cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing myself - new community leader

Hi All

I’m Rebecca and I‘m incredibly excited to be here on eBay working with everyone you already know - Brian, Brian, Tyler, Trinton, Griff and leading the whole community team! 

I spent most of my career at Johnson & Johnson, leading the online community on a website which was all about supporting new & expectant parents. Now I’m thrilled to be taking what I know about supporting people as they grow young families, and instead help support all of you as you grow and sustain your businesses. 

You may be asking why a new leader in the eBay community and why now? It's really symbolic of how eBay is putting the seller at the center of everything we do and think about each day. Yes really, though I know for some sellers it‘s been hard to see that in the past. A great example of that is how we’ve recently started using the Announcements blog area more, to keep you in-the-know, updated on technology, and hopefully inspire you. Check out the new topics of News, Technology and Seller Stories when you get a chance! (You may also be wondering did I shove the previous community leader Alan out the door...? And the answer is no! I actually shamelessly begged him to stay, but he got an amazing opportunity and knew he’d be leaving the community in great shape for the future.)

While my first few months are really to be in learning mode, my hope is that down the road a set of fresh eyes will help make the eBay community even more vibrant, easy to use, and helpful so you can support each other and learn. And of course we’ll continue to take your feedback and suggestions for how we can improve your time spent on the marketplace, or here in community. 

The others on the team will continue to be the most visible here in the community, but you’ll see me pop up here and there and you can always message me to say hi, share a suggestion, or even let me know about something we could be doing better.

Finally, I have a confession! While I have bought a lot of stuff on eBay over the years, I posted my first item for sale – a small lot of at-home workout videos and instructions books - just this weekend, and you may just see me around with seriously newbie questions that you experts can help with! So while I may not be an expert seller like you all, my passion is building online community and I look forward to what we can all achieve here together. 

Thanks and see you around the eBay Community!

(message xposted to Selling & Community platform feedback)

Rebecca,
Director of eBay Community
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Introducing myself - new community leader

Ebay is a joke

Message 46 of 50
latest reply

Welcome, rebecca@ebay! Now that it's been awhile and you've got your feet wet, wondering does action like this rise to your level yet?

Message 47 of 50
latest reply

@ja-2149 wrote:

Welcome, rebecca@ebay! Now that it's been awhile and you've got your feet wet, wondering does action like this rise to your level yet?

Hi, that link seems to go to a dead or removed page, but how can I help? 

Rebecca,
Director of eBay Community
Message 48 of 50
latest reply

Wow!

Message 49 of 50
latest reply

Hello Rebecca,  I opened a store subscription 14 days ago, my store does not work, if i click on little icon next to my feedback in seller hub, get msg u might want to open a store, in sellers hub if i click on marketing then store i get same msg, + no visit store signs on any of my items, they refreshed, and tried various things, told story to 2 supervisors, said they are working on it that was 14 days ago still no store ? any ideas,

i get no calls or emails from anyone regarding this problem .  any ideas would help thanks much .

Message 50 of 50
latest reply