cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a seller to sell my items

Please respond if you are a local seller on ebay willing to sell on consignment.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I'm located in west San Jose

Area code 95129. Thanks. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You will need to start searching in your local area for a consignment shop. There are too many pit falls in selling for others which would include taxes, chargebacks 180 days after the sale etc. 

There are only a small number  of people that read and post to the community forums, so not a good chance of finding someone willing to do this by posting here. Besides, most consignment sellers do not come cheap if and when you find one. Good luck. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@xceedingxpectations 

Honestly, I would look locally or just do it yourself.  Given the fact that sellers must pay fees, taxes, have to deal with returns, chargebacks, many that could be fraudulent, my guess is not too many of this forum are going to reply.  Not to mention they may and should ask for a hefty take to cover all of the above I mentioned & most want 50% of your  take in these days.  Just giving you a heads up.  We see these types of post daily here and it's seldom that anyone replies. 

Good luck to you and have a great day. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

most want 50% of your  take 

@ckimodog 

I would insist on getting an hourly wage.  Who wants to work for 50% of "nothing" if the item doesn't sell.  It is not like the sell through rate is that great around here. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@ittybitnot 

Yes, good point!!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I'm not close enough anyway, but the only way I would do it is to purchase all (or those items that I wanted) the inventory outright (at a greatly reduced cost), and then I would list/resell the items. You would likely get about the same as you would if I worked on a %age basis, and it wouldn't be much. If I sold "for you", there would be no money transfer for at least 180 days after a sale.

Too many pitfalls for both with "on consignment" basis selling.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Might have something to do with the feedback showing for sale over a year ago. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

If I were hired to sell someone's items and they didn't sell, would that be my fault or would it still be ebay's fault?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 9 of 9
latest reply