cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Feedback Expansion???

How many sellers out there would like to see the Feedback system ask question to buyers when they don't leave 5 stars? They could have a drop down box as to why they feel 5 stars is not deserved. I have seen some ridiculous buyer mindsets when leaving written feedback. So you like the price/shipping cost and purchase the item, yet want to be passive aggressive and leave low feedback for shipping cost after the fact because its anonymous? That's tacky. We don't set the prices from shipping companies. I am convinced some buyers think we are an Ebay Employee and they don't understand why this "Big Corporation" doesn't offer free shipping like Amazon. And there is no such thing as free shipping. Most Veterans know the shipping cost is built into the item price or should be in theory. Thoughts? 

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: eBay Feedback Expansion???

The information would not be for me. It would be for Ebay to show the buyer is unreasonable and void the star rating for shipping so as not to effect my rating. The buyer wouldn't even know and definitely wouldn't be scolded. 

You are kidding right? Aggravating for the buyer? I guess you haven't noticed people LOVE giving their opinions. The Community Board here is proof of that. Lol. And if they are already upset they had to pay shipping, they would LOVE to click on the drop box choice "I don't believe I should have to pay shipping!" Shows that are a hypocrite because they were fine with paying shipping when they completed the transaction. 

I guess my frustration comes from the fact that I ship and drop off the same day as sale and scan label to get tracking started at the self serve kiosk. And my packages have 99.9% been delivered on time from USPS. And if they weren't delivered on time that is out of my control. And yet I still have 4.9 rating for shipping? I guess like others say most buyers don't research the sellers reputation, but it still gets under my skin. 

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

They shouldn't be buying online if they can't afford the shipping. It's a necessary evil unfortunately. I buy alot too and make sure I am happy with everything in the listing before I click on Buy. 

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

No thanks.

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

Uh.... no thanks.

My few buyers might think it over and come up with...

"I paid $4 postage on top of the $7.95 for the item... when the other guy gives FREE shipping!"  

Meanwhile... the "free shipping"  guy is charging $12.95... with NO combined shipping discount.

Don't make them start looking for something that never bothered them.

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

So basically. you think this would be a good way to shame buyers?  Yeah, no.

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

It's hard enough to get a buyer to post a feedback.  They are NOT going to come back to answer follow up questions.

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

Who said anything about coming back? As soon as the person clicks on less than five stars Ebay could prompt their software to ask them if they voluntarily would click on a drop box for their reason. The same way Ebay asks if you tried contacting the seller before leaving a negative/neutral feedback. EBay could word it like the following..."We at Ebay are concerned you didn't have a 5 star experience. Would you like to explain so we can make your next experience 5 stars?" And of course the buyer could decline. But in my opinion people love to give their two cents. Social media is mainly based off that psychology. The Information collected would be for Ebays eyes only. It might make for a better experience for both parties. 

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

No shaming involved. Shaming would be if I was shared their answers by Ebay and I posted here teasing them. This would be anonymous data for Ebays eyes only that could possibly make a better experience for both buyer and seller. I will put you on the hard No column. 😉

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

Feedback Stars are anonymous. This would not contribute to any back and forth as you say. 

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

Sellers can barely get buyers to leave FB as it is.  Really don't believe asking questions about reasons for the FB that was left would be the way to go.  

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

You are absolutely right, but IMHO you forget that now you are no longer a seller, you are a supplier, the one who sells is ebay, you upload the merchandise, nothing more.

People who have doubts about the statement above simply have to check the level of autonomy and control they have in the sale. For example, in terms of shipping, autonomy is zero, nada de nada. Would anyone dare to ship abroad without tracking? 15 years ago it was absolutely normal because the seller was in control. Today I would not dare to ask a seller in the USA to send me cheaper, without tracking... you would think that I am a scammer!!!  (this is what -initially- reduced international transactions... but this is another story).

If you understand the on top statement, then you will understand everything that happens on eBay.

Regards, and excuse my "english by Google" (everything I say is IMO, of course).

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

How many sellers out there would like to see the Feedback system ask question to buyers when they don't leave 5 stars? They could have a drop down box as to why they feel 5 stars is not deserved. 

Does a buyer ever look at a seller's "stars"? As a buyer, I haven't looked at a seller's star in at least a decade. 

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

As it is, we don't know who rated what and how when it comes to stars, just the overall metrics and feedback left. 

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

You're right shipping has always gone up not down. A lot of sellers do not get things for free. Factor in fees and taxes. Time.  It's very tough to offer free shipping on items. 

Message 29 of 29
latest reply