cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why are sellers now cancelling completed sales?

I have had 3 sellers in the past week cancel a sale after the auction closed with no reason given. Am I to believe that is ok now? If you don't get as much as you want just cancel it? I thought that is what a reserve auction was for. I sold for years and lost money on many items. Can't even leave feedback staing the seller is sketchy...

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: why are sellers now cancelling completed sales?

@camerondelavan
Hi darlin
Nope don't work for ebay & am not a new kid on the block.
Maybe you are if you think I am Ina from ecommerce or since you are taking such offense to a post trying to help you out.

Been around well over 16 years , buy a lot sell alot 
So back to the seller your still using the wrong seller ID
I advised in my first reply you cannot name names on these boards & your naming the wrong seller YET AGAIN and now you have added a persons email address & name. Keep that up & you won't be posting here long.

Sorry for trying to help you out thinking you may not know about the Paypal glitch, You should not come to the boards with such thin skin

Edit
To add you may want to self report your post  to get this sellers information removed

Message 31 of 40
latest reply

@sin-n-dex wrote:

@phcd1 wrote:

... To make matters worse, it's been 2 weeks and she won't confirm the cancellation!...

Open a UPI case, now!

No can do. Once the cancel request is done by the seller, you are no longer able to request an unpaid case.

However, it does time out in approximately 10 days, if it's not timing out on it's own, check to see if the fees are recovered in your account. If they are, just archive it and forget about it.

If by 12 days have passed, you haven't got your fees back, place a call.

A buyer isn't required to confirm a cancellation and many of them who request cancellation don't confirm it at all. (I see this as a lack of courtesy to tie up a sellers item for 10 days while they wait to relist). But unfortunately nuissances is part of business.

C.

I'm not positive but unless the buyer has paid, I don't think that there is anything for them to agree to.  It seems that it is one of those eBay one item fits all responses so even though eBay says that they are waiting for a response, in some situations the buyer cant respond. 

That does make me wonder how eBay then knows if the buyer really did request the cancellation. Does anyone know for sure if the buyer can disagree with the cancellation if they haven't paid yet?  According to a previous poster it sounds as if that may be possible.

Message 32 of 40
latest reply

Did you pay before or after the cancellation request?  I am not judging you in any way I am just trying to figure out something about the cancellation process.

As far as contacting eBay, they already know about the problem because you declined the cancellation so the seller should receive a defect. Phoning them isn't going to make a difference.

Message 33 of 40
latest reply

Hi pjcdn2005
No a buyer  cannot agree or disagree. I just had this happen
I cancelled a sale because someone went around my BBL & bought an item from me.
I called ebay CS to report both ID's & was advised per useless CS to xcnl per buyers request. They had not paid yet
I xcnlled & now I have a big fat red donut Smiley Surprised
And topper ebay CS says it stays.   Says a team looks at the buyers I reported but I will never know what happens
Funny I xcnlled because this buyer did a BO & when I saw the feedback she left was page after page of negatives I blocked her & now I got one anyway!!!!!!
She kept emailing me saying it's strange I can't purchase this dress. New low feedback ID pops up a short time later with the same first name buyer as the user ID name I blocked, Hmmmmmmm     
So I the seller xcnlled & the buyer had no say (just the last words my negative) 

Message 34 of 40
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

Hi pjcdn2005
No a buyer  cannot agree or disagree. I just had this happen
I cancelled a sale because someone went around my BBL & bought an item from me.
I called ebay CS to report both ID's & was advised per useless CS to xcnl per buyers request. They had not paid yet
I xcnlled & now I have a big fat red donut Smiley Surprised
And topper ebay CS says it stays.   Says a team looks at the buyers I reported but I will never know what happens
Funny I xcnlled because this buyer did a BO & when I saw the feedback she left was page after page of negatives I blocked her & now I got one anyway!!!!!!
She kept emailing me saying it's strange I can't purchase this dress. New low feedback ID pops up a short time later with the same first name buyer as the user ID name I blocked, Hmmmmmmm     
So I the seller xcnlled & the buyer had no say (just the last words my negative) 

I think that if they have paid they can disagree as my husband refunded and cancelled a sale, the buyer disagreed so his fees were not credited.  

You got a negative.....this whole cancellation thing is confusing as some buyers have said that once an item was cancelled they couldn't leave feedback but obviously that isn't  true in all cases. That's just one of the confusing things.

Message 35 of 40
latest reply

I purchased an air purifier on eBay for my severe Allergy’s, this was NOT an auction where the Buyer didn’t get paid what they were hoping for. The $119.00 left my Credit Card via PayPal, however the next day I got notification the Seller cancelled and refunded because “Not in Stock or Damaged”. I didn’t get an option to “Disagree” as mentioned by one forum member, and the eBay option of “Contact Seller”... They haven’t responded in 2 days, no explanation or apology. Feedback won’t be an option for 10 days...

PayPal account after several hours showed the Refund complete, but notice says it will take several days or possibly weeks for the money to reappear on my Credit Card. In the mean time I don’t have access to the funds so I can buy one locally. Grrr

Message 36 of 40
latest reply

Sorry for your experience, Angel, but best to start your own thread

Thread is from 5/16

alan@ebay

Message 37 of 40
latest reply

I',m livid because a seller cancelled a sale after i paid promptly and in full . if a buyer is legally obligated, shouldn't the seller also be? and there doesnt seem to be any penalty for this abomination to all that is fair in trade. 

Message 38 of 40
latest reply

This is a very old thread - you should start a new one. 

eBay cannot force a buyer to pay, and cannot force a seller to ship.  The seller will be punished for cancelling sales, and IF he used the reason "Buyer request", you can call eBay and tell them you did not make that request, which will put a defect on his account. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 39 of 40
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.

Message 40 of 40
latest reply