cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHERE IS MY INVENTORY??!!!

Last November, I went into my Inventory to relist fall/winter items and most of it was "GONE". eBay had no explanation, so I thought I must have done something wrong, even though I had done the exact same thing for years. 

Today, I went into my Inventory to relist my spring/summer items, and once again the majority of my clothing items are GONE!! Where are they?? How did they get "deleted". I'm beyond angry.

I've been an "eBayer" since 1999, and am incredibly disappointed in eBay and the way things are being run.  They certainly are not like they used to be. 

Is anyone having this same issue with their INVENTORY?

Blessings!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: WHERE IS MY INVENTORY??!!!

@fern*wood wrote:

Did you see any of the responses from the last time?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/WHERE-IS-MY-INVENTORY/td-p/33363976

Lol, I thought this thread sounded familiar. 

Posting ID

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

There are 142 items for sale that I can see by clicking "view items" on your post:  clothes, underwear and handbags.  How many are you missing?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

When listings are "ended", they will stay in the ended folder for 90 days and then are purged by eBay.

You can activate the Out of Stock option and then zero out the quantity and I "think" they might be available for a lot longer. When they are OOS, they still count against your listed items each month as far as listing fees are concerned. 

Posting ID
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Yep they only keep the data for 90 days

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I've never in the time I've been here had eBay keep listings past 90 days - it used to be 60 days IIRC.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Probably 200+. 

In the past several years, I've used Inventory to relist my seasonal clothing items. Hmmm. I was totally unaware that eBay had started this 60 or 90-day inventory. Thank you all for the update!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@legalnurseconsultant wrote:

I was totally unaware that eBay had started this 60 or 90-day inventory. Thank you all for the update!

This information is incorrect relating to Inventory @legalnurseconsultant. The 90 day time period is how long listings last in Unsold for the average seller that don't have access to Inventory.

If any poster wants to learn a little about the Inventory feature, read my post on the OP's last thread here. Anybody with access to Inventory will see this in Seller Hub:

inventory.png

Sorry your listings have disappeared once again. My Inventory is still available - much of it several years old. Photos are hit or miss and I have difficulties relisting from Inventory. But the data is there so I can copy/paste into a new listing. The feature doesn't work, but I can access the data.

As I said last time: Since inventory mgmt is a grandfathered selling tool and not something eBay's offering to new subscribers, I don't see them putting many resources into it at this point. They revamped the entire appearance and functionality about a year and a half ago to bring coding relatively current and that was done just before they announced the deprecation of SMPro. I don't expect to see additional updates to inventory mgmt. We get what we get at this point, and if it's broken we probably won't see fixes.

Since your Inventory has now vanished twice, it may be time for you to rely on other sources, such as a third party listing tool that allows you to save listings on your computer.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Thanks so much!!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

Lol, I thought this thread sounded familiar. 

Posting ID
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Yours should have been the correct answer. It is still an option on here in November, but your advice is a good one to rely on other sources to track it. 

Screen Shot 2023-12-15 at 2.27.42 PM.png

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply