cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Tracking Error - Msg: DELIVERED INDIVIDUAL PICKED UP AT USPS

I noticed today that several of my packages dropped off at the Post Office have the message "DELIVERED INDIVIDUAL PICKED UP AT USPS".  Initially, I thought it was only one package and some kind of USPS error specific to my package. However, I have checked many others, and I see many cases of this delivery message.

A few hours later now at 9:45 EST on 12Dec2023, I see that the USPS site is posting that there is indeed a widespread USPS tracking issue. Here is the full message I get when I lookup tracking for a USPS package:

"Sorry, we're currently experiencing technical difficulties with our tracking application. We thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue. Please check back."

Hopefully, this will help other eBay sellers if you notice this issue. 

USPS-TrackingIssues_12Dec2023.png

Hopefully, this issue will be resolved soon. I would imagine this is going to confuse buyers if they check USPS tracking.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

They usually get these things resolved pretty quickly.  Thank you for letting everyone know as it may become important.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

When I woke up this morning, I had a similar message. Luckily the buyer sent a positive feedback message so I guess he got the items. Hopefully yours will arrive okay to.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

System is still down as of 0800 EST on Wednesday 12 December. Not sure if this is impacting their ability to do initial scans but this could begin to impact sellers metrics for those that have same day or 1 day shipping if it is not corrected shortly or if eBay does nothing to compensate. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1702472832467.png

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

looks OK to me now..........

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I had 2 packages scanned by the PO at intake that show Delivered at PO Box as their status. If you go to the USPS website they are moving through the system, but Ebay just shows the delivered status. Probably an error at the PO in the scan they picked.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I have received the message Delivered Individual Picked Up At USPS (or similar words) when I ship an order where the Buyer has General Delivery in their address. 

Just means the buyer has to go to the post office, present their ID and pick up their package.

USPS is under pressure this time of year so could be their system is overwhelmed scanning (or not scanning) the influx of packages.

Hope it resolves for you quickly. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@worldcoinauctions wrote:

I had 2 packages scanned by the PO at intake that show Delivered at PO Box as their status. If you go to the USPS website they are moving through the system, but Ebay just shows the delivered status. Probably an error at the PO in the scan they picked.

Ebay pulls its information directly from the USPS system.  It is not in real time.  But they update a few times a day, not sure how often.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 8
latest reply