cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay relisting items I removed.

I had a diecast car and a set of action figures that were never bid on and I decided not to relist them and removed the two listings. This was the beginning of February. I logged in today to find the action figures sold. ebay relisted them without my knowledge and without any notification. I'm going to honor the purchase but now I don't want to list anything again.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

How did you remove them? End listing? That's odd. When I end a listing I also delete it from the Ended listing file.  

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

ending a listing causes the listing to go the unsold page where it sits till something is done with it.

you can choose to delete it forever. if you ignore this listing it gets buried with others

when  the listing is mixed in among many and you hit the relist everything button  then that is what happens to it.

if you end a listing you then need to delete it if you dont want to ever relist it again

@toy-depot 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@toy-depot wrote:

I had a diecast car and a set of action figures that were never bid on and I decided not to relist them and removed the two listings. This was the beginning of February. I logged in today to find the action figures sold. ebay relisted them without my knowledge and without any notification. I'm going to honor the purchase but now I don't want to list anything again.

Yikes!  If that scenario happened to me, my reaction would be:

GIF_giphy.gif

With ALL the messing around, changes, tweaking going on, crazy things are happening on eBay.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

you did not delete them or end them...they automatically relisted for you......

if I am not mistaken (i don't do many auctions) this is done for you for 8 consecutive weeks unless you choose to delete the auction listing....

!ebay-relist.jpg

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

It was removed and deleted on the 7th.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

That is exactly what I did. I had two listing that didn't sell that day and I ended and deleted them both. The other item isn't there anymore.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I never use the relist everything I choose to relist on my own and despite the fact that I unchecked the relist ebay keeps doing what I don't want including putting best offer back on a listing after I repeatedly uncheck that box as well.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I deleted an item I decided I no longer wanted to sell and eBay relisted it. I went back and deleted it, again, and a week later, it sold. I decided I do not want to sell the item and now I guess I'm obligated to complete the sale??? What if I had sold it elsewhere and no longer had it? Why is it so hard to get eBay to unlist something. Maybe deleting it was not the same as delisting it, but that would be very counter-intuitive. Deleting a listing should be enough ... if not, then eBay should ask if you wish to de-list the item, because it disappeared from my unsold items when I deleted it and I thought that was it.

I am definitely going to be very wary of using eBay to sell anything, again.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply