cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

woke

I had to stop selling on eBay because the woke employees steel my money in favor of a convicted thief and burglar. He stole two of my items ($145.00) and eBay stole my money and gave it to him. After 24 years with eBay they crapped all over me. Another BUD LIGHT?

Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Re: woke

It's NOT woke.

It's Retail/Capitalism. 

Message 2 of 76
latest reply

@fineinteriors1 

Instead of name calling  and finger pointing, could you please slow your role and let us know exactly what happened? What makes you think they're woke? Who cares if they're woke...this is business.  Woke has nothing to do with business, it's a persons outlook and it doesn't apply here on eBay or any other internet platform.  eBay doesn't steal anyone's money or items.  

Please come back with a clear head and let us know what the situation is so those who take their time to volunteer can help. 

Message 3 of 76
latest reply

I still don't understand "woke" in a sentence to this day.

I only know "I woke up" in bed or such in a sentence. I feel sorry for children understanding this.

If there is a problem with a buyer...you try to work it out with the buyer before eBay gets involved.

I prefer 🍷.

Message 4 of 76
latest reply

Later ......

Message 5 of 76
latest reply

What do you mean by "in favor of a convicted thief and burglar" -you mean the buyer?  What makes you think they have such a conviction history? 

Message 6 of 76
latest reply

@fineinteriors1 wrote:

I had to stop selling on eBay because the woke employees steel my money in favor of a convicted thief and burglar. He stole two of my items ($145.00) and eBay stole my money and gave it to him. After 24 years with eBay they crapped all over me. Another BUD LIGHT?

If anyone stole your money it was the person you sold to that filed an allegedly false claim. It was definitely not eBay.

Message 7 of 76
latest reply

@fineinteriors1 

I want to respectfully point out that using language like "woke employees" and making assumptions about someone's character is harmful and not constructive.

Message 8 of 76
latest reply

Wow.  If somebody did all that to me, I wouldn't have anything more to do with them either.  
This assumes, of course, that you did nothing wrong.  Isn't there somebody else currently in the news who proclaims that almost daily?  "I did nothing wrong!!"  

I would be more likely to blame the individual (thief/burglar) who wronged me, rather than a corporation. 
eBay usually has very good safeguards in place to protect all its users from thieves and burglars. 
But everybody has to follow eBay's rules in order for those rules to be effective.  

As for the beer, no thanks.  Not today.  

Message 9 of 76
latest reply

@monroe67 wrote:

eBay usually has very good safeguards in place to protect all its users from thieves and burglars. 
But everybody has to follow eBay's rules in order for those rules to be effective. 

WHAAAAAAT?????

Message 10 of 76
latest reply

Was this the  "Wright & McGill Stream & Lake #88A. Made in Denver, CO. USA. (#134832952775)"
If the buyer did not pay you, why did you ship?

Or was it the"Pflueger Medalist 1494 fly reel, Sculpted pillars, w/extra spool (#134908319700)"

BTW. leaving a false positive is not allowed and the buyer can have the FB removed and you would get a Defect.

You have a lot of problem transactions in the past six months.

More than most members have in a decade.

Can you think of what might be the common point in all of them?

Message 11 of 76
latest reply

@fineinteriors1 wrote:

I had to stop selling on eBay because the woke employees steel my money in favor of a convicted thief and burglar.

@fineinteriors1 : What is your understanding of what the term 'woke' means?

Message 12 of 76
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

I still don't understand "woke" in a sentence to this day.

I only know "I woke up" in bed or such in a sentence. I feel sorry for children understanding this.

I think of it this way... I'd rather be woke up/concious to live my life on my terms and making my own decision, than to spend it sleeping/unconsciously following someone else's right/wrong decisions.  I realize that it's easier to let someone else tell you what to think... but I've never really understood why that's considered a good thing.

We definitely need more details before any assistance can be rendered, which presupposes that the OP is actually interested in finding out why this happened and how to try and avoid it in the future without running away from one site to another with basically the same rules.

Oh well... each time a seller leaves, 2 more shall take their place.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 13 of 76
latest reply

Attacking the OP for not using words that you can better identify with is not useful either. Why do some that reply to OP's have to take the attack to a personal level when they use a certain word or misuse sentence structure? It was a free country last I checked which included freedom of speech.  Just say'in. They are just words. No one is special here.

Message 14 of 76
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@fineinteriors1 wrote:

If anyone stole your money it was the person you sold to that filed an allegedly false claim. It was definitely not eBay.

If the OP has solid evidence to support the claim of theft, then there are numerous avenues to explore:

- File a claim with eBay, showing your evidence that the shipment was delivered.  That's usually my #1 step at work, and it's quite often the only step needed.

- They could file a claim in Small Claims Court and get a judgment against the buyer.  Not sure how helpful that is unless you know or can hire someone to collect the judgment.

- They could file a police report is the buyer's home town, supplying the department with all the evidence needed to determine if an investigation is warranted.  They may also have additional information for the OP on how to handle this type of situation with an out-of-town police force.

- If the shipment went thru USPS, you can file a claim with the Postal Inspectors and ask them to look into it.  If there's a pattern, your claim could be the last piece they need to actually prosecute.

I'm sure there are more options, but with so little detail to go on, you have to lood at 'broad stroke' options and then finesse from there.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 15 of 76
latest reply