Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

PAINTBALL GUNS WITH RUBBER BALLS VIOLATING POLICY?!

According to eBay Trust and Safety, any PAINTBALL GUN (since standard caliber is .43 cal and up) being sold with PAINTSOFT RUBBER BALLS, are against eBay policy.As we were hit with 7 listing removals and 2 violations in 24 hours and a 7 day wait just...

can you "Cancel order" excluding shipping?

USPS returned a package to me (as seller) because the address entered by the buyer in ebay was wrong. This was the buyer's fault and they admitted it over messages. I'm don't want to complete a "Cancel order" because it excludes the shipping, and I s...

Selling Privileges are Restricted due to "Extremely Bad" Level of INR%

I got this email from ebay "Upon evaluation of your recent transactions, we noticed that the INR% (item not received rate) of your eBay account is "extremely bad" level. Pursuant to our eBay user agreement and eBay policies, we regret to inform you t...

Modes Of Search Are Failing

When I do a category search, Time Ending Soonest, my items for sale are not showing up. Now the other problem is with search, Price + shipping: lowest first... also not showing the items. Sometimes it shows up one way, but not the other way, however ...

EbayModesofSearchFailure.png
User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 helpful

New question to old SSN topic

I, like others, have reached to $600 limit where eBay needs my full SSN for IRS reporting. OK, so be it. My question is : after I give them my SSN for this year, 2023, and I receive all due payouts, can I then go in and delete my SSN so it is not kep...

IT'S 2023 TIME TO CHANGE THE BIN POLICY

The sole reason ebay does NOT MANDATE payment is because they DO NOT want the buyer to feel pressured into paying. THAT was the answer I received from a former ebay VP.That's why they can NOT pay following an auction or worse bid up an item just beca...

Ebay is slowly dying.

Ebay management isn't doing a good job at promoting ebay and advertising on other platforms. We've been selling on Ebay for over 20 years. Slowly it's dying and will soon be replaced by something else or taken over completely by Amazon. Management ha...

Negative feedback, not my listing

I just received a negative feedback that said didn't receive the heater, just the stand. I didn't have a heater for sale, he bought a shirt from me. I sent him a message and explained the above but he has not replied back. How do I get this taken off...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Locating an item

If a potential buyer has an item saved in their watchlist & if I change my user ID will the buyer still be able to see my item in their watchlist? Thank you.

Now that sellers cannot be paid through PayPal, how do we handle refunds and similar issues?

Back when eBay allowed sellers to receive payments via PayPal, if there was a problem with an item that required a refund or discount after the fact, we could do that in two minutes by transferring funds from the seller's PayPal account to the buyer'...

Payment Missing

I sold an item August 29th, but since I was a new seller it said I wouldn’t be able to get the payout until September 14th. It is now October 7th and the money has yet to be added to my account. What do I do?

User avatar by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay sales are due to bad management and metrics system

Most small businesses on eBay are suffering with lack of or no sales, so instead of trying to get to the reason why, what do eBay do? Try to claw back their losses by putting up fees for sellers, launch ads/sponsored campaign, charge further fees if ...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors