cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

woke

I had to stop selling on eBay because the woke employees steel my money in favor of a convicted thief and burglar. He stole two of my items ($145.00) and eBay stole my money and gave it to him. After 24 years with eBay they crapped all over me. Another BUD LIGHT?

Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Re: woke

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@fineinteriors1 wrote:

I had to stop selling on eBay because the woke employees steel my money in favor of a convicted thief and burglar. He stole two of my items ($145.00) and eBay stole my money and gave it to him. After 24 years with eBay they crapped all over me. Another BUD LIGHT?

If anyone stole your money it was the person you sold to that filed an allegedly false claim. It was definitely not eBay.

I had a fairly expensive item stolen due to a sale facilitated with one of the sites thieving buyers - I contacted other sellers who had left false positive feedback to get them to file reports in the hopes of getting the buyer booted - I discovered a large number had already reported the buyer for the same crime - There were likely many more reports from sellers who I could not, or did not attempt to contact - 90 days down the road the buyer was still thieving with impunity... If thats not the site's fault then then I dont know what is...

Message 16 of 76
latest reply

You and Mam are the Best!!! 

Thanks for all you both do!!

Message 17 of 76
latest reply

"Woke" is an adult word which some politicians use.

As an uncle to 4 boys(all under 10 years of age)...it's not a word I would use in relation to anything other than getting up in bed and such. I prefer not to confuse the young.

It's a made-up word of politicians who use it freely and run for office or are in office.

Message 18 of 76
latest reply

Attacking the OP for not using words that you can better identify with is not useful either. 

------------------------------------------

Can you point out the attack?

Message 19 of 76
latest reply

I am pretty sure the ebay employees are sleeping on the keyboard and not answering calls than be awake.

Message 20 of 76
latest reply

woke

wōk

verb

Past of wake.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 21 of 76
latest reply

Woke...thanks for letting us know your not still sleeping 😴.

Message 22 of 76
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

"Woke" is an adult word which some politicians use.

As an uncle to 4 boys(all under 10 years of age)...it's not a word I would use in relation to anything other than getting up in bed and such. I prefer not to confuse the young.

It's a made-up word of politicians who use it freely and run for office or are in office.

"Woke" and "Stay awake" started being used in the 1940s by African Americans to mean staying awake, being aware of issues of justice. It continued to be used to mean being aware, not anesthetized, not a follower, not stupid, until a certain political sector got hold of it, and tried to turn it into a slander. Now it's anything they don't like.

Being "woke" has nothing to do with this situation, though.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 23 of 76
latest reply

Couldn't agree more + you made me look up the word mendacity, fitting

Message 24 of 76
latest reply

@harborauction wrote:

Couldn't agree more + you made me look up the word mendacity, fitting

I had to do some editing - I get in trouble for my snark factor. 😖

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 25 of 76
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Was this the  "Wright & McGill Stream & Lake #88A. Made in Denver, CO. USA. (#134832952775)"
If the buyer did not pay you, why did you ship?

Or was it the"Pflueger Medalist 1494 fly reel, Sculpted pillars, w/extra spool (#134908319700)"

BTW. leaving a false positive is not allowed and the buyer can have the FB removed and you would get a Defect.

You have a lot of problem transactions in the past six months.

More than most members have in a decade.

Can you think of what might be the common point in all of them?

This is the first time I have seen someone leave follow-up replies to their OWN feedback.  LOL I didn't even know that was possible!  Also I've never seen someone air their departure-from-eBay intent as part of their feedbacks, let alone feedbacks to random other sellers that they bought things from.  If I got one of those from a buyer, they'd go straight to my BBL, even if they did also say "Great seller, fast shipping" etc.  Come to think of it, I just thought of something I need to go do ..... ta ta!  

Message 26 of 76
latest reply

All words are made up...

Message 27 of 76
latest reply

@oldwestgold 

"It was a free country last I checked which included freedom of speech. "

The concept of "freedom of speech" applies only to political entities that attempt to curtail written, spoken or symbolic forms of communication -- and eBay is not a political entity.  

So the First Amendment is not applicable to this thread.

And whether or not this is a "free country" is open to interpretation.  Since we are a nation of law and order, individuals are not "free" to do or say anything that they choose.

Message 28 of 76
latest reply

@isaiah53-57 wrote:

I had a fairly expensive item stolen due to a sale facilitated with one of the sites thieving buyers - I contacted other sellers who had left false positive feedback to get them to file reports in the hopes of getting the buyer booted - I discovered a large number had already reported the buyer for the same crime - There were likely many more reports from sellers who I could not, or did not attempt to contact - 90 days down the road the buyer was still thieving with impunity... If thats not the site's fault then then I dont know what is...

If we're talking about false claims of damage, you can thank the snake oil salesmen of yore.  Due to pressure from scammed citizens, whose money had been stolen by shady mail order 'businesses', the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) put in place a consumer protection.  Which is:  If the customer did not receive their order, did not receive what they ordered, or did not receive it in the condition shown in the catalog, the seller must 'make the customer whole'.  Which is to say, the seller must reship or refund.

This was on the books long before eBay, long before the Internet even.  It's those "bad apples" that spoil the pie for everyone.  There are occasions where the seller can require return, usually by prepaying postage (but not always), and then refund or return only after the returned item is received.  The glaring hole in that process is that there is no way to ensure that what is returned to the seller is what the seller sent to the customer.  He said, she said.

I'm not sure what eBay's reporting threshold is for getting a buyer booted, but I'm pretty sure they set it rather high and will not share that value "for security reasons".  Ie - they don't want the scammers to know just how much they can get away with before the better stop and start a new ID.

The anonymity of the Internet emboldens a lot of people to do things they would not do if they had to look you in the eye to do it.  But there are still those who will lie to your face with a flinch or a second thought.  Not much you can do about them, especially online, where you can create an eBay buying ID with just an email address and a credit card.  If buyers had to be vetted the same as sellers, it might just reign in some of this "anonymity abuse" that runs rampant.

And if you think eBay is bad... you should see the results at Amazon.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 29 of 76
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

You have a lot of problem transactions in the past six months.

More than most members have in a decade.

Can you think of what might be the common point in all of them?

Maybe the common point is that they were all woke. Did I use that right?

Message 30 of 76
latest reply