cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i find my buyer's email address now?

Where are they hiding the email addresses of my buyers now?  They used to just be there.  Thanks, Tam

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

You have to go into PayPal and look at it in "classic view".  You're welcome, Tam.

Tam

Message 2 of 53
latest reply

Either find the first message that PayPal sent announcing that you received a payment then pretend to reply to that email to see your payer's email address @upscaleresalebonita, or pretend to refund that payment at PayPal and you'll see your payer's email address.

Message 3 of 53
latest reply

Thanks!  What a joke ebay hs become to sellers!

Message 4 of 53
latest reply

On my sold items page the email address is clearly shown right next to the buyers user name.

Maybe there is something in your preference's setting that is preventing it from showing. I have never had a problem as you describe.

Message 5 of 53
latest reply

@upscaleresalebonita wrote:

For many years now, eBay has been strongly encouraging sellers to use the eBay built-in messaging system to communicate with buyers.

Message 6 of 53
latest reply

Because you don't need it for anything on ebay.

Message 7 of 53
latest reply

I have to go to PayPal to find it.
Message 8 of 53
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

For many years now, eBay has been strongly encouraging sellers to use the eBay built-in messaging system to communicate with buyers.

Correct, I have not read an email from Ebay in years. If I was the OP's buyer I would never see it as I only rely on the message system.

Message 9 of 53
latest reply

@epic-history wrote:

Have you tried to find a buyers email address on Paypal in the last month? They no longer show anywhere even in Classic view. 

And they are not on any ebay page.

BTW, all my settings are fine.

Message 10 of 53
latest reply

In your email inbox where you got notification of payment, the from line says the email is from Paypal but if you click REPLY, the TO line will contain the name of the payer.   If it's the person's name and not their email address, just move your mouse over the person's name and their email address will appear.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 11 of 53
latest reply

@a*river*runs*through*it wrote:

@epic-history wrote:

Have you tried to find a buyers email address on Paypal in the last month? They no longer show anywhere even in Classic view. 

Every buyer email is available when you download your paypal activity as a CSV file. 

Message 12 of 53
latest reply

Where are they hiding the email addresses of my buyers now?  They used to just be there.  Thanks, Tam

Hi Tam- you can see buyer e-mails in Seller Hub on the Orders page, and also on the View Record page. Why do you need a buyer's e-mail? If you're trying to resolve an issue it's recommended that you handle it through the eBay message system so there's a record that customer service has visibility to in case things don't go smoothly. eBay messages are also more secure as there is less virus risk and less chance of spoof e-mails.

I use a buyer's e-mail once in a while to send a PDF of a return label- with a JPG copy through eBay messages, or to send a buyer a user manual PDF that goes with a physical item I sold.

Message 13 of 53
latest reply

I just tried the startegy or acting like I'm refunding. Worked perfect! Thank you!

Message 14 of 53
latest reply

Sorry. Zombie thread. 

Message 15 of 53
latest reply