cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That's it I'm outta here, Done, Finished, Addios

Thank you and Goodbye, Another seller refusing to pay you a dime more, another good seller you have lost, assisted theft and everything E Bay now stands for does not meet my criteria, far easier and more seller friendly venues out there which i gradually migrated to over the last year, far better results, far better seller protection, and guess what far less fees. Store shut down all listings removed.

Goodbye

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: That's it I'm outta here, Done, Finished, Addios

Yup. I shut down more store 2 days ago and removed all my listings. I refuse to give them another dime! I had a store subscription and they still took a ridiculous amount of money from me. Frustrated, sad, and done. 

Message 46 of 67
latest reply

@tfantasy2015 wrote:

Yup. I shut down more store 2 days ago and removed all my listings. I refuse to give them another dime! I had a store subscription and they still took a ridiculous amount of money from me. Frustrated, sad, and done. 

Sorry to hear that.  I did too.  Wish it could be like the good ole days again...

Message 47 of 67
latest reply

I am saddened to see so many great sellers leave.  I understand your pain.  I closed my store about 3 months ago and took down 650 listings.  After 16.5 years and over 20,000 successful transactions, I called it quits.   

Last November I started reading here because odd things were happening with my sales.  A 24 hour window would open once a week and all kinds of offers would come in and then done... until the next week.  I used to have very busy weekends here.  Crazy, but that stopped, too.  So I came here to see if it was happening to anyone else and found my answer.  

There was no way I was paying extra to promote listings.  And there's been a drastic decline here in the last few months.  There are more knowledgeable sellers here than me that have studied what it is happening and I have appreciated their posts.  

Message 48 of 67
latest reply

What other venues are there? I'm listing on Etsy, but that doesn't do anything for me either. I'd like to find another venue to sell on, but can't seem to find any others.

What others are you using?

Thanks

Message 49 of 67
latest reply

I would always have about 10 packages to ship out Monday morning.
I don’t anymore but I have been dividing my time into 2 selling platforms. I only had 4 this morning. The other place is slow going but I’ve sold roughly 50 items there since June 1st. It isn’t wonderful but it isnt bad either. I have almost all my listing over there. I’m not giving up on eBay just yet. But I’m tossing the store question back and forth. Is it really worth having a store or not?
Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 50 of 67
latest reply

When I still sold here I tried a store...lol! My sales tanked. Not sure why, maybe the timing wasn't right but I bailed on the store. Stayed selling for awhile but the writing was on the wall. I'm still a buyer but not as much anymore. Search sux...hate it.
Message 51 of 67
latest reply

I have a basic store. To me, the only reason, or justification to EVER have a store....is if the "specific items" you sell will have reduced e-bay fees of 6.9% instead of the regular 9.9% and the 3% savings is more than $21.00 store subscription. If you're only selling items with regular fees at over 9%...then gosh...just skip the store!!! E-Bay regularly gives away 100 to 150 free-monthly listing out to everyone...so free listings are NOT a good reason to be paying $21. I sell coins so I pretty much need to have a subscription...but believe me, 4 to 6 months I lose!! on that $21.00....pretty soon having a store subscription will be a wash for me too...if i don't have regular good sales. I hope E-bay is listening.

Message 52 of 67
latest reply

Ebay certainly assists buyers in stealing or with malicious behavior but the money coming in still outweighs the time and hassle of dealing with scammers and nutjobs.

Message 53 of 67
latest reply

@wifetrained wrote:

Ebay is just a listing venue, that's all it's ever been, that's all it is now, and it's all it'll ever be. 

Ebay has not been a "venue" or "platform" for years and years and years.

Its search manipulation.

Message 54 of 67
latest reply

Thank you for sharing, wish you find a new suitable path.

Message 55 of 67
latest reply

Good bye :(((((

Message 56 of 67
latest reply

I probably won't be far behind you.  The day managed payments become mandatory will be my last day on eBay.  In the meantime I'll rock along without a store, best offer, promoted listings,  or anything else that puts one extra dime in ebay's coffers.

Message 57 of 67
latest reply

As a buyer I feel the same...here’s why:

1. Very few good deals or even reasonable deals in past 5 years .  Ex-5 worn out snap on wrenches $50.00.  Hahahahaha

2. One word....  Amazon

3.  Sellers with stores want retail prices.  Small sellers want to make a killing.  Chinese sellers destroy any American sellers ability to be competitive because of cheap shipping costs in China .  This was not the model that made Ebay successful, but it is the model that has doomed Ebay. 

4.  The entire Ebay experience that was once exciting and often ended in satisfaction with a purchase now often ends with the feeling you were price gouged and screwed.

5.  Ebay ‘s CEO comes of like a total dick.  I don’t do business with dick companies.

Message 58 of 67
latest reply

Basically I didn’t take enough time to figure out how to do everything the right way (which is another complaint...it seems too complicated until you get used to it ).  So it’s my fault for not taking the time to figure it out but I didn’t have tons of time.  However, even the cheapest shipping was $48.  Tell me how other US sellers can ship the exact same thing for the $17 shipping fee they’re charging?  How can I even try to compete price wise?

Message 59 of 67
latest reply

Since I could care less if I was permanently banned from Ebay for life and would actually count it a blessing.............I ENCOURAGE YOU TO LEAVE EBAY IN COMPLETE DEFIANCE OF ANY TERMS OF SERVICE!  And what a service they provide.

Message 60 of 67
latest reply