. I usually reload the forum pages every day but yesterday Id reload a perfectly working forum page that I had full access to and get stuck with one  I had no way of signing in on, much less posting. I hope it was just a glitch.

I remember Ebay waaaaay back when the scheduled Thursday night maintenance sometimes used to bring all sorts of strange surprises Friday morning. Lets hope those days (and nights) are over!

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 4 of 4
latest reply