cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Feedback Expansion???

How many sellers out there would like to see the Feedback system ask question to buyers when they don't leave 5 stars? They could have a drop down box as to why they feel 5 stars is not deserved. I have seen some ridiculous buyer mindsets when leaving written feedback. So you like the price/shipping cost and purchase the item, yet want to be passive aggressive and leave low feedback for shipping cost after the fact because its anonymous? That's tacky. We don't set the prices from shipping companies. I am convinced some buyers think we are an Ebay Employee and they don't understand why this "Big Corporation" doesn't offer free shipping like Amazon. And there is no such thing as free shipping. Most Veterans know the shipping cost is built into the item price or should be in theory. Thoughts? 

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I at one time used "free shipping" so that I would always have 5 stars there, but then came to realize that I do not care about the stars.

If potential buyers are concerned because I have less than a 5 star rating for anything, oh well, I don't care. They can move on to the next seller.

Not that many buyers (at least in my categories) leave feedback anyway. From my point of view, there is no need to make it any more complicated for them to leave it. Most can't be bothered to take the time as a it is now. Add another hoop to jump through, and just that many more hitting the back button, and only leaving feedback when displeased.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

I cant imagine Ebay ever instigating such a confrontational option when feedback is voluntary.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Do we REALLY want to know MORE of what the average person is 'thinking'?? 

If you didn't give it to me for FREE, you are charging too much. 

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

I at one time used "free shipping" so that I would always have 5 stars there, but then came to realize that I do not care about the stars.

If potential buyers are concerned because I have less than a 5 star rating for anything, oh well, I don't care. They can move on to the next seller.

Not that many buyers (at least in my categories) leave feedback anyway. From my point of view, there is no need to make it any more complicated for them to leave it. Most can't be bothered to take the time as a it is now. Add another hoop to jump through, and just that many more hitting the back button, and only leaving feedback when displeased.

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Those star ratings really don’t mean a thing. They aren’t counted against your service metrics. Many buyers don’t even bother click on them. 

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

My thoughts: 

Expanding the feedback to allow buyers and sellers to write small novels was bad enough, and there is now an eBay proposal to allow buyers to add photos to their feedback. 

To encourage even more back-and-forth snippy so-called "communication" between sellers and buyers with your suggestion is not a good idea at all.

-

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

"They need to get rid of feedback entirely and base everything on the number of sales." Either way you can't make everybody happy. If you don't like it ship it back. No comment.  

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

I hope Ebay doesn't go for this option.  Some  buyers are very hard to please, especially buying something used.  I can't even imagine  them leaving more info than what is necessary.  Sounds like a nightmare to me.

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

I would like to see the Feedback system ask as few questions as possible to buyers.

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

Feedback needs to be done away with.   When there was no protection offered it served a limited purpose. Today it's like the sport of fox tossing, out of place.  If the feedback has to stay at least drop the DSRs.  They never really worked and caused more harm that good.  Some buyers thought if shipping was free give three as it was not expensive or cheap.  That was late fixed but the rest of the issues are still there.

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

@slyders_finds wrote: ... They could have a drop down box as to why they feel 5 stars is not deserved. I have seen some ridiculous buyer mindsets when leaving written feedback. .... Thoughts? 

Why on earth would you want  more details about this? What would you do with that information? IMHO it would only make the experience more aggravating for both buyer and seller.

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Well, there used to be a blurb in feedback policies that leaving a positive rating with low stars was not allowed. Cannot find it now so it may have been an unannounced change. But one could possibly argue that it is a violation of eBay’s Feedback Misuse policy to leave positive feedback and then low stars.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-misuse-policy?id=5030

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

No...just, no - we don't need more emphasis on feedback, it's not a metric and pestering people with yet more qualifications for leaving it just ends up with a back button.

I wish they'd get rid of the pestering emails to leave feedback after 30 days, or make it an opt in/out.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 29
latest reply

Majority of buyers don't leave feedback anyway. 

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

I think I would like to see the new photos with feedback and how well that goes for sellers before instituting a new change. 

I have also found that even if something is marked with free shipping after receiving a buyer still thinks shipping is too high. Probably because it is.

Message 15 of 29
latest reply