cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copied Listing and Nothing Done About It

Been selling headliners for almost 15 years and here comes another seller that uses my picture(s) as well as exact wording in the title as as well as description.  Identical in almost every way. Ebay and VERO will do nothing

compare mine 252787279178

with his               273987147347

Not the only listing he's copied either

Flagrant!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Ebay allows you to copy the words and pictures now. It was announced an update or 2 ago.

Makes for a more uniform shopping and buying experience, they say.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

you should count your blessings,not your bruises...thats what my wife says

are you really upset that someone borrowed your couch picture

I mean seriously,your competition has out done you

they have way better pictures,look at your picture when its small.large dark blob..why so dark   on a sofa

I do not feel the need to take great pictures either..the merchandise either sells or it does not

ebay told me I can help my self to your pictures and layout

I mean no disrepspect but if you were paying ebay thousands each month you might just feel entitled to borrow some pix...courtesy of ebay

ebay is all about the selling,not borrowing pictures...nothing will ever be done..you can be sure of that

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Be sure to put that ID on your BBL - sounds to me like he/she may be trying to use you as a drop-ship supplier - selling from your listing, then having you ship it to their customer for an increased price. I'd recommend not letting them do that unless you just want the sale.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

if you were a member of vero you would have had instant action

ebay listings are only taken down at the request of vero.....all listings are deemed to be legitimate by ebay

if they are not removed its because vero did not complain,it has little to do with weather or not a listing is genuine

I plan on being a member of vero within 18 months

its not difficult to do at all..you just need to trademark/register  your brand with  vero..simple to do

up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

corvette could shut him down easily since it is not a genuine corvette product

the coycat lister is using a trademarked name to use with his listings...very stupid idea

your are not corvette dealer either.just a fabric seller like JoAnne fabrics  or craft stores

they are merley some material that can fit a corvette when you make it fit

are you licensed by Chevrolet to use the corvette name?

up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

You are aware that eBay has in an update to the UA some time ago granted themselves non-exclusive rights to use anything uploaded to the site.  Much of it has been added to their catalog and made available to other sellers wishing to use it.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

if you were a member of vero you would have had instant action

That is no longer the case.  Even if a seller is a Vero member, eBay no longer removes listings that contain plagiarized content taken from another ebay seller's listing in the form or text or pictures.   Though eBay has told us since the Vero program began, that they were "required" to remove listings as a result of a Vero member's complaint, it appears not to be the case with regards to stolen content such as this on eBay. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply