cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throttling listings...guilty

Hello...is anybody out there? I’m calling eBay out. Something is amiss, but they’re not fessing-up. A large company needs 2 b accountable for their misdeeds. I’m sure the eBay volunteers (senior citizen monitors) will red flag this post, & delete it...predictable. Sorta reminds me of a dictatorship. 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Throttling listings...guilty

Im sure its referring to this remark from the op, whatever it means.

" I’m sure the eBay volunteers (senior citizen monitors) will red flag this post, & delete it...predictable. Sorta reminds me of a dictatorship."

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@pamairdo wrote:
Dictatorship indeed... Someone just marked my message asking for help with a troubled buyer as "spam." It says to create an abuse report if I believe that was in error. How do I do so?

If you are multi-posting (several threads about the same problem) about the same issue it will sometimes be considered spamming the boards which I think could be a violation of the "rules of engagement" of the boards.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

When AT&T throttled throughput they did it to save money. Why would Ebay throttle to reduce the number of sales if it loses them money? Fewer items for sale would lead to fewer sales you would think.

It may be happening but it does not make sense from a business standpoint.

It's not rocket science.  They don't have the enough buyers.  They have to pander, big box sellers, mega sellers, those in MP.  Something has to give, and that give is that they have to throttle smaller sellers in order to make sure their pets make sales and don't leave. 

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

I buy new clothing and vintage. I never see Chinese sellers or big box stores so your post does not agree with my experience. Given that I’ve bought over 20k items I think my history is pretty solid here.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

@where*you*crowin wrote:

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

When AT&T throttled throughput they did it to save money. Why would Ebay throttle to reduce the number of sales if it loses them money? Fewer items for sale would lead to fewer sales you would think.

It may be happening but it does not make sense from a business standpoint.

It's not rocket science.  They don't have the enough buyers.  They have to pander to the Chinese, big box sellers, mega sellers, those in MP.  Something has to give, and that give is that they have to throttle smaller sellers in order to make sure their pets make sales and don't leave. 

I figure those BigCorp sellers have minimum sales contracts with ebay, and when their sales start to slip, ebay has to rig things to keep them from leaving.

Solution is to sell one-of-a-kind items and don't try to compete with them.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

I think the only "throttling" is the result of too many people trying to sell the same thing. Competition just keeps increasing. There are many brands/style types I no longer carry because there's a ton of other sellers trying to sell the same thing for $4.99 or whatever. Not to mention the constant cycle of demand.  I've always said retail isn't for the faint of heart. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 21 of 21
latest reply